No More Excuses - Week 10

Options

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Laura, I hope Q heals up quickly and starts feeling much better. You too. I know you are probably so tired!! I'll keep all of you in my prayers :)

I understand completely about the doctors. I can't believe they would charge you to fill those forms out, especially if you are a regular client. (Who is your doctor, just for out of curiousity lol) I used to work for Campbell at Foothills, but I can't remember if they charged for paperwork or not.

Today will be a good day! I went over on my cals yesterday, I was craving pizza and breadsticks and those darn breadsticks did me in! Today I will eat a pudding for lunch and venison cube steak and garlic mash potatoes for dinner. That should keep me within my cals. I'm actually looking forward to going home and working out, how great is that!?

I hope you all have a great day :D and Tigermom, I LOVE the new pic!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Laura, I hope Q heals up quickly and starts feeling much better. You too. I know you are probably so tired!! I'll keep all of you in my prayers :)

I understand completely about the doctors. I can't believe they would charge you to fill those forms out, especially if you are a regular client. (Who is your doctor, just for out of curiousity lol) I used to work for Campbell at Foothills, but I can't remember if they charged for paperwork or not.

Today will be a good day! I went over on my cals yesterday, I was craving pizza and breadsticks and those darn breadsticks did me in! Today I will eat a pudding for lunch and venison cube steak and garlic mash potatoes for dinner. That should keep me within my cals. I'm actually looking forward to going home and working out, how great is that!?

Gotta have pizza sometimes!! I saw where you are eating venison steak. Are you and your family hunters? My dh and youngest ds are and we eat a lot of venison. I was surprised at how lean it is. You mentioned Foothills. Are you from South Carolina?
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi All....Sorry I have been MIA all yesterday. Last night I went to a food class at Curves. Very good!!! It follows the same lines as weight watchers (sort of) except for maintenance. I have started their way of thinking today. In a nutshell......You eat 1200 calories for one week, then you increase to 1500 for 3 weeks, then you eat 2000 calories to stabalize your metabolism. Then after you go about a week without gaining, you drop back down to the 1200 calories and start over. It is like a cycle. They say it keeps your metabolism up so that you burn fat not muscle. I figured it is worth a try. I truly believe everyone needs to just do what works for them!

Anyway....because of the class I didn't ge ton the wii last night so I am massively behind on the 3500 burn. Not giving up though. I feel like all the excercise is working as I am sore!!! OUCH!!!

Well gotta get to work, so will see everyone tonight!
    Ann

PS....Laura and Tammy I agree about doctors. They are way.....over priced for some of the stuff they do!

Sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Good Wednesday morning all...Today is my last day of my national account for this week. On Thursday and Friday I only type about 2 hours a day so it is almost like a day off. I need it this week. My youngest is sick and woke up in the middle of the night crying with his ear. Back to the doctor sometime today. I finally lost 1 more pound. Boy I am moving slow. I am going to go to level 2 of 30-Day Shred today. I don't think I'm burning enough calories on level 1 anymore. I went to the gym last night around 9:00 and I just wasn't that into it. Maybe it was too late. I made it through but just didn't feel like I had accomplished much. I think maybe some extra sleep would help. Hurry up weekend! Hope everybody has a great day.
  • dragonfly81
    Options
    Gotta have pizza sometimes!! I saw where you are eating venison steak. Are you and your family hunters? My dh and youngest ds are and we eat a lot of venison. I was surprised at how lean it is. You mentioned Foothills. Are you from South Carolina?

It's just myself and my DH, and we aren't hunters. We're too lazy to get up when the sun still has enough sense to be asleep! DH gets some deer meat from a friend at work and we have it processed. We eat it pretty much all year long. I am from SC!! Born and raised. I moved in 2006 and took a job offer in California. Stayed there for 6 months until the job was up and we couldn't afford to live there any longer. We moved to MS after that. We have some family here, there were actual jobs here and we could afford it! Are you from SC, too?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

Thanks A, I really appreciate the prayers. I am exhausted. Just found out today that we have to pay $50.00, b/c there is 2 papers that we had to have filled out. I am not very happy with that, I think they just want money, like they don't make enough as it is. I hate to see the doctor and how much he charged to do my hubby's surgery. Dr. Bradford Tyler, I have never been to him, neither has my hubby, but they said that charge everyone that to fill out the papers, I think it is crazy.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

I'm from S.C. too. Actually me and Dragonfly went to school together.
  • tamelab
    Options

It's just myself and my DH, and we aren't hunters. We're too lazy to get up when the sun still has enough sense to be asleep! DH gets some deer meat from a friend at work and we have it processed. We eat it pretty much all year long. I am from SC!! Born and raised. I moved in 2006 and took a job offer in California. Stayed there for 6 months until the job was up and we couldn't afford to live there any longer. We moved to MS after that. We have some family here, there were actual jobs here and we could afford it! Are you from SC, too?

Actually, I was born in North Carolina. We have been in SC for about 13 years now for my hubby's job.
  • tamelab
    Options

I'm from S.C. too. Actually me and Dragonfly went to school together.

What a small world! Did you guys join MFP together or just bump into each other here?
  • dragonfly81
    Options
    Laura joined first, then realized I was trying to lose weight and pointed me in this direction. Best decision, ever!

What part of SC are you in? I am from Upstate, near Clemson.

Sorry your little one was sick last night! Feeling any better yet?
  • tamelab
    Options
    Laura joined first, then realized I was trying to lose weight and pointed me in this direction. Best decision, ever!

I love MFP. I seem to be addicted now. So far so good. We'll have to go back to the doctor this afternoon, already been there once this week.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Well now isn't that cool!!!! Okay so 3 out of us are from the east coast (or there abouts) I am in Colorado any other "westerners" with us? I can't remember from introductions.
  • tigermom79
    Options

Thanks A, I really appreciate the prayers. I am exhausted. Just found out today that we have to pay $50.00, b/c there is 2 papers that we had to have filled out. I am not very happy with that, I think they just want money, like they don't make enough as it is. I hate to see the doctor and how much he charged to do my hubby's surgery. Dr. Bradford Tyler, I have never been to him, neither has my hubby, but they said that charge everyone that to fill out the papers, I think it is crazy.

that seems so unfair. I know our dr's office allows us to fill out the papers and then the dr signs them. Except of course if you need to have the medical codes and such that doesn't work. Is every dr in your area like that? Ours doesn't charge for that.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm from Kansas City where we cook BBQ the right way. (yes thats a crack at Carolina BBQ) :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

Look at my profile pic, I have about 30 pounds of BBQ stashed under that T-shirt.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

that seems so unfair. I know our dr's office allows us to fill out the papers and then the dr signs them. Except of course if you need to have the medical codes and such that doesn't work. Is every dr in your area like that? Ours doesn't charge for that.

This is the first doctors office I have came across that does that. I will never use this doctor again after this. I mean what if someone is broke and doesn't have that kind of money, what do those people do then? I don't know what doctors are thinking this day and time. I really don't.
  • amaline
    amaline Posts: 84
    Options
    Hey everyone

How are your weeks going? Mine has been pretty slow. I think I am feeling better but still keep just crashing out exhausted on the couch every night - I can't figure out if I am still recovering or just being lazy now! Team sports night tommorrow so I am going to play some basketball and hopefully that will jumpstart me! I AM GOING TO RUN this weekend. No matter what. I am going to go back to Week 5 of C25K I think.

I can't beleive how much you guys pay for healthcare. In NZ and Australia when I lived in both places you can get free healthcare at the hospital. You pay if you go private which a lot of people do but the public system is fine, if a little slow sometimes. A doctors appointment is only about $50 (about $35US I think) and repeat ones are cheaper. There are also a lot of subsidies for low income familes and youths. You guys have it tough!! Money is the last thing you should have to think about in times of stress. Laura I hope your hubby gets better soon.

Tigermom I LOVE the new pic!

Amanda you have been quiet this week - hope all is ok!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Amy
  • justjack51
    Options
    I can't believe noone took the bait on the BBQ trash talk.

Had my Brazilian steakhouse food tonight, I didn't do very good when it came to self control on the all the beef, I did have 2 trips to salad bar and no bread, but...........I don't think it matters much. All that red meat was quite a shock to my system, and let's just say I have since "cleansed" :embarassed: (now do I have to count all those calories)

Anyway I am not feeling too guilty, my buddy about killed me at the gym today, I started calling him Jillian about halfway through the workout. Hopefully I am not too sore to run tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I can't believe noone took the bait on the BBQ trash talk.

Had my Brazilian steakhouse food tonight, I didn't do very good when it came to self control on the all the beef, I did have 2 trips to salad bar and no bread, but...........I don't think it matters much. All that red meat was quite a shock to my system, and let's just say I have since "cleansed" :embarassed: (now do I have to count all those calories)

Anyway I am not feeling too guilty, my buddy about killed me at the gym today, I started calling him Jillian about halfway through the workout. Hopefully I am not too sore to run tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I haven't been here to hear your BBQ trash talk but now that I am - you better had quit eating right now and get to work!!!!!! :grumble: :smile:

Editted to add: Don't you know that it is rude to talk with bbq in your mouth, anyway! :bigsmile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    BAD day, my dh's grandpa is in the hospital, dh took him last night to our local hospital and today they ambulanced 200 miles one way to the heart hospital. Waiting on news from them. Dh came home at about 1:30 am and then MIL and grandma went to the hospital in different city. Emmy goes to doc tomorrow to see why she is falling all the time and to discuss wheelchairs. I want that appointment to be over with. My heart is breaking for her; she is covered in bruises from various falls at schools, at home and at therapy. Most are documented.

I didn't log my food today, didn't count my calories, didn't exercise, didn't drink my water, tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track and if not I expect somebody to kick my butt!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!
  • justjack51
    Options
    BAD day, my dh's grandpa is in the hospital, dh took him last night to our local hospital and today they ambulanced 200 miles one way to the heart hospital. Waiting on news from them. Dh came home at about 1:30 am and then MIL and grandma went to the hospital in different city. Emmy goes to doc tomorrow to see why she is falling all the time and to discuss wheelchairs. I want that appointment to be over with. My heart is breaking for her; she is covered in bruises from various falls at schools, at home and at therapy. Most are documented.

I didn't log my food today, didn't count my calories, didn't exercise, didn't drink my water, tomorrow is another day and I will be back on track and if not I expect somebody to kick my butt!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

The diet/exercise can wait, if your family needs you..........that becomes top priority.

In the meantime, we will pray for you and your family.