This is news to me!

How U Doin?

Oh um..hi... :blushing:

Your wall, or mine? :wink:

hey hey! i called dibs!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't say it's a "hook up" site...but it is full of flirty, funny...growing confident people that are having an AWESOME life getting fit, supporting each other...

and when you have a community like that??? the jokes, the flirting...the pure sass...well it just comes out...

in SPADES....
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    66awbkn.gif

hahaha! this is sweet
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal-contracted clap would agree.

Isn't their stuff you can take for that?
  • HMToomey
    Options
    what do you expect... they integrated fitbit, now my fit bits need integrated.

LMAO Clever!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Why not? If you're single, you have a bunch of people with common interests, with a high degree of self confidence. It is only natural.

It's a multi-faceted website, to each their own right?

I agree^^ Smart man^^
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i met my amazing fiance on here!! i love him verry much!! because we met here we both are supportive when it comes to weight loss, eating right, and exercising, etc. there is no "why exercise when you should be _____?!" or
    "lets make a big pile of grease for dinner"
    "no i'm trying to lose weight" "too bad!!!!!"
    so just my opinion if you find someone online u find someone. you will at least have common interests. if you just want to use it for the calorie counter/motivation go right ahead!! as long as you follow the rules then whatever floats your lil ol boat. :)
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    i was gonna hook up with an 15 year old girl but she turned out to be a 72 year old man

140.gif
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    My fitness pal-contracted clap would agree.

we did the mamoushka...

tumblr_lpy6yqXlOg1qzieapo1_500.jpg
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Im totally hooking up with a MFP member.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I think some of the women on here are pushing the envelope a bit too much. Some of the comments are GROSS....and they should really think more of themselves............

I'm one of those women....

and I think highly of myself...so do all the people in my friends list....

but I have FUN....i spend my days being serious in a leading corporate position...

if I don't have fun somewhere I'm gonna end up with the same stainless steel rod some other people have shoved up their.....

yeah......i'll take flirty with a side of fun please?
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    I think some of the women on here are pushing the envelope a bit too much. Some of the comments are GROSS....and they should really think more of themselves............

I'm one of those women....

and I think highly of myself...so do all the people in my friends list....

but I have FUN....i spend my days being serious in a leading corporate position...

if I don't have fun somewhere I'm gonna end up with the same stainless steel rod some other people have shoved up their.....

yeah......i'll take flirty with a side of fun please?

um... it will cost you 3 fitty..
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love it. Find it entertaining. Makes my day go by fast! I'm married, so no flirting going on here, but I don't mind getting COMPLIMENTS
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Methinks someone is jealous she doesn't get the attention that these "other women" get.

<<<<<<<One of those "other women". Sup?
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It's cute that you thought that we're here for fitness. :flowerforyou:
  • DarthCeltic
    Options
    Methinks someone is jealous she doesn't get the attention that these "other women" get.

you should leak some insight to her... wait.. you just did that.. man.. im always so late!
  • mindirella
    Options
    66awbkn.gif

I can't stop looking at this - it's cracking me up!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    The point I think is missed a lot on here is that a lot of us really had horrible self-esteem issues in the past with our bodies. Some of those emotions persist even after we reach our fitness or body goals. A lot of what is seen as "flirting" on here is really just a lot of us becoming more comfortable with ourselves and our bodies and getting some positive encouragement mixed with a little humor from the people who support us. Some of it is abject flirting, but I have no problem supporting my friends, male and female, who are becoming confident enough to show off their new bodies that they've worked so hard to have.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This site is whatever YOU decide to make it. In the short amount of time I've been on MFP this is what I've seen

- People getting close and started dating each other
    - Have seen a marriage proposal between 2 people who met each other via MFP
    - Have seen some amazing friendship
    - Have seen people who're using this site ONLY for fitness
    - Have seen people who use this site ONLY like its facebook.

As per the owners of the site, all of these and more are valid uses of the site. After all, if it gives you mental and emotional ease, thats part of fitness too. As long as you're using the site within the site guideline, there is no limitation to how you should be using this site

^ This!

I will say I have met a few people from MFP in real life. So it is a way to make friendships as well.
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wait - FLIRTING? How did I miss that? Sad supatim...