No More Excuses - Week 10

Options

Replies

• tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody...Had a long day and now am finally off to bed. It is 11:30 here and I can barely hold my head up. Didn't get to exercise today, had to work, pay bills, go to 3 different grocery stores, pharmacy, etc. At least now we have groceries for which I am very thankful. My baby is still sick, just a cold virus, bad cough. Sleep well MFP friends.:yawn:

Amy...Glad to hear from you. Feel better soon, ease back into your exercise routine.

Jack...I think legally you don't have to count the calories that you can't retain at least until the next day:smile: As for BBQ, not a really big fan but DH will choose it any time he gets to pick.

Amanda...I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I've prayed for you every time you crossed my mind today. Keep us posted.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    BAD day, my dh's grandpa is in the hospital, dh took him last night to our local hospital and today they ambulanced 200 miles one way to the heart hospital. Waiting on news from them. Dh came home at about 1:30 am and then MIL and grandma went to the hospital in different city. Emmy goes to doc tomorrow to see why she is falling all the time and to discuss wheelchairs. I want that appointment to be over with. My heart is breaking for her; she is covered in bruises from various falls at schools, at home and at therapy. Most are documented.

I didn't log my food today, didn't count my calories, didn't exercise, didn't drink my water, tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track and if not I expect somebody to kick my butt!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Amanda! Your family comes first. Granted you have to take care of yourself, to be able to take care of them. But don't beat yourself up over one day! You will be fine! You have very important issues to take care of! Will be praying that everyone in your family is on the road to recovery and answers!!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning team! Well, it sounds like we all kind of fell off the wagon yesterday. I stayed within my calories and made it to Curves but didn't do any other excercise! Today is a new day.

Hope everyone's days begin to get better and more settled. Family issues (illnesses) and personal illnesses are no fun at all. We have been through our share as well, but always remember God will not give you any more than you and he together can handle! He will be by each of our sides through all of our trials and tribulations! :bigsmile:

I am excited about my new ventures at Curves. Yesterday was good, we will just see how it continues. The lost pound I bragged about the other day found it's way back this morning!!! URG:noway: Hopefully continued effort will make it gone for good!

I am alone in the office for a while this morning so I guess I better take advantage of it and get some things done!

Talk to everyone tonight! Have a wonderful day and I will say a prayer for each of you!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Thursday morning all...I have to type a few hours and then off to the gym. Everybody have a great day!

P.S.
    I have a question about the new HRM I bought yesterday at Costco. I paid $30 for a Mio Stride and on-line it is $80 so I'm happy with the price but still unsure about it. It says it counts your calories by using your personal heart rate, age, weight, gender and step count. Is this going to count my calories burned when I am doing the Nautilus machines or the bicycle? I haven't opened it yet and wanted to get opinions before I do. Thanks!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Good Thursday morning all...I have to type a few hours and then off to the gym. Everybody have a great day!

P.S.
    I have a question about the new HRM I bought yesterday at Costco. I paid $30 for a Mio Stride and on-line it is $80 so I'm happy with the price but still unsure about it. It says it counts your calories by using your personal heart rate, age, weight, gender and step count. Is this going to count my calories burned when I am doing the Nautilus machines or the bicycle? I haven't opened it yet and wanted to get opinions before I do. Thanks!

Tammy, does it have the chest strap??? That is really important. Other than that I haven't heard good or bad about it.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Good morning, my friends! Today the scale is horrid and I do mean horrid. I just hope that with exercise and clean eating I can get it down before Sunday. Going the get the house straightened, animal chores done and focus on schooling my daughter until noon. Then we leave for PT and the doctor visit with the youngest. Should be home around 5:30 and then dinner. I have to fit exercise in sometime. I HAVE TO!!
  • tamelab
    Options

P.S.

Tammy, does it have the chest strap??? That is really important. Other than that I haven't heard good or bad about it.

No chest strap, it just goes on your wrist.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good morning, my friends! Today the scale is horrid and I do mean horrid. I just hope that with exercise and clean eating I can get it down before Sunday. Going the get the house straightened, animal chores done and focus on schooling my daughter until noon. Then we leave for PT and the doctor visit with the youngest. Should be home around 5:30 and then dinner. I have to fit exercise in sometime. I HAVE TO!!

Sounds like a busy day. I hope you get everything done. I missed exercising yesterday and I just felt "off" all day, like I had forgotten to do something but couldn't quite remember what it was. Good luck at the doctor's office.
  • tamelab
    Options

Sorry, computer hung up and it just keeps posting!
  • tamelab
    Options

Sorry guys, computer hung up and posted this about 20 times in a row::grumble: I think it is finished now!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

P.S.

No chest strap, it just goes on your wrist.

Tammy, I have heard over and over again, on here and speaking with people in real life that in order for it to be accurate, it really must have the chest strap. That way it is constantly measuring your heart. If you type in HRM in the search engine you will come up with lots of info.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

How are your weeks going? Mine has been pretty slow. I think I am feeling better but still keep just crashing out exhausted on the couch every night - I can't figure out if I am still recovering or just being lazy now! Team sports night tommorrow so I am going to play some basketball and hopefully that will jumpstart me! I AM GOING TO RUN this weekend. No matter what. I am going to go back to Week 5 of C25K I think.

I can't beleive how much you guys pay for healthcare. In NZ and Australia when I lived in both places you can get free healthcare at the hospital. You pay if you go private which a lot of people do but the public system is fine, if a little slow sometimes. A doctors appointment is only about $50 (about $35US I think) and repeat ones are cheaper. There are also a lot of subsidies for low income familes and youths. You guys have it tough!! Money is the last thing you should have to think about in times of stress. Laura I hope your hubby gets better soon.

Tigermom I LOVE the new pic!

Amanda you have been quiet this week - hope all is ok!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Amy

thank you.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Amanda...Thanks, I will check into it. Which one did you choose?
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just got off the treadmill, 4 miles today.

No change in weight. I am very very hungry.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Just got off the treadmill, 4 miles today.

No change in weight. I am very very hungry.

Grab a snack and go run 4 miles for me and I will take a nap:laugh:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Tammy, my HRM is a Reebox one. It is black with the chest strap. I love it, very easy to use. I got it in January last year at the sporting good center. It was on sale for $39.99. Truly it is the most information thing I have in this weight loss journey. :smile:

Jack, you might be hungry because it sounds as if you have a couple of days of eatling "well". My body always thinks it is starving after I came off of a big eating day such as yesterday. We can be hungry together. Also food for thought, you have been losing weight at a rapid pace and doing well. Somebody once told me you can switch your calories so they are set at maintaing your current weight for a week and then switch back to losing weight calories. Does that make sense??

Hope everybody else is having a terrific day! :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Tammy, do you think you can find a chest strap that will work with your HRM?

Jack, good going on the 4 miles!! Sorry you're really, really hungry though. Have you downed alot of water today?

I am having kind of a rough day today. I'm staying within my calories right now, but it's really hard, because I just want to go snack. TMI to follow! - Be warned!

Yesterday, I started my cycle and passed something I've never seen before. Wasn't a clot. Now hubs and I are both worried that I could have miscarried, but I don't see how it's possible, since I had a normal cycle last month and this month was on time, too -- and no accidents occured, if you get my drift. I made an appointment for a PAP with my doc, but they can't see me until the 28th. They say that at that time, with blood work, they will be able to see if I WAS pregnant. In the meantime, hubs just texted me and said that if I did miscarry, then that means I was pregnant and it hurts him that a little person won't be around because we do everything we can to insure we don't get pregnant, including praying! So he feels guilty, and so do I. We don't even know if we want kids one day, so we take alot of precautions to keep from getting pregnant right now. We are not ready for a kid and we try to be responsible enough to realize that and plan to not, kwim?

But, all the guilt and thinking makes me want to start reaching for more than one of those 100 cal snack packs tucked away in the office kitchen. Plus, I'm by myself today, so no one but me to hold myself accountable. Gah! Sorry for dumping on you guys with the TMI, but I had to get it out there so someone can kick me in the bootie and tell me to stay out of the kitchen! lol
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi all.

Tammy, do you think you can find a chest strap that will work with your HRM?

Jack, good going on the 4 miles!! Sorry you're really, really hungry though. Have you downed alot of water today?

I am having kind of a rough day today. I'm staying within my calories right now, but it's really hard, because I just want to go snack. TMI to follow! - Be warned!

Yesterday, I started my cycle and passed something I've never seen before. Wasn't a clot. Now hubs and I are both worried that I could have miscarried, but I don't see how it's possible, since I had a normal cycle last month and this month was on time, too -- and no accidents occured, if you get my drift. I made an appointment for a PAP with my doc, but they can't see me until the 28th. They say that at that time, with blood work, they will be able to see if I WAS pregnant. In the meantime, hubs just texted me and said that if I did miscarry, then that means I was pregnant and it hurts him that a little person won't be around because we do everything we can to insure we don't get pregnant, including praying! So he feels guilty, and so do I. We don't even know if we want kids one day, so we take alot of precautions to keep from getting pregnant right now. We are not ready for a kid and we try to be responsible enough to realize that and plan to not, kwim?

But, all the guilt and thinking makes me want to start reaching for more than one of those 100 cal snack packs tucked away in the office kitchen. Plus, I'm by myself today, so no one but me to hold myself accountable. Gah! Sorry for dumping on you guys with the TMI, but I had to get it out there so someone can kick me in the bootie and tell me to stay out of the kitchen! lol

Hey...Not sure about the chest strap. After talking to Amanda, I may just return this one and find the Reebox one she has with the strap for around $40. First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your day. Did they put you on a cancellation list so you could move up faster if someone cancels their appt? I hate that you have to wait that long to see the doc. Secondly, STAY OUT OF THAT KITCHEN!! Did that help?
  • tamelab
    Options
    Tammy, my HRM is a Reebox one. It is black with the chest strap. I love it, very easy to use. I got it in January last year at the sporting good center. It was on sale for $39.99. Truly it is the most information thing I have in this weight loss journey. :smile:

Jack, you might be hungry because it sounds as if you have a couple of days of eatling "well". My body always thinks it is starving after I came off of a big eating day such as yesterday. We can be hungry together. Also food for thought, you have been losing weight at a rapid pace and doing well. Somebody once told me you can switch your calories so they are set at maintaing your current weight for a week and then switch back to losing weight calories. Does that make sense??

Hope everybody else is having a terrific day! :flowerforyou:

Thanks. I may just return this one and look around some more for the one you have.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    If your group has room for new members I would love to join. I had started in a Biggest Loser group that started in the beginning of month, but there is very little activity going on in it, and I like the discussions and support, plus a place to vent, chat, etc.

My starting weight on Jan 1 was 167, then last week on the 8th it was down to 163.8, but that is because I had the flu the night before. And for this week I weigh in on Friday (tom).