tall ladies - what's your goal weight and/or size?

Replies

• I'm 5'10 and also a large frame. At my highest weight I was 290 lbs. I am currently 255 and wear between a 16 or 18. My goal is 215 lbs and that was suggested by my doctor. I think I would be in a size 12 or 14 at that weight.

About five years ago, I was down to 188 lbs and that was my lowest. It was so hard to maintain that weight. I did maintain 215 lb for a year before gaining all the weight back gradually. But I'm back into good habits and hope to lose again.

A question: My recommended Calories is 1930 by MFP that seems high to lose 1 lb a week. Is it because I'm taller?
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    OK my turn.........

6'2"

Current weight - 272

Would like to get to 199 (just to see onederland again)-- but have a goal set at 220.

I am large framed (have a 7 1/4" wrist) --- but have narrow hips.

If I knew how to add a pic I would........

ETA: and no, sorry - 5'6" is not "tall" :smile:

ETA2: see if I can get this pic in here - this was me at about 282 -- I know it looks like I have some big 'ol hips - but I really don't - it's just fat. LOL

Wow, you are TALL! Amazing job on your weight loss so far, you look great!

THANK you!! :happy:
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member

A question: My recommended Calories is 1930 by MFP that seems high to lose 1 lb a week. Is it because I'm taller?

I don't ever go off MFP calorie recommendations, it's so generalized for a large mass of individuals and doesn't take into factor SO MANY different variables.

Look at your losses, factor in your exercise calories and whether you aim to eat them back or not, and adjust from there. IMO :smile:

• A question: My recommended Calories is 1930 by MFP that seems high to lose 1 lb a week. Is it because I'm taller?

I don't ever go off MFP calorie recommendations, it's so generalized for a large mass of individuals and doesn't take into factor SO MANY different variables.

Look at your losses, factor in your exercise calories and whether you aim to eat them back or not, and adjust from there. IMO :smile:

Thanks!
  • seegood
    seegood Posts: 2 Member
    I am just a hair under 6 feet. I am curently my heaviest, and hover between 175-179. I would like to ideally get down to 150lbs again, but realistically, i will be happy at 160. I am not overly concerned about the scale weight, more focused on how I look and feel, and how clothes fit.
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Im 5'9" and my goal has always been 150. Im currently at 164. After reading these posts, maybe adjusting my goal to 140. But really just want to focus on toning and firming up.
  • tracypk
    tracypk Posts: 233 Member
    5'8.5" I got down to 138 and I looked sickly. So I'm shooting for 145. Size 8 pants. I have long arms and wide shoulders so I will probably always wear a large shirt size. I'm mostly concerned with feeling comfortable and wearing MY clothes. That probably means toning a bit but I'm not looking to be bikini ready, just comfortable.
  • keaka90
    keaka90 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 6ft and my current goal is 195 I think...eventually I'd like to be in the low 180s to try on a "normal" bmi!
  • 5'10" with large rib cage but small everything else - go figure my retarded skeletal structure.

I'd like to get from 24% BF to 18-20% and for vanitys sake weight below 150, but not critical. If I can do that supposedly I should fit an AU 8-10 at most.
    I'm an apple shape with no butt so when I get to the point that I go in at the end of my ribs and out at the hips I shall be happy. Having all my excess weight sitting above where my pants go/ stopping me from buying any highwaisted anything, expecially as it seems pants are not made for the taller, non hipped lady, is so not awesome.

Thank god for poofy skirted dresses or I don't think I'd ever feel pretty.
  • Brandiwine118
    Brandiwine118 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm 5'10, large frame- started at 283lbs in a size 24. I'm currently 209 in a size 14. My goal was 200lbs in a size 12, because i dont want to look too thin. However, i'm thinking i need to set a new goal for myself after reading all the other post from people.
  • I'm a 5'9", big-boned gal. My doctor and my trainer (independent of each other) have set my goal weight at 175. That should put me at around a size 12.
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    hey, I am "only" 5'9, but with a small frame, so my goal weight is about 125-127 pounds (CW about 132)
  • heya all, yey found a group for tall ladies :)
    i am 6ft tall, start weight when joined weight watchers was 160lbs current weight 147lbs am trying to maintain right now,
    my goal for weight watchers was 150lbs but i accidently lost an additional 3lbs in forst week of maintaining so am happy at 147 and would like to stay around here x

• A question: My recommended Calories is 1930 by MFP that seems high to lose 1 lb a week. Is it because I'm taller?

hi there this does sound a lot of calories, i am 6ft and set to maintain at sedentary my intake is 1890 when i was losing i was having about 1500 a day and lost steady xx
  • LouiseVictoriaXX
    LouiseVictoriaXX Posts: 3 Member
    Hey, there's actually so many more taller girls on here than I thought!
    I'm 5ft10.5 and 158 and my goal is 140 - always used to be 140 a couple of years ago and then I gave up dancing to focus on my exams etc. and got lazy and the weight slowly crept on.
    Best of luck everyone, you're all amazing! X:tongue:
  • Hi i am 5ft 7.5" and weighed in at 154Lb's when i started just over 2 weeks ago and i would like to get down to a toned 140lb's... Currently doing 4 Cardio Classes a week to help...

Best of luck everyone...
  • I'm 5ft 10 and weigh 160lbs right now down from 284lbs but my goal weight is 150lbs and im a uk size 12. I'm a normal bmi but not quite happy with my shape i'm still a little lower half heavy
  • logdunne
    logdunne Posts: 132 Member
    5ft9- goal currently at 168, 5lb off at the mo, started at 220.
    once i hit 168 i am going to up my calories to what maintenance would be for somone of 150lb and see what else comes off :-) That way I get practice at maintenance!
    I have a large frame- 6.5inch wrist and broad shoulders (dammit!)- that said, i also used to wear manly size 9's on my feet and they have dropped to 6's after loosing weight!
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    I'm 155, 5'11, want to get to 140ish (maybe less, I have a very small frame)
    my main goal is to be as fit as I can possibly be!
  • I'm also 5 foot 11 and currently am 282; would like to get down to 200 and see if it's manageable :)