Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    This may not make sense, but I miss feeling the way I look. When I was fat, I felt fat. Now that i'm thinner, I still feel fat. I've been around my goal for almost a year, and I still feel fat which is frustrating.

My advice would be to try to see yourself the way you are everyday. That way when you do reach your goal, you don't feel like youre still fat. I've had a really hard time adjusting and it's led to some not-so-good habits as of late. Thankfully I'm doing better with those issues, but it's something I wish I had been warned about!

Hopefully that made sense...
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    awwwwwwwww my boobs! now I have 2 deflated "tube socks" hahaha. the bones sticking out, sagging skin too! I look good with clothes on.. ;)))) Big ol' hot mess! But I am a skinny ***** now.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Being a comfortable body temp (I'm freezing all the time now), filling out my skin (and yes, I DO lift!), and most importantly, my boobs!
  • chanixxx
    Options
    my clothes, I have none that fit properly right now. not even the new ones :(
  • cherlea33
    cherlea33 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    God no. Absolutely nothing.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:

This! I am freezing already. I cannot imagine how cold I will be when I reach my goal. Doesn't matter, though. I still want to get there. I'll be able to buy cute sweaters in little sizes! :wink:
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Im actually at the opposite end as many/most are on here....as short as just 5 years ago and pretty much all my life, I was in peak physical conditioning...then life happened and poof, im now 50 pounds over weight and have yet to experience the loss of weight like some have and finding out anything that I miss about being fat. So for me, my response is that I miss being able to run for miles and being able to eat anything I want and it just turns into more calories to fuel my muscle mass. I know its not the same and your prolly thinking " poor lil ole Troy " lol. but the psychology is the same. Good luck to you all on your quest for health and fitness.
  • DayoUDaShit
    DayoUDaShit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever i wanted, not caring about its negative effects on my body.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    my boobs

yep. :happy: and pizza.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Honestly, being invisible. I liked being able to slip by unnoticed, doing as a I please. Now it's a bit more difficult for me to do that, sometimes I garner attention.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    my boobs

This. Times a million.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Nuthin :laugh:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I don't miss much. Yeah, my *kitten* and boobs are smaller but they look/feel better to me now.

I DO miss a few really cute outfits I can't wear anymore. Other than that, nothing.

Can you get them tailored?
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    I think part of of me will miss eating without caring about the nutritional content. When you are naive about it, there is no guilt to eating it. Now that I know and log everything, I am over cautious now and actually feel guilty for anything not healthy. And when I do, I'm hard on myself. But I tell myself "you can eat cake d*****, just budget your calories and move your butt to earn it!" Then the results of this technique are rewarding and you can still eat "sinful" treats and still feel human. Some things are not worth living without and chocolate is one of them :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I think I looked better with a little bit fuller face, but I shouldn't complain. I sure don't want it back!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    eating whatever....but hey dont we all:ohwell:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    my boobs

yep. :happy: and pizza.

:noway:
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Pizza, beer, wings and fried chicken
  • livingdeadbuddha
    livingdeadbuddha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing I really miss is that I feel cold quite a bit more frequently now, but it's not too bad, since my body will produce heat at a moment's notice if I start moving (the benefits of moving a lot more I guess!).

Other than that, nothing. I love what I eat, I enjoy what I do, and I can't say I'd ever go back. But I will always, ALWAYS keep myself in check!