5"0' Ladies Please Show Share Your Success

Options

Replies

• MissPreciosa
    MissPreciosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I have lost 13 pounds since joining MFP on 9/11/12 (i'm somewhat of a newbie). I don't have any pictures to share but my profile pic was taken of me today. I have an open food diary so feel free to send me a friend request.

BTW...You all look AMAZING!! Keep up the good work!
  • twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am at 143 after having gained weight from 136 on week ago :( I learned that for us short people with stubby legs lol, we need to do more cardio like WALKING not RUNNING. We tend to get shin splints easier as well as hip injuries attempting to run and keep up with our taller counterparts. If you are able to AWESOME but I work as a medic in a hospital (almost the equivalent of a nurse, military wise) and have seen these injuries as well as many others. BUT we also need to tone up our arm and leg muscles a bit before taking on extensive workouts since we tend to have more fat carried in those spots as well as our wonderful derrieres which in turn tires us out WAY quicker causing us to not benefit from a good workout because it's cut short :) Unfortunately alot of fitness guidelines and plans are not really geared towards us short statured individuals so we have to alter things a bit to suit our fitness and weight loss goals!
  • nursenae1
    nursenae1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do u eat all ur calories?? How about net ones earned fm exercise?? R those meant o be eaten?? Or to maintain??
  • twinkle941980
    twinkle941980 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For me, I just eat and burn more than I eat. I don't really count the calories honestly, I just push myself in the gym plus I go to the gym twice a day five times a week so I can only really speak for my self. But I know with the Insanity and P90x it doesn't matter your caloric intake (unless you just keep stuffing your face) because you burn well in excess of what is necessary. This can maintain the weight but add more muscle cause you know after a point you stop losing "weight" and start gaining muscle at that plateau then from that point it's all about maintaining your shape (or bulking up should you choose) and continuing to eat healthy which is the main key. Portion control and what you eat pretty much dictate whether you will lose or gain and what your physique will look like no matter what exercise you do(although I am partial to interval training and weight lifting).
  • bebutlittle
    Options
    Hey, girls! I'm 4'11.5" and started using My Fitness Pal last May when I graduated from college. My starting weight was 134 pounds and now I'm down to 119.5 pounds (a.k.a. how much I weighed as a freshman!). My goal weight is 110 pounds (my driver's license weight), though I'd like to be around 105 pounds. I plateaued around 128 pounds during the summer because I wasn't used to my 8-5 cubicle job, but I began taking Zumba classes 2-3 times a week and dancing ballet twice a week in August and have lost almost 10 pounds since then.

I'm super excited about my weight loss but a little shy about telling people. A couple of weeks ago, though, I noticed that my fingers look smaller--crazy, right? My size 2 clothes fit nicely again, and I have to wear a belt with most of my pants. I'd love to wear a really pretty dress I bought from Anthropologie 5 years ago for Christmas. It's a size 0 and never really fit me in the first place, but that's my goal! I think I'm going to make it! Y'all are such an inspiration. Keep at it!

Edit: You can see before and after photos on my profile. I don't have any full body shots, but I do have a couple of Instagram photos of my face. I think you can really see the definition in my current profile picture (October 2012) compared to my other photo (February 2012).

23218442.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    bump for later ;)

everyone is so inspirational!!
  • zeegee2
    zeegee2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • bubbleskiwi
    bubbleskiwi Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump
  • starrynigh8
    starrynigh8 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kitty7878
    Options
    I am 4'11!!! Congrats on all the transformations! Inspirational!! WOW!!
  • 1elena
    1elena Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dollhousedolly
    dollhousedolly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    5'1
    Great to see progress! This is my third week with mfp, and I hope to see results in a few months :)
  • jmosery
    jmosery Posts: 10
    Options
    bump

how is everyone doing? i'm at 140 and want to go to 110 but for some reason its not coming off as easily as I thought it would. thinking of lowering my calories and staying around 1000-1200 with exercise instead of 1200-1400 that i'm doing now
  • judipearl
    judipearl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 4'11-1/2 according to the doctor!! I signed in at 197 and just started this week. You are a real inspiration to me and thank you so much for posting!! I will be using your tips and hopefully will have good results too! Judi
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    bump

how is everyone doing? i'm at 140 and want to go to 110 but for some reason its not coming off as easily as I thought it would. thinking of lowering my calories and staying around 1000-1200 with exercise instead of 1200-1400 that i'm doing now

Are you saying your net would be between 1000-1200? I would definitely not go lower than that. Weight loss is slow.. so be patient. How long have you done it? I didn't lose for about 4 weeks when I first started. I had my calories set at 1330 and exercised. I bumped to over 1600 and started losing.

I have lost almost 20 pounds with a goal of 1550-1650 per day. I exercise 5 times a week and eat back the calories at least twice a week.
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5ft 1/2 inch starting weight was 236 current weight 159. I'm up 5 pounds from the holidays but not stressing it, I've made it this far and I'm not about to quit. My pictures are in my profile if you'd like to take a look.
  • Queen8shaq
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    bump
  • 1roseKATgb
    1roseKATgb Posts: 11
    Options
    So I'm back to 143. :( I stopped working out temporarily, but I'm back to it. I gained 10 lbs back due:embarassed: to emotional eating issues, which I have resolved but I know I will always be an emotional eater/binge eater. I'm using Hip Hop Abs, which I love,especially since I've lost an inch around my waist in the first 6 days! I also do resistance training using therapy bands,resistance bands and bodyweight,as well as free weights (when I was in the gym- I work out at home now.) This whole calorie thing has me really confused since I also have an underactive thyroid and an extremely slow metabolism : / To be honest I do want to lose this weight quickly( I was actually 160 2 years ago) but safely. Somehow I have to figure out how to jumpstat my metabolism and get the rest of this weight off! I would appreciate any help you ladies can give. I'm also 56 so I need all of the helpI can get! I want to start competing in Masters' Figure 45+ next year. (GW is 100-103). Thanks ladies!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!