• DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't make her piss out the campfire
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a joke:

A man comments to his wife that he just got his Olympic condoms in the mail and that he feels like wearing "gold" that night. His wife answers, "Can't you wear silver and finish second for a change???"

OK, that's all I got.

LMAO!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    A2M?

Bingo.
    Wait, is it chivalrous to do it, or not to do it? I need a ruling on the field for A2M.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A2M?

if this is what i think it is ew.
  • ubuntufav
    Options
    Times have changed and women are different now. Many women are independent and do not need a man for things. Many women do like a Chivalrous man and have a list of things a man must be and do but keep in mind, it goes both ways. Then there are many won't even date a guy who is Chivalrous cause they find them boring or needy. I also know many guys who are Chivalrous in the beginning just to get in her pants. In my opinion, it's just better to be yourself, spontaneous, fun, honest, communicate, respectful, romantic when the time calls, consistent, genuine, and thoughtful and hope it is returned.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A2M?

Bingo.
    Wait, is it chivalrous to do it, or not to do it? I need a ruling on the field for A2M.

I was confused by this a little too. I was kinda thinking, based on my understanding of chivalry, that a rubber appendage must be involved.
  • BethanyTL
    Options
    I love my husband, don't get me wrong...but one of the biggest pet peeves I have is the fact that the man never, and I mean never, pumps gas. I will get into the car and it is nearly always on "E". Yesterday, in a hurry to get to my hearing, I leapt into his car (because it was two hours away and his car gets better gas mileage). On "E." Never fails.

*Put the seat down--or wipe the seat, never happens. Thankfully we have three bathrooms and he usually uses the same one, so I just avoid that one.

*Open the car door? Not on your life. I'm lucky if he remembers to unlock the door after getting in. :)

In the grand scheme of things, though, he does so much, so well, that these are really minor issues. My first husband did all of the nice things, but it was all flash, no substance. When things got tough, he fell apart. Give me the real thing, not the veneer. In a crisis, my guy would be the first person I trusted, without any hesitation.

This^
    The chivilry things are very nice, but not everything, he def has some of them down, but there are a few I drop little hints towards from time to time :)
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a joke:

A man comments to his wife that he just got his Olympic condoms in the mail and that he feels like wearing "gold" that night. His wife answers, "Can't you wear silver and finish second for a change???"

OK, that's all I got.

:laugh:
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    A2M?

Yep, that's the one.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I love a man with manners, treat a female like a lady and it will come back tenfold!

This statement will probably not go down well with some of the girlies on the site, but, I will state it anyways!

Men are the protectors, the stronger species physically, not emotionally or mentally, that is debatable. But females will always be under physical par.

So why not let the men around you pander to your femininity??? You are special, let them make you feel special and care for you???
    Exactly! You're one smart cookie! "it will come back tenfold"
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Let her do everything herself. Gotta make her feel equal its the politically correct thing to do.

If I didn't know you were joking I would call you a jerk.
  • rbear713
    rbear713 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Chivalry is not dead, at least I hope not. I continue to believe there are things a man should do for a woman. While I can think of many I'm only going to list my top 5 in no particular order:

*Pump her gas/ keep car serviced
    *Walk on the outside on the street (keep her inside from street)
    *Open doors and always let her enter first (including opening/ closing car door)
    *Pick up tab for first date (can't stand a cheap ninja)
    *Fail to get off (no explanation needed. handle ya biz fellas or someone else will.)

All of this brother - you pretty much know me by now, but here's a few of mine -

- take out the trash
    - mow the lawn
    - yardwork/carpentry/plumbing, etc.
    - lift heavy she it
    - sweat at all ifn its not all over me...or the sheets
    - clean up anything nasty
    - drive (unless im drunk or exhausted)
    - fix the car in any way/shape/form...

there's more, but we got it mostly covered now.....
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I keep my own vehicle serviced, but my guy takes care of everything else on the list...

AND when I'm feeling clingy, he lets me snuggle into him - no matter where we are.
    AND when I'm feeling insecure, he logically talks me out of my Insantiy. Thank goodness for that!

Better than all that? I feel free and comfortable with him, and support each other's goals.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A2M?

Yep, that's the one.

lol
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to react to guys who try to do these sorts of things for me. It's thoughtful, but it makes me uncomfortable to be treated differently because I'm female.
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Modern etiquette actually says that whomever reaches the door first opens it, there's really nothing wrong with a women hands that they can't open doors.

I guess the OP just shows there are different types of people. Some men and women, live by those rules. For me personally I'd get creeped out and very annoyed by not being allowed to be a full person.

*Pump her gas/ keep car serviced
    I have no idea why my husband would have to keep my car serviced or pump gas. What exactly about these things can I not do? I can keep a hairdressers appointment every so often, I can change a lightbulb, I'm sure I can find the garage.

*Walk on the outside on the street (keep her inside from street)
    I've never even heard of having to walk on the outside of the street. Wouldn't know why I would want anyone to do that for me?

*Open doors and always let her enter first (including opening/ closing car door)
    I can open doors for myself, I actually do this most of the day when you're not near me, I don't suddenly have a disability if you're near.

*Pick up tab for first date (can't stand a cheap ninja)
    I will pay half of our first dinner thank you very much. Lets not start out by either of us being in debt to the other.

*Fail to get off (no explanation needed. handle ya biz fellas)
    Well, actually that's a lot less important for women than man, shouldn't happen every time of course, but there's nothing wrong with it occasionally. Much better than the stress of always having to perform (or fake.... )

This!! I don't understand the walking on the outside of the street?
    Is that something to do with the old thing about how they used to pour buckets of pee out of the window? Or dirty water... I think I didn't pay much attention to that part of History in school lol.
    And I just feel awkward when someone tries to pay for me... um, no, I have my own money, I can do it lol.
    And anyone who reaches the door first should hold it open, no matter if they're male or female :)
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Not every woman thinks that having a man do this for her ....is being controlling or telling her she doesnt know how to do this. To me a man that knows how to treat a woman is very much appreciated. I love it when a man will do things to let her know that he is thinking of her and wanting to actually be sweet. Open my door...pump my gas... I can guarantee it will make me smile and want to be pleasing back. Something like this will put me in a good mood for the rest of the day, lol
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A2M?

With a name like belladonna you say, "ew?" I find that ironic.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Very nice list!
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My daughter was watching a teen girl show with two very different sisters in it.

Sister one asked, "Ever hear of feminism?"
    Sister two responded, "Isn't that what wrecked romance?"