Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Not really. If I had to name one thing, it would be finding my size in clothes. I am an 8 now leaning towards a six. I can find Jeans, fitted shirts and skirts, not so much. Was pretty easy to find 12'a and 14's.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I think I looked better with a little bit fuller face, but I shouldn't complain. I sure don't want it back!

you are stunning now.
  • livingdeadbuddha
    livingdeadbuddha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh, Okay. You're right. I totally miss my boobs.
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    I don´t know if I would miss anything. I am not there yet but thinking about it is weird.
    I have always been at least a bit chubby. That´s me. I identify myself as fat. nothing more but too chubby. what will I be when I am not even this anymore?

I think I definitely would miss the lonelyness. it seems like the smaller you get, the more people see you (weird).
    And I am still not so sure if I know how to handle this situation, how to treat those people that would not like me if I still was bigger. I mean, I did not change, I only lost weight.
  • andreamkelly
    Options
    Eating junk food.. Lol.

This....^^^^
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Pizza, beer, wings and fried chicken

What?! Ok, you get one, too! :noway:

And thank you for the compliment. You're very sweet. :heart:
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Honestly, being invisible. I liked being able to slip by unnoticed, doing as a I please. Now it's a bit more difficult for me to do that, sometimes I garner attention.

This. I'm pretty self-sufficient and like to fly under the radar. That's more difficult now.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:

OMG me too. I'm freaking freezing
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    not a damn thing.
  • ImmortalDancer
    Options
    I definitely miss having a bigger chest and being able to wear all the clothes in my closet that I will always adore, but look huge on me now that I'm losing (and continuing to lose) weight.
    I also kind of miss not getting all this "negative" sexual attention from people. I'm a sexual person, but some days, it's just like, "Enough already!!". I'm taken and I try very hard to make sure people know that, before I continue to let them try and hit on me. But the "negative" sexual attention bothers me. :/
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    NO
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nope, not one thing! Ever!
    When your belly is gone, you'll learn you have a lap to put that plate on!
  • joannmdunn
    Options
    NOT a thing
  • livingdeadbuddha
    Options
    I miss being my own heat source! I'm cold all the time now! :laugh:

OMG me too. I'm freaking freezing

I'm so happy knitting and crocheting are my hobbies. . . .
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    My face. Not used to it, don't like looking at it. I think it looked best about 35 pounds ago.

That is interesting but true. most people do look better in the face when it is fuller, especially as we age. It's almost a Catch 22...face or body, choose Health every time!

NO, there is NOTHING I miss about being FAT! Even the food I ate and the quantities, the thought makes Me sick now...the bloated feeling, the super fullness and not being able to DO anything after a meal except watch TV or lay down (usually both), the empty/numb emotions after eating...NOPE, NOTHING I Miss!!!
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well, I absolutely do NOT miss my boobs. They have been too big my whole life and I look forward to being at goal weight and having what's left reduced down (reshaped via surgery if necessary) to a nice handful. Like a B cup, and I would be so happy.

I answered this same question in another post and my answer remains the same. I miss being invisible. Strangers talk to me now. All the time. Even when I don't want them to. Before, when I was fat, I was positive there really was no think as fat-people prejudice, I thought people were making it up or exaggerating because I had never experienced it. Now that I am more "normal" sized, I see that maybe I really have experienced it. I thought all people were that anti-social. Now I know they aren't and I kind of miss being treated as invisible.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I was thin most of my life. became overweight and eventually obese for 10 years and a year ago starting dropping weight.

I miss people talking to me like I was a person rather than a body. The more weight I lose, the less people (men and women) value my opinion. Apparently when I am fat - I am smart ... as i thin down ... I get dumber. That kind of sucks.

I remember people seeing me a ditzy and dumb before the weight gain, but thought it was a "girl" thing. I gained 100 pounds and was suddenly very intelligent ... now I am on my way back to being regarded as decoration.

I really really hate that.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    cases of jack daniels and wild turkey
  • livingdeadbuddha
    Options
    I definitely miss having a bigger chest and being able to wear all the clothes in my closet that I will always adore, but look huge on me now that I'm losing (and continuing to lose) weight.
    I also kind of miss not getting all this "negative" sexual attention from people. I'm a sexual person, but some days, it's just like, "Enough already!!". I'm taken and I try very hard to make sure people know that, before I continue to let them try and hit on me. But the "negative" sexual attention bothers me. :/

I know exactly what you mean. It makes me much more introverted than I normally am, which is already nearly to the awkward point!
  • tonightokayalright
    Options
    Being completely delusional about portion sizes and what goes into food. I miss eating without a care in the world.