Your husband/boyfriend!!!

Options

Replies

• AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I met mine on Plenty Of Fish. We talked for two months then went on our first date and now have been dating almost a year. He lives two hours away and the plan is for me to move there in Feb/March around tax season. He is le amaze.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Work...we were both married (with kids to other people) when we met. That was back in 1995. I was ALWAYS attracted to him and we remained friends through the years.

One day in 2008, I sent him an email just to say "hi" and catch up on life and discovered that we were both recently unattached. We decided to meet for lunch that day and then we had "dessert" in the back of his truck (in the TGIFriday's parking lot)...LOL! :drinker:

He proposed 10 days after my divorce was final in 2009.
    We eloped on the Jersey shore at sunset in 2011.

He's seen me at my highest weight (252) and at my lowest (148 -- now). And, he still loves me.
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    High school
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm a car girl -- build, race & work on it all by myself.

I had just sold my daily driver and was in need of another. Found the perfect car to tool around town in & bought it. The owner forgot a bunch of stuff in the glovebox & since he was so cute, I didn't mind offering to drop it off at his house.

We've been together ever since, heh. Now we are engaged & getting married in May! (:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    In a bar.

If you take the two stories together, I was with friends and incredibly drunk and he was out with some girl who apparently saw their date as a good time to chat up other guys.
  • LNZimmer
    Options
    I was promoting for an event our bar was holding. I walked up to the car he was in and asked "Hey do you guys like girls in bikini's?" Well, he showed up at the event that night and gave me his number, I called him and we have been inseparable for the past 6 years. We own a home and have a 3 year old little girl together. I loves him. :)
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was at the coffee shop by myself 2 doors down from my apartment. grabbed my coffee and went to sit down, tripped over nothing and spilled my hot coffee all over him. When i put my hands of to stop the fall I landed one hand on his chest and the other one on his crotch. Seemed like a good time to introduce myself....lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    A bar. Or if my family asks "a pizza restaurant". Been together 10.5 years, married 8.
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    We worked together! been together just over 9 years - dated for 4 engaged for 2 & married for 3 ! We now have a very active toddler who keeps us laughing and going everyday! I love him with all my heart and coun't imagine what it would be like without him now!:heart:
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    match.com - over 2 years now.
  • I met mine at a music industry event at a my friend's bar (I used to work in music, he was a wannabe:laugh: ). Been together over 3 years, married over 1 year....
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    Met my wonderful sweet husband through MATCH.COM! we dated for a year and we got married March of this year!!! he mmakes me very happy every single day, he always makes sure he tells me that he loves me! love him so!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    The old fashioned way...in a bar :drinker:
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met when we were 18 and 19 at McDonald's. We have been married for about 5 years now, two wonderful kids and hopefully a third soon, and we are so happily married. Marriage is hard work and shouldn't be entered into lightly. We have overcome some very bad hardships and are certainly reaping God's rewards :) I love thinking about my Honey.
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Composition class at a small community college in Iowa! 3 years today, both with our BS from SIUC, and still loving each other!
  • macjenkins
    macjenkins Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I had a blind date stand me up one cool night in September so I called a friend who also had nothing to do and we crashed her brother's bonfire. My husband is best friend's with my friends brother. He stopped me from jumping into a very cold, half drained pool. Our "one night stand" has lasted for 13yrs and 2 kids. Couldn't be happier.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    We played video games together (yep, we were WoW addicts), and found out we lived close to each other. Decided to meet up, and three years and an engagement ring later, are still plugging away at it. Minus the video games. Well. Most of the time. =)
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I see posts of successful relationships and it makes me happy. :smile:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Church. And ironically, its the best sex Ive ever had.
  • begreenbe
    begreenbe Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    At a bar. He asked me the time. That was 17 years ago, Wow time flies. Married 14 years with three boys.