Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    my butt becusae the chairs are a lot harder now

Lol - I have the same problem with toliet seats. No cushioning anymore.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    T & A.... seriously.

Other than that...I miss eating like a cow everyday. Fast food/restaurant quality food EVERY DAY. That stuff was good!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I miss always feeling full and satisfied. My face looked best about 30 lbs. ago even though I was still at an unhealthy body weight. Now at a healthy weight, my face looks too thin and bony. I've always been cold-natured, even when I was heavy, but now I'm freezing all the time. Other than that, being thin rocks! :smile:
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not quite at my goal weight/body fat/physique but so far no, nothing missed...

I still eat just as much, albeit healthier options coupled with regular exercise which I love and wish I never stopped and it's nice not getting out of breath when walking up a flight of stairs.

Still some way to go so maybe there will be something but so far, all positive :)
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    YES! There are some things I miss about being fat!

When I was chubby, it was a lot easier to read people's intentions. Now, when someone tells me I look good, they always mean well, but sometimes I feel objectified. I wish people would notice me for being smart or funny.

It saddens me that I get so much more attention when I weigh less. I'm still the same awesome person, no matter what shape I show up in.
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I think the only thing I could come close to missing is my ignorance.... maybe... it sounds pretty bad but I got fat and with that I let myself get treated like ****. I didn't even realise I was doing it for the most part until I started taking care of myself more and I started finding myself getting sick of how I was being treated. While I want to be happy and want only the best for me it is hard to keep positive when I'm seeing how much I am dragged down by my situation and now that I know better it is hard for me to watch others not care about themselves. Maybe I am just a ***** now... maybe not. I used to be ignorant and now I'm not and I think that is the only thing I would come close to missing even though I never want to be ignorant like that again, it's just because life seemed easier. I was of course extremely unhappy and let everyone walk all over me too.. I guess when I get used to standing up for myself it wont be an issue :)
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    I don't particularly miss it, but I'm still getting used to not doing it.

When laying down, I'd have a tendancy to clasp my hands over the bottom of my stomach. When I lay down now, it feels weird because my stomach has shrunk and continues to do so.
  • januarygal
    januarygal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    cheesecake and cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    so I've lost the most inches from my waist so far (4 inches) and that's great! I've lost 3 inches from my boobs though (not so great). Where I barely lose any weight from my hips and thighs pear shape ughghh
  • calichica35
    calichica35 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I miss my boobs and dessert.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd, but shaving my armpits was WAAAAAY easier before. Now, I still have an armpit groove when I lift my arm, and getting a razor at the right angle is a total pain in the *kitten*.

That probably isn't an issue for you though....

NO, I can honestly say it's not going to be an issue at all. :laugh:
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I had small boobs when I was fat too... never even got bigger when I got prego! But I miss nothing about that time. I like knowing that I'll be able to button my pants, buy a size that fits, and without stretch!!! (I lost 60lbs about 2 yrs ago.. on my journey for the last 20) Even my shoes fit better!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't feel like "me" anymore... I've been "fat" for 20 years, and "skinny" for less than one... my "normal" is completely gone and sometimes that is difficult. It is the little things that I sometimes miss... knowing exactly what styles looked good/didn't look good, knowing how much "space" I took up in a room, etc. I actually find that my sense of balance is a bit off (I frequently walk into things lol). But overall there is nothing specific that I miss, and certainly nothing that I miss enough to go back to how I was. I will get used to my new normal eventually.

Weight loss is subtle, its not like your stomach "table" will be gone tomorrow morning. It will go down so little that you won't even notice it at first (at least, that is how it was with me), you will adjust as you go.

That's one of the things that was I thinking about, what's going to be "normal" anymore? I've always been the fat kid, and I was used to doing things and saying things a certain way. I'm not the invisible person most of the time, but I can pull it off when I need/want to. I know that being fat, I'm in my comfort zone, I don't know anything else. I'm looking forward to a new comfort zone, I'm just curious to see if I'm going to miss anything.
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My boobs,
    My anonymity
    & Claim Jumper mother lode cake.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Will i miss the pain everyday... because im so big that my joints and back hurt Heckk noo to that question will i miss people ugly staress nooo i wont... I wont miss a single thing about being big no way no how.
  • glassbirdhouse
    Options
    I miss being able to do over-the-shoulder rolls during parkour on hard ground (I bruise up my shoulders and shoulderblades even on grass and dirt now). I miss being able to shop in the men's section for clothing and being able to take for granted that I'd find something that fit. I miss the unquestioning way people would let me load things into vehicles (whereas now, even though I'm still perfectly capable of lugging 50-80 lbs, people treat me like they expect me to snap - it's obnoxious and belittling).
  • jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I already kind of almost miss the naivete. Not knowing that the delicious danish is 500 calories. Not knowing what a healthy caloric intake is. Not knowing how much of a difference exists in burning calories between running and walking. I could be proud of myself for stuff that now I chastise myself for. Of course, I'm happy to know those things now because I'm on track to have the body I've always wanted... but I don't even want the danish anymore, and that makes me a little sad on premise.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted. Never cared to look at a nutrition label ever. Piled sugar into my mouth until I was sick. It was a lot of carefree fun for the first 30 years of my life. I had my fill, now it's time to be serious :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    This is going to sound stupid, but I miss being left alone. I miss being able to walk into a store and not get stared and winked at by guys. While I think it's sweet that guys step in and try to pick up my dog food bag and put it on the check out counter, I am capable and you're not getting my number just because you can lift a bag that I also have no problem lifting. this is probably the biggest reason I've been dragging my feet to lose the rest of my weight. I don't like the attention.
    I'd feel the exact same way if that happened to me once at my goal weight. I can't stand guys even looking me in the eye. ._.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    T & A.... seriously.

Other than that...I miss eating like a cow everyday. Fast food/restaurant quality food EVERY DAY. That stuff was good!

I miss the way fast food tastes, but I've found that I feel like absolute garbage if I eat a big greasy meal like I used to do twice every day, like I've been shot in the butt with a tranq dart.

I had definitely adapted to eat that stuff every day, and now if I go back and overindulge I feel so disgusting afterward that it just reinforces why I don't want to do that anymore. Sometimes I do it anyway, but I always feel lousy afterward, physically.

I do miss the way my old diet used to "grease the skids", so to speak. Wheat and fruit and veggies do not work the same for me as good ol' greazy food used to.