Cute things your kid says

Options

Replies

• rhvandan
    Options
    When my oldest, Anya, was 18 months old.. we were driving from home to her daycare (which, back then, was quite a drive).. We were on the freeway next to a semi when it suddenly put its air brakes on. Anya, not knowing what was happening, looked thoughtful for a minute, then piped up. "Mommy.. truck farted!". I almost had to stop the car I was laughing so hard.

My twins, on the other hand, are 2 next month. Twin A, Marie, is quite a brute and picks on her sister, Lora, often. One day, Marie was pulling Loras hair, and even though Lora wasn't crying or upset about it I asked her to stop.. She stopped and looked at me, then said "mama, sister likes it!". I swear these girls are going to be the death of me!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    One of the cutest happened this morning:

Background: my child is almost 5 but still doesn't wake up at night to urinate. So she wears either cloth bedwetter pants or diposables; I vary them due to rashes etc. For the last few nights (except last night) she had worn disposables.

Mom: Did you throw your diaper in the garbage upstairs? You know I want you to throw it out downstairs because it gets too stinky upstairs.

Daughter: (Puzzled look).

Mom: (more firmly) Sweetie, go get your diaper and throw it in the garbage down here.

Daughter: Mommy, you want me to throw the cloth diaper in the garbage?

Well, I had to hug her and laugh and tell her that mom was very silly and that I had forgotten that she had wore cloth, and good for her to question when mommy said something that didn't make sense! :heart:
  • jrbb03092
    jrbb03092 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    When my now-12-year-old was 7, we were playing Life and I landed on the square where you get married. I teasingly asked if I could have two husbands and quick as a snap, she goes, "no, there's no polygamy in this game".

My husband and I were like O_O.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When my now-12-year-old was 7, we were playing Life and I landed on the square where you get married. I teasingly asked if I could have two husbands and quick as a snap, she goes, "no, there's no polygamy in this game".

That is funny!
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

omg!!!!!!!!! I can't breathe.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Lately, my 4 year old daughter has been telling me she speaks the languages of animals. This morning she told me she speaks cat. Yesterday it was bird.

A few weeks ago in the car she tells my husband that she kisses boys and in response my husband freaks out and says "What?! Who??" She goes, "I don't kiss and tell, Daddy."

I love that kid. :)
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    "Well mom that is my crap clap it makes me crap"

^^THIS! lol
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    lol @ kiss and tell
  • shara85
    shara85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My son LOVES the Avengers.
    There is a particular one he loves, Hawkeye.

Well you know, he doesn't speak all that well yet. So when he says it, it sounds like "hot guy" he is ALWAYS running around the house talking about "hot guys"

Ethan: "mommy I want a hot guy with a bow and arrow for my birthday"
    Me: "me tooo baby, me too"

HAHAHA! :)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    At five my daughter told me she wanted to be just like me when she grew up. I was so happy!!! Then she followed it with "yep I wanna have big ol'legs and big butt!" Oh the pride :smile:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    My three year old nephew had to have a ct scan done yesterday (he has an eye infection they are concerned about) and the tech told him they were going to take a picture of his head so he had to be very still.... so they get started and my sister (his mom) can tell he is scared but putting on a brave face and then she hears him very quietly say "Cheese!" Awww... bless his little heart!

OMG this is the most adorable thing ever! :-) I hope he's better soon!
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When my daughter was about 4. She was in the bathtub while I was changing in the bathroom. She told me she couldn't wait to get old. I asked her why. She replied "because when I get old I will have hang down boobies like you."

Thanks sweetie! Mommy is old with saggy boobs.

LMAO I'm dying right now. Sounds like my 3 year old
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    we ae trying to get my 3 year old ready for school. one of the things we are wroking on is her cleaning up after herself. she also likes to do role reversal and say she's mommy and i'm the baby. this is a particular incident that happened a few days ago:

me- clean up your toys, phoenix
    phoenix- no, i'm mommy, you baby
    me- ok mommy clean up your toys
    phoenix- no i'm mommy. them your toys. you clean them

i didn't know what to say...she's had got me
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I live with a family i used to nanny for and the daughter is now 5.
    the other day she was playing with her pens and pencils and she dropped a pen, she picked up the pen, stared at it intensely and said "naughty pen, i knew i couldnt trust you!"

When i was feeding the dog one night she said to the dog "bon appétit!" and i said to her "oh thats French! do you know in what country they speak French?" her answer.. "OSTRICH!".... I think she meant Austria :P
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    My little brother was being quite snappy one day and my Mom sent him to his room...

Little brother: Mommy, can I come out now?
    Mom: Not until you lose that attitude?
    Little brother: I've tried to lose it but it just keeps finding me!

too.cute.
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My daughter assures me that I work out better than all the minions in the 'Insanity' infomercials!!! She always makes me promise I will sign up to be in the next one :blushing:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Usually he says, "Meow," But sometimes he likes to mix it up with an "erf" or a "merrrrrrow?"
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My heart always melts when my little one says "You're my favourite mommy ever!"

This is always in response to me saying "You're my favourite [insert his name here] ever!"

Also, whenever I'm working to a Jillian Michaels DVD he asks if I'm working out so that I can have muscles on my tummy like the ladies on TV.

God, I could squish him!!! lol
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    My five year old told me last week, as I was dragging both her and her 2 year-old brother our of the house, and shouting, 'C'mon guys, you're gonna make me late,' "Mommy, I think we need a better routine in the mornings."
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I told my 4 year old son "I love you sweetheart." He comes back and says "I'm not a sweetheart, I'm a sweet circle." For a while, I was a sweet triangle.

One night when he was three, we were having ribs for dinner. He thought it was amazing that we were eating dinosaur bones. :)