tell me I am hot..???!!! WTF?

Options

Replies

• strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I hate that the world is all about looks...I think beauty comes from deep within...the most gorgeous girl or guy can be seen as UGLY because of their shallowness/attitude of themselves. I think self confidence is great, but I can't compare to these ppl! I can tell u are a beautiful person inside & out!

I might get crap for this but for many guys, looks come first. I haven't heard anyone say: "Oh crap, I met this girl that I didn't like but she was beautiful inside so I am going to date her..." Your personality is what keeps us around. Now, by looks I mean whatever the specific guy's definition of beauty is.... everyone likes different things so what's hot for me may not be so hot for my buddy next door.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    "It's getting hot in here, so hot, so take off all your clothes
    I am, getting so hot, I wanna take my clothes off
    It's getting hot in here, so hot, so take off all your clothes
    I am, getting so hot, I wanna take my clothes off

Uh, uh, uh, let it hang all out!"

LOL Gotta love on Nelly at a time like this!! ;)
    i love that song! "singing it in my head" now!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    But what would the Internet be if people didn't post scantily clad pictures of themselves?

Useless, that's what.

:drinker:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I never reply to the "rate this person" or "is this person hot" posts. I feel I would be the one to get skipped over or a "no".
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    karynspeace, you're hot. And you don't need a bikini to prove it. You're here to live a healthier lifestyle and work your butt off (like many others here) and there's nothing hotter than someone who wants to take care of themselves.

The other threads are just people having fun.. Maybe they need a boost every once in a while too. And what one person may see as "hot" another might think "not so much" (like apparently my thigh gaps are gross to some people).

Keep on keepin' on, and I look forward to your bikini photos down the road.

Well said!!! :drinker:
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Darn I hate that Nellie song!!!
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Ok so I enjoy the posts in these forums as much as the next person, but I have decided that it is also very depressing at times. <insert whiney b*tch voice here> .. we all wish someone would say "wow you are hot!" but no, its just for the bikini clad photo ladies and gents! So instead of WOW you are HOT, I say SCRAM!!! Make room for the rest of us beauties that don't meet your standards! :tongue:

ugh..no wonder... I haven't been wearing my bikini. :grumble:
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Tell me about it. I swear every time I post in a picture thread, I am immediately overlooked for a "bikini babe." Just like I have been for most of my life. *sigh*
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    we all wish someone would say "wow you are hot!"
    We do? I've seen some great bodies on this site because there are people who have worked really hard to get themselves toned, fit, and healthy. I've never once looked at a hot woman in a bikini pic and felt bad about myself because others are telling her she's hot. I think, "Good for her. She looks amazing". Don't rely on others to determine your self-esteem.
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    I completely agree. I've seen many posts asking people on here what they think about the poster's looks. I'd love to be brave enough to do that. But I don't get compliments without pointedly asking for them.. so I am afraid to post something asking folks what they really think about my looks. I don't think my morale nor self-confidence could handle that. So on one hand I agree with you, OP, but on the other hand, I guess I am envious of the other posters' bravery in putting themselves out there for the critiques. <shrug> I would be ecstatic if someone thought I was hot, but I am also very much a realist and know what I see in the mirror is the furthest thing from what the general consensus has decreed "HOT" to be.

You've lost 230 pounds!!!! That's HOT!!! That's an amazing acomplishment.
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    Those girls with flawless model sculpted bodies work very hard to get to that point. It was not magically sent down from heaven. We are all here to lose weight and get in the best shape of our lives. So of course the people with the most toned and sculpted bodies are praised the most. They look great and it's hard work!! There should be no relationship between the compliments that they get and the ones that others don't get. And I'm sorry but I don't think that they are all conceited. They are proud of the results that they got. If I had a hard-sexy body I wouldn't want to hide it either!! lol. I do admit that some go overboard but come on.. It's a fitness site!! Those people actually inspire me because they are human just like me and they are in their best shape. I know that one day I can get in shape too if I stay consistent. I won't look like anyone else but I will be the best me I can be! And those that seek attention probably still feel unattractive inside and seek empty outside validation. We have to get our validation from within. AND We don't have to put others down to feel better about ourselves. Peace and love peeps. <3
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Totally agree
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    Dedicated to all you ladies that are feeling neglected on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI2NyfV9N3g

Awwwww
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Those girls with flawless model sculpted bodies work very hard to get to that point. It was not magically sent down from heaven. We are all here to lose weight and get in the best shape of our lives. So of course the people with the most toned and sculpted bodies are praised the most. They look great and it's hard work!! There should be no relationship between the compliments that they get and the ones that others don't get. And I'm sorry but I don't think that they are all conceited. They are proud of the results that they got. If I had a hard-sexy body I wouldn't want to hide it either!! lol. I do admit that some go overboard but come on.. It's a fitness site!! Those people actually inspire me because they are human just like me and they are in their best shape. I know that one day I can get in shape too if I stay consistent. I won't look like anyone else but I will be the best me I can be! And those that seek attention probably still feel unattractive inside and seek empty outside validation. We have to get our validation from within. AND We don't have to put others down to feel better about ourselves. Peace and love peeps. <3

*round of applause*

How many of you hope to get to your goal weight and show off the body you worked so hard for?

I hope for your sakes you don't have to deal with people like these who think you're shallow and should get off the site just because of their own jealousy and insecurities.

That's right I said it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We do? I've seen some great bodies on this site because there are people who have worked really hard to get themselves toned, fit, and healthy. I've never once looked at a hot woman in a bikini pic and felt bad about myself because others are telling her she's hot. I think, "Good for her. She looks amazing". Don't rely on others to determine your self-esteem.

This.

Also, not everyone is going to be considered beautiful by a majority of people. It's just part of life. There's more to living and self-worth than being "the hottest person" in the room. That doesn't mean you can't look nice, dress well, and look your best. It's going to happen that others are going to look better than you do at some point in life. Get over it. Move on. Deal with it. Be a grown up. Don't bash others for being "hotter" or getting more attention than you especially if they've busted their butts to make it so.
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options

This.

Also, not everyone is going to be considered beautiful by a majority of people. It's just part of life. There's more to living and self-worth than being "the hottest person" in the room. That doesn't mean you can't look nice, dress well, and look your best. It's going to happen that others are going to look better than you do at some point in life. Get over it. Move on. Deal with it. Be a grown up. Don't bash others for being "hotter" or getting more attention than you especially if they've busted their butts to make it so.

EXACTLY!!!
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    lol... love everyones post! Can't wait for the mankini pics.

to the OP you are hot, especially since you have a sense of humor... love it!
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    In all honesty, those pictures keep me going. I see people who have reached there goals and it inspires me to keep working towards mine. But the compliments wouldn't hurt either. :blushing: Thanks for all the laughs.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

*round of applause*

How many of you hope to get to your goal weight and show off the body you worked so hard for?

I hope for your sakes you don't have to deal with people like these who think you're shallow and should get off the site just because of their own jealousy and insecurities.

That's right I said it.

We're not saying they have to get off the site. I feel like I'm overlooked because I don't measure up (and probably never will measure up) to the beautiful people on the site. Even when I get to my goal weight, I probably won't be hot enough for a bikini or toned enough to really turn heads. I don't need a throng of fans, just an occasional "you look nice" will go far. :)
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    In all honesty, those pictures keep me going. I see people who have reached there goals and it inspires me to keep working towards mine. But the compliments wouldn't hurt either. :blushing: Thanks for all the laughs.

^^^^ this a 100%