No More Excuses - Week 10

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I DID IT! 519 calories burnt playing the Wii for 99 minutes. Not the most efficient calories burnt for time spent but it was the only choice today. One day down toward my goal.

Editted to add: I really wish I would have worn my HRM as I have heard the Wii way underestimate calories burnt, but oh well. Tomorrow is another day!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    weightchart9.jpg

I don't know why I couldn't fix the chart up above, I am sorry. I added dragonfly to it and oh who knows, I am tired. :yawn:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone, I am up and getting ready to take my daughter to school, then little man and I are back to eat some breakfast and then I am going to get on my bike and do my exercise. Today is going to be a great day.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be a great day.

Right on!

I hope all of you have a wonderful day today :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Just finished my exercise for today and I feel great. now off to drink some water and rest.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Doing good Laura, keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Doing good Laura, keep it up! :flowerforyou:

thanks Amanda, I only did 30 minutes of exericse, I need to work my way up.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I'm back, I missed you guys and I have not been gone long at all. I decided to drop some of my other groups and come back to this one.

Personal Challenges: make it all week without going over on my calories, drink my water and do my exercise, now I don't know if I can make it to burn 3500 calories a week but I will try to.
    Laura....I am so glad you came back!!! We missed you too! Keep up the great work.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!!! I am off to a wonderful Monday morning. Had my smoothie and I feel stuffed. I figured out the 3500 and since I didn't do much yesterday, I need to do about 584 caloriey burn now through Saturday. That is feasable. I am going to hit it.

It is to be much warmer here this week which doesn't hurt my feelings a bit. I do not deal well in the cold. I would much rather it be hot!!! Suppose to be around 50 today. Maybe I will get out and take a walk or something on lunch! Everyone make it a wonderful day!

Ann
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I'm back, I missed you guys and I have not been gone long at all. I decided to drop some of my other groups and come back to this one.

Personal Challenges: make it all week without going over on my calories, drink my water and do my exercise, now I don't know if I can make it to burn 3500 calories a week but I will try to.
    Laura....I am so glad you came back!!! We missed you too! Keep up the great work.

thanks Ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say a quick hi. I just got back from the doctor with both of my boys. They had their physicals and blood work. We went at 8:00 and just now got home so no school for them. They are so disappointed!! I grabbed a quick sausage mcmuffin from McD's on the way home and was astonished! Even with no egg it was 370 calories and 22 grams of fat. The rest of the day will have to be light, and it wasn't even worth it:angry: Today is wogging day and Shred. Hope you all have a great day!
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful lunch with my DW. Thanks everyone for the anniversary well wishes.

This may be more of a guy thing, but I found this interesting article about burning belly fat. Come to find out, I have been doing all the right things with both weight lifting and every other day cardio.

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/blog/belly-fat-and-how-to-beat-it

698 calories burned today, so I am well on my way.

I still think I am going to have to put in a 6th workout this week to get to 3500, but thats ok. The scale was good to me today, down another pound.

Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • justjack51
    Options
    Just wanted to say a quick hi. I just got back from the doctor with both of my boys. They had their physicals and blood work. We went at 8:00 and just now got home so no school for them. They are so disappointed!! I grabbed a quick sausage mcmuffin from McD's on the way home and was astonished! Even with no egg it was 370 calories and 22 grams of fat. The rest of the day will have to be light, and it wasn't even worth it:angry: Today is wogging day and Shred. Hope you all have a great day!

I use to live on McDs sausage biscuits, I finally had to go cold turkey off of them. Its so sad how something that tastes so good can be so bad...........I say that about a lot of things...........donuts, cupcakes, sugar cookies, sticky popcorn, there is a very good reason I got as fat as I did. :-D
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Had a wonderful lunch with my DW. Thanks everyone for the anniversary well wishes.

This may be more of a guy thing, but I found this interesting article about burning belly fat. Come to find out, I have been doing all the right things with both weight lifting and every other day cardio.

http://www.thefactsaboutfitness.com/blog/belly-fat-and-how-to-beat-it

698 calories burned today, so I am well on my way.

I still think I am going to have to put in a 6th workout this week to get to 3500, but thats ok. The scale was good to me today, down another pound.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Jack, thanks for sharing! What is your daily protein set at?? I always so over on mine, every day and I should up it and lower my carbs. Food for thought!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    375 calories burnt on a 35 minute walk (very little running, couldn't get in the right frame of mind) but with lots of hills.

Total for the week 894 calories burnt so far!
  • justjack51
    Options

Jack, thanks for sharing! What is your daily protein set at?? I always so over on mine, every day and I should up it and lower my carbs. Food for thought!

I run around 90-100 mg of Protein a day, I am usually about 50-100% over on protein per day.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Just finished L1D8 of 30-day Shred. It is getting much easier. I increased my weights. Only burns about 214 cals though. Tomorrow is gym day so I will burn more. Have burned 874 so far this week. I'm going to have to pick up the pace! Have 3 more hours of typing tonight so will post tomorrow. Sleep well all:yawn:
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey Everyone.

So, I think I overestimated my recovery a little. I had to have a nap at lunchtime to get through work yesterday and fell asleep on the couch straight after dinner. No running for me but at least I stayed in cals.

I'm gonna try for an easy Pilates session tonight instead. I am no good at being sick but I guess I need to let myself get better properly instead of throwing myself back into exercise.

You guys are all doing great on your personal challenges, well done!

Amy
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hey Everyone.

So, I think I overestimated my recovery a little. I had to have a nap at lunchtime to get through work yesterday and fell asleep on the couch straight after dinner. No running for me but at least I stayed in cals.

I'm gonna try for an easy Pilates session tonight instead. I am no good at being sick but I guess I need to let myself get better properly instead of throwing myself back into exercise.

You guys are all doing great on your personal challenges, well done!

Amy

Glad to hear you are getting some rest. Good job on your cals. I missed running today because my boys had to go to the doctor this morning and I am still working. My brain only stays focused on transcription for about 25 to 30 minutes (sometimes less) and then it needs a break. Imagine the amount of work I could get done if I could stay focused! Hope you feel better soon.
  • justjack51
    Options
    Want to hear something funny, we got each other a couple small gifts for anniversary, I got her some 3 lb hand weights, and she got me the new Wii Fit Plus game, we have been having fun playing the new games. I find the Kung Fu is especially entertaining to watch my DW.