Is there anything you miss about being fat?

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I'm on my way to being skinny, not quite there yet, but I was thinking about something the other night, when my belly is gone, what will I put my plate on?

I miss sitting down with an entire bag of cheetos (or two) and a pint (or two) of Ben & Jerry's and thinking that it's ok. :(
    Somedays I'd just really love to pig the ef out!
  • My old ****ty diet. :sad:
    The thing I miss the most is being able to eat without hesitation.
  • Ivyzmama
    Ivyzmama Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Back when I lost 80 lbs (which, sadly, I gained back, but it took me a decade to gain it back), I would see a haggard looking woman haphazardly reflected in a store window or mirror, feel sorry for that grey-skinned tired-looking woman and then realize it was me. And I was in my early 30's so I shouldn't have looked so grey! So, 2 parts: 1. the weight loss made my face look old and wrinkly, and 2. I literally didn't recognize myself, which felt strange in a bad way. Most people have no idea what it's like to look in a mirror and see something other than what you expect. Next time: I'm going to use self-tanner. And meditate as a treatment for my general anxiety so that my brain can calm down and not panic for those couple of years it takes to remember what my new outside looks like.

I also didn't like the skinny coworkers suddenly befriending me. It made me feel hypocritical because they weren't my friends when I was fat. I second what Kelly Osbourne said: I'll be a fat girl inside my brain for the rest of my life and I'm not going to let people kiss up to me when I'm skinny who wouldn't give me the time of day when I was fat.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    my boobs

Yep
  • miss_grad
    Options
    Ignorance is bliss, sometimes.

As I began getting thinner, my so called "friends" didn't like that because I wasn't the fat friend anymore.

It's a cold reality to realize some people only keep you around to look better by comparison.
  • rpilon21
    rpilon21 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    when i carry heavy things i used to cushion myself balancing boxes or whatever using my fat...now it just hurts lol.

^ Definitely that, lol. I can hardly carry my kayak anymore beause it digs into my shoulders and hips so bad :wink:
  • melindadunston
    Options
    Eat an entire candy bar without a worry!
  • rosej31
    rosej31 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Nothing!!
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I really thought I was the only person who thought not attracting attention as a 'fat girl' was an okay thing...so, while I am not quite there, yet; I suppose I will miss people ignoring me when I am at goal...beyond that, I can't think of anything right now, 'though I am fairly certain I'd like to have my breasts lifted when I'm at goal...age and wt gain does not them pretty make, to be sure.

-pennie
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    This may sound odd, but shaving my armpits was WAAAAAY easier before. Now, I still have an armpit groove when I lift my arm, and getting a razor at the right angle is a total pain in the *kitten*.

That probably isn't an issue for you though....
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Pizza, beer, wings and fried chicken

Wait.... I still eat all of these things once a week, especially during football season. At what point do I have to stop these things?
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    This is weird, but I FEEL fatter now.. 40lbs later than I did before. I don't understand :S
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I was thin most of my life. became overweight and eventually obese for 10 years and a year ago starting dropping weight.

I miss people talking to me like I was a person rather than a body. The more weight I lose, the less people (men and women) value my opinion. Apparently when I am fat - I am smart ... as i thin down ... I get dumber. That kind of sucks.

I remember people seeing me a ditzy and dumb before the weight gain, but thought it was a "girl" thing. I gained 100 pounds and was suddenly very intelligent ... now I am on my way back to being regarded as decoration.

I really really hate that.

That's a bummer. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. :grumble:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    Not getting wasted off a glass of red. Seriously. This is bs.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options
    My face. Not used to it, don't like looking at it. I think it looked best about 35 pounds ago.

That is interesting but true. most people do look better in the face when it is fuller, especially as we age. It's almost a Catch 22...face or body, choose Health every time!

NO, there is NOTHING I miss about being FAT! Even the food I ate and the quantities, the thought makes Me sick now...the bloated feeling, the super fullness and not being able to DO anything after a meal except watch TV or lay down (usually both), the empty/numb emotions after eating...NOPE, NOTHING I Miss!!!

I agree... I think I look older. Granted, at my heaviest I looked worse, but somewhere in between my face looked best.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    my boobs
    mine too
    :sad:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Going to restaurants and not feeling guilty about eating whatever. Even if I allow calories and eat something 'bad' - I still feel guilty.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    my clothes, I have none that fit properly right now. not even the new ones :(

Yes!! I have new ones that are already too big and pants that I've had altered so that I didn't have to go shopping yet again that are also too big as well!! It is so frustrating and all people tell me is that it's a good problem to have and that I'm ungrateful. I'm not ungrateful I literally worked my *kitten* off!!
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't feel like "me" anymore... I've been "fat" for 20 years, and "skinny" for less than one... my "normal" is completely gone and sometimes that is difficult. It is the little things that I sometimes miss... knowing exactly what styles looked good/didn't look good, knowing how much "space" I took up in a room, etc. I actually find that my sense of balance is a bit off (I frequently walk into things lol). But overall there is nothing specific that I miss, and certainly nothing that I miss enough to go back to how I was. I will get used to my new normal eventually.

Weight loss is subtle, its not like your stomach "table" will be gone tomorrow morning. It will go down so little that you won't even notice it at first (at least, that is how it was with me), you will adjust as you go.