tell me I am hot..???!!! WTF?

Options

Replies

• VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    We're not saying they have to get off the site. I feel like I'm overlooked because I don't measure up (and probably never will measure up) to the beautiful people on the site. Even when I get to my goal weight, I probably won't be hot enough for a bikini or toned enough to really turn heads. I don't need a throng of fans, just an occasional "you look nice" will go far. :)

There is absolutely no reason you can't get bikini sexy and confident. It might be something you're not setting a goal to accomplish, and that's fine, but don't say you "can't" do it. You most certainly can.

Furthermore, your sense of self-worth should not depend on how many strangers on the internet think you're "hot."
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Those girls with flawless model sculpted bodies work very hard to get to that point. It was not magically sent down from heaven. We are all here to lose weight and get in the best shape of our lives. So of course the people with the most toned and sculpted bodies are praised the most. They look great and it's hard work!! There should be no relationship between the compliments that they get and the ones that others don't get. And I'm sorry but I don't think that they are all conceited. They are proud of the results that they got. If I had a hard-sexy body I wouldn't want to hide it either!! lol. I do admit that some go overboard but come on.. It's a fitness site!! Those people actually inspire me because they are human just like me and they are in their best shape. I know that one day I can get in shape too if I stay consistent. I won't look like anyone else but I will be the best me I can be! And those that seek attention probably still feel unattractive inside and seek empty outside validation. We have to get our validation from within. AND We don't have to put others down to feel better about ourselves. Peace and love peeps. <3

*round of applause*

How many of you hope to get to your goal weight and show off the body you worked so hard for?

I hope for your sakes you don't have to deal with people like these who think you're shallow and should get off the site just because of their own jealousy and insecurities.

That's right I said it.

We're not saying they have to get off the site. I feel like I'm overlooked because I don't measure up (and probably never will measure up) to the beautiful people on the site. Even when I get to my goal weight, I probably won't be hot enough for a bikini or toned enough to really turn heads. I don't need a throng of fans, just an occasional "you look nice" will go far. :)

I think your profile pic is very pretty! nice glasses too.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    There was a popular series for awhile over the summer--fat women in bikinis. All women were welcome to post, but the point of the series was so to appreciate all body types. I don't read the "hot" threads usually, but I love some of the profile pictures or pictures that get posted in threads where someone is in great shape. It's not a sexual or attraction deal, it's admiration and inspiration. There are some seriously beautiful bodies on this site--you can see the work that went into the picture being posted.

I also agree with the different standards of beauty comment that someone made. Some people's ideals are different than mine. Some people find the "hot bodies" on this site to be unattractive for one reason or another.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

We're not saying they have to get off the site.

Really? Because I read:
    its just for the bikini clad photo ladies and gents! So instead of WOW you are HOT, I say SCRAM!!! Make room for the rest of us beauties that don't meet your standards!

I don't know what you think SCRAM!!! means but...
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options

There is absolutely no reason you can't get bikini sexy and confident. It might be something you're not setting a goal to accomplish, and that's fine, but don't say you "can't" do it. You most certainly can.

Furthermore, your sense of self-worth should not depend on how many strangers on the internet think you're "hot."

Well since I have 0 support from my family and I only see my friends on Facebook, the internet is really the only place to find support for me on the days my bf isn't here. I pretty much have no self-worth, I haven't earned it. I'll only have self-worth once I am worth something. Once I'm able to move out of the house and get a real job that actually uses my degree.
  • Erisad
    Options

Really? Because I read:
    its just for the bikini clad photo ladies and gents! So instead of WOW you are HOT, I say SCRAM!!! Make room for the rest of us beauties that don't meet your standards!

I thought she meant out of this thread specifically. I'm also tired from a 10 hour shift at the warehouse so my reading and comprehension is down a little I'm afraid. >.>
  • Erisad
    Options
    Those girls with flawless model sculpted bodies work very hard to get to that point. It was not magically sent down from heaven. We are all here to lose weight and get in the best shape of our lives. So of course the people with the most toned and sculpted bodies are praised the most. They look great and it's hard work!! There should be no relationship between the compliments that they get and the ones that others don't get. And I'm sorry but I don't think that they are all conceited. They are proud of the results that they got. If I had a hard-sexy body I wouldn't want to hide it either!! lol. I do admit that some go overboard but come on.. It's a fitness site!! Those people actually inspire me because they are human just like me and they are in their best shape. I know that one day I can get in shape too if I stay consistent. I won't look like anyone else but I will be the best me I can be! And those that seek attention probably still feel unattractive inside and seek empty outside validation. We have to get our validation from within. AND We don't have to put others down to feel better about ourselves. Peace and love peeps. <3

*round of applause*

How many of you hope to get to your goal weight and show off the body you worked so hard for?

I hope for your sakes you don't have to deal with people like these who think you're shallow and should get off the site just because of their own jealousy and insecurities.

That's right I said it.

I think your profile pic is very pretty! nice glasses too.

Thanks. I like my glasses. :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Well since I have 0 support from my family and I only see my friends on Facebook, the internet is really the only place to find support for me on the days my bf isn't here. I pretty much have no self-worth, I haven't earned it. I'll only have self-worth once I am worth something. Once I'm able to move out of the house and get a real job that actually uses my degree.

You're a human being, and I'm sure you're a lovely person with numerous good qualities. You are valuable and worthwhile. It's up to you to find that within yourself though. No matter how "hot" you get, that lack of self-worth will not improve until you believe in yourself.
  • Yieya
    Options

Really? Because I read:

Brett calm down... most people on this thread are just being light hearted and silly... don't get so worked up.:tongue:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

I understand that. I was there. I was fat my entire life before MFP. I had no support BUT MFP. But I worked at it, stuck with it, and got in pretty great shape.

Imagine how you'll feel when you get there.

Now imagine people on that site telling you to SCRAM!! for doing it.

Yeah, it kind of sucks. I hope you don't have it happen to you.

OK just wanted to get my point across, yinz have fun. And Kez honey you are wicked cute!
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

Really? Because I read:

I def. don't think they need to "scram". Who would inspire me? I thought it was kind of a joke whem OP said it, but maybe i'm wrong.

Am i jealous? Yeah. (In an admiring way, not hateful.) Low self esteem? Oh yeah. But, we are ALL working toward the same thing: fitness. We ALL can be proud of that. I'm thankful that so many people are here, giving advice, being an inspiration. I need to work on my self image, and part of that is trying to follow the example of all the hotties :)
  • Erisad
    Options

You're a human being, and I'm sure you're a lovely person with numerous good qualities. You are valuable and worthwhile. It's up to you to find that within yourself though. No matter how "hot" you get, that lack of self-worth will not improve until you believe in yourself.

Well if I'm prettier, it'll make it easier to fake it until I believe it for real. :)
  • Erisad
    Options

I understand that. I was there. I was fat my entire life before MFP. I had no support BUT MFP. But I worked at it, stuck with it, and got in pretty great shape.

OK just wanted to get my point across, yinz have fun. And Kez honey you are wicked cute!

I think she was kidding when she said scram. >.>

OKay, have fun. :)
  • Yieya
    Options

aww thanks! I think it's awesome you have met your goal! Can't wait to meet mine and wear a bikini! or maybe a really cute one piece....:laugh:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    almost every woman i've ever seen on mfp is hot. Hot isn't just about looks its about that work ethic, determination, traits, personality and everything else that makes up..you. You are hot...damn hot if you ask me
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Give me a break! Not everyone is "hot"!! If you want to say everyone has value, everyone has beauty of some kind, or everyone should feel good about themselves then fine. But, I've seen plenty of people here (including myself) that I would not call hot. And why isn't that ok?
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Give me a break! Not everyone is "hot"!! If you want to say everyone has value, everyone has beauty of some kind, or everyone should feel good about themselves then fine. But, I've seen plenty of people here (including myself) that I would not call hot. And why isn't that ok?

thats all well and fine, however I did say almost and maybe your and my definition of hot is different. Just look at what you wrote, those things I do consider hot making a person..ummm...hot so before you come in guns a blazing with this give me a break stuff maybe you should realize that you just said all those things you would not call hot...but you see..I would
  • dawLs
    dawLs Posts: 84
    Options
    Awww man, I have a bikini on in my profile pic and no one has ever said on here that I look hot! Maybe I need to put my clothes back on!!!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

IA - but I don't mind looking at all the actually hot people. It's amusing :)
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    thats all well and fine, however I did say almost and maybe your and my definition of hot is different. Just look at what you wrote, those things I do consider hot making a person..ummm...hot so before you come in guns a blazing with this give me a break stuff maybe you should realize that you just said all those things you would not call hot...but you see..I would
    I guess you are assuming I was speaking to you. I'm speaking in general in response to this thread.