Things A Chivalrous Man Shouldn't Let a Woman Do

Options

Replies

• michelledanny
    michelledanny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG - you sound just like my boyfriend! I know chivalry is not dead! He totally opens car doors for me, i have to walk on a certain side of him with traffic - all those things! I love it!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A2M?

Bingo.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    to me a chivalrous man is a man who lets a woman be a human being. It shouldn't matter of gender. We ALL should be awesome to each other.

I do open doors for women, but I do the same for men.
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    sit the closest to the door...
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Leave an empty milk carton in the fridge.

................that's all I've got.
    But that's how I know to get more...

Lol!
  • jaciofthedead
    Options
    I grew up with my sisters and a single mom. I kind of don't expect anything from a guy...I'm an "I can do things for myself" kind of girl. But when my husband holds the door, opens the car door, carries in the groceries, etc.. I really appreciate it and he knows it.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Your mama taught you well my dear!
  • charlybu
    charlybu Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Good man! Keep chivalry alive!
  • njitalian
    Options
    Hire a maid so she don't have to clean.. wait I do that so I don't have to clean LOL
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Chivalry is not dead, at least I hope not. I continue to believe there are things a man should do for a woman. While I can think of many I'm only going to list my top 5 in no particular order:

*Pump her gas/ keep car serviced
    *Walk on the outside on the street (keep her inside from street)
    *Open doors and always let her enter first (including opening/ closing car door)
    *Pick up tab for first date (can't stand a cheap ninja)
    *Fail to get off (no explanation needed. handle ya biz fellas)

:happy: Me Gusta!
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    But i like doing those things for my boyfriend.. it's not so much chivalry but actually caring about the other person and being considerate.

This.

Also, anybody who approaches this with the attitude of not letting her do things gets on my nerves very quickly. It is not a race to the door; I am a grown woman and perfectly capable of opening the door myself. If I get there first, I will hold it open for you because that is common courtesy.
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Let her do everything herself. Gotta make her feel equal its the politically correct thing to do.

this made me laugh
  • ladyonaquest
    ladyonaquest Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I grew up with my sisters and a single mom. I kind of don't expect anything from a guy...I'm an "I can do things for myself" kind of girl. But when my husband holds the door, opens the car door, carries in the groceries, etc.. I really appreciate it and he knows it.

^^
    Me!!! I have had to learn over the course of our marriage to give a little...LOL!!
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    Holy white knights.

I feel sick this is just pathetic.
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So I saw thid guy and he didn't open his womans car door....I about had a conniption...I was like WTF r u doing?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Def not how u get some later.....smh
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Let her do everything herself. Gotta make her feel equal its the politically correct thing to do.

Yeah, I don't know where they keep getting this equality thing from since they can only seem to make 75% of what a man makes.

:wink: *waits for hellish backlash*
  • PattieCakes23
    Options

This is me. Single mom and me!
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I can pump my own gas you chauvinist pig!!!

(too much?)
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    let her towel off first
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    A2M?

:drinker: