No More Excuses - Week 10

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    Want to hear something funny, we got each other a couple small gifts for anniversary, I got her some 3 lb hand weights, and she got me the new Wii Fit Plus game, we have been having fun playing the new games. I find the Kung Fu is especially entertaining to watch my DW.

No far laughing at the women!!!!! I threatened my dh. Then he tries to talk to me when I am trying to concentrate on the dad gome instructions!!!! YOU MEN!!!!:laugh:

Glad you are enjoying it. I think it is totally awesome that you are looking out for each others health!!! Have fun!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hey Everyone.

So, I think I overestimated my recovery a little. I had to have a nap at lunchtime to get through work yesterday and fell asleep on the couch straight after dinner. No running for me but at least I stayed in cals.

I'm gonna try for an easy Pilates session tonight instead. I am no good at being sick but I guess I need to let myself get better properly instead of throwing myself back into exercise.

You guys are all doing great on your personal challenges, well done!

Amy

Listen to your body.....if it needs rest it will definately tell you! You will be back to your runing and all kinds of stuff soon enough. #1 priority is to get well!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good evening all!!! I just finished my wii workout. 47 minutes for 235 calorie burn. Then I had my curves work out as well, so I am up to I think it was around 650 or so for the week. Still behind because I didn't do much yesterday. ;( I will catch up a little each day. My son finally taught me the trick to the "dodging" thing in the boxing on the wii fit +. I kept getting hit and I knew I was moving myself. Sometimes I don't know what we would do without these kids!! :laugh:

Stayed within calories today really well, and had a great twirling session with my girls. I have no clue how many calories I burn at twirling. I really do need to get myself an HRM so I know! So I guess that would be extra that I don't know about! YEAH!!!!

Everyone have a great night and see you in the morning!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning all...Hope everyone has a great day today. DH and I will go the gym later this evening. I need to go grocery shopping at some point today or we will be eating cereal for supper. I seem to be stuck in a little rut. I am losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over. I am under on everything except sodium and protein almost every day. I have a hard time keeping my protein under about 70 and some days the sodium will be way over. I am going to get some Healthy Choice frozen meals or something similar for lunch and see if that will help. I have been eating leftovers for lunch and then cooking supper every day. Maybe a lower fat/cal/sodium lunch will move things around. I am going to drink 64 ounces of water today!! Talk to ya'll later.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning all...Hope everyone has a great day today. DH and I will go the gym later this evening. I need to go grocery shopping at some point today or we will be eating cereal for supper. I seem to be stuck in a little rut. I am losing and gaining the same 2 pounds over and over. I am under on everything except sodium and protein almost every day. I have a hard time keeping my protein under about 70 and some days the sodium will be way over. I am going to get some Healthy Choice frozen meals or something similar for lunch and see if that will help. I have been eating leftovers for lunch and then cooking supper every day. Maybe a lower fat/cal/sodium lunch will move things around. I am going to drink 64 ounces of water today!! Talk to ya'll later.

Boy do I understand your delima!!! Me too.. However...there is hope....the scale dropped 1 pound this morning!! YIPEEE!!! That is under the 3 lbs I had previously been fighting with! Keep the faith! I like the lean cuisine frozen meals for lunch and they are pretty low cal. Good luck.
  • tamelab
    Options

Boy do I understand your delima!!! Me too.. However...there is hope....the scale dropped 1 pound this morning!! YIPEEE!!! That is under the 3 lbs I had previously been fighting with! Keep the faith! I like the lean cuisine frozen meals for lunch and they are pretty low cal. Good luck.

Congrats on the scale drop! Hopefully I will follow your lead.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have been MIA for last night and today. My hubby had appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery last night. After spending a night in the hospital we are home but I have not ate good at all for the past 2 days. I have got to get back to doing what I need to do, but it will have to be tomorrow when I am not so stressed.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have been MIA for last night and today. My hubby had appendicitis and had to have emergency surgery last night. After spending a night in the hospital we are home but I have not ate good at all for the past 2 days. I have got to get back to doing what I need to do, but it will have to be tomorrow when I am not so stressed.

I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. I hope he is doing better. Don't stress about your eating habits. You will get back to it when things settle down. Sending prayers your way:smile:
  • tigermom79
    Options

Hope your hubby is doing okay. I hear that can be so....painful!:sad: The good thing is, you are aware of what you are eating. That is half the battle. I know I used to just eat and not care. Now we are all a little more aware of what we are doing and sometimes just don't have the means at that particular moment to change it. I know tomorrow you will be back on track!:drinker:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Thought you would all get a kick out of my picture change! This is the body I am going to get back too! Actually I would like even smaller but this would make me happy! It cuts off my face which is okay but I found it and started laughing!!! ;)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the prayers. He says his side is really sore but other than that he says he feels a lot better. I will be back to eating right tomorrow, but I just don't know if I will be able to fit in the exercise. I have been up since 5:30 this morning, and I have been going hard all day doing this and that, I have tons of laundry to do, but I may just wait untll tomorrow to do it. I am tired.
  • tamelab
    Options
    Thought you would all get a kick out of my picture change! This is the body I am going to get back too! Actually I would like even smaller but this would make me happy! It cuts off my face which is okay but I found it and started laughing!!! ;)

Wow! That is the body I never had!! You will do it!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the prayers. He says his side is really sore but other than that he says he feels a lot better. I will be back to eating right tomorrow, but I just don't know if I will be able to fit in the exercise. I have been up since 5:30 this morning, and I have been going hard all day doing this and that, I have tons of laundry to do, but I may just wait untll tomorrow to do it. I am tired.

Sometimes what you need the most is rest. The laundry will be there when you get time. Eating right is half the battle:smile:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

I am sorry to hear about your dh. Hope all is well soon! (((HUGS))))! Laura, sometimes a body does need rest and I may be strange but sometimes I find the thing I need the most is a good work-out. Maybe not for you, but when I am stressed or tired or grumpy or out of it, I go run in my slow way that makes my ds laugh and I feel better. Hope you feel better soon!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

Sometimes what you need the most is rest. The laundry will be there when you get time. Eating right is half the battle:smile:

I decided not to do the laundry, It will wait till tomorrow, I am getting ready to go to bed here in a minute.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options

I am sorry to hear about your dh. Hope all is well soon! (((HUGS))))! Laura, sometimes a body does need rest and I may be strange but sometimes I find the thing I need the most is a good work-out. Maybe not for you, but when I am stressed or tired or grumpy or out of it, I go run in my slow way that makes my ds laugh and I feel better. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. It has been hard keeping the kids off of him, so that is pretty stressful cause I don't want them to get on him and hurt his side or anything like that. I have my 2 year old son here during the day with me, and I usually exercise with him walking around or playing, so I might try to find some way to still do my exercise, not sure yet. It will be hard to keep him off his daddy and do my exercise at the same time. I have to take some papers to the doctor's office tomorrow for the doctor to fill out (leave of absence for my hubby's job at Wal-Mart) and the doctor's office charges $25.00 to fill them out, I am like WHAT????????? just to fill out some papers?????? it is only one sheet front and back!!!!!!!!!!!! I about went off on them, but I know that I have to do what I have to do. Sorry, I had to vent some. That just made me so mad.
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about DH, my father was once in town visiting our house for a single night, we had a huge ice storm that night, anyway he woke me up at 3 am to tell me he needed to go to the hospital, I spun my car out 4 times on the way to the hospital, luckily we were the only car on the road. BTW, he healed quite nicely, his apendix did not burst, but it was sooooooo close to when we got him there.

Ran 3.6 miles tonight, half a mile more than my best. Felt good at the time, but my legs are sore tonight. I think I will be a couch potato tonight and watch Biggest Loser/American Idol. Went to some gourmet burger place today, tried to eat there healthy, but I figure I had 900 calories and huge amounts of fat. It was good though.

Tomorrow night will be a work dinner, we are going to one of those all you can eat Brazilian places, not sure how I will fair. I hear they have an awesome salad bar, so I will try to fill up on Salad. Going to go easy on breakfast and lunch in preparation. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do another 700 calorie weigh lifting session, so I should be able to try a few of the meats.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Sorry to hear about DH, my father was once in town visiting our house for a single night, we had a huge ice storm that night, anyway he woke me up at 3 am to tell me he needed to go to the hospital, I spun my car out 4 times on the way to the hospital, luckily we were the only car on the road. BTW, he healed quite nicely, his apendix did not burst, but it was sooooooo close to when we got him there.

Ran 3.6 miles tonight, half a mile more than my best. Felt good at the time, but my legs are sore tonight. I think I will be a couch potato tonight and watch Biggest Loser/American Idol. Went to some gourmet burger place today, tried to eat there healthy, but I figure I had 900 calories and huge amounts of fat. It was good though.

Tomorrow night will be a work dinner, we are going to one of those all you can eat Brazilian places, not sure how I will fair. I hear they have an awesome salad bar, so I will try to fill up on Salad. Going to go easy on breakfast and lunch in preparation. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do another 700 calorie weigh lifting session, so I should be able to try a few of the meats.

Thanks Jack, they said that my hubby's appendix was really bad, close to rupturing, I am just glad that we got there in time.
  • tamelab
    Options

Thank you. It has been hard keeping the kids off of him, so that is pretty stressful cause I don't want them to get on him and hurt his side or anything like that. I have my 2 year old son here during the day with me, and I usually exercise with him walking around or playing, so I might try to find some way to still do my exercise, not sure yet. It will be hard to keep him off his daddy and do my exercise at the same time. I have to take some papers to the doctor's office tomorrow for the doctor to fill out (leave of absence for my hubby's job at Wal-Mart) and the doctor's office charges $25.00 to fill them out, I am like WHAT????????? just to fill out some papers?????? it is only one sheet front and back!!!!!!!!!!!! I about went off on them, but I know that I have to do what I have to do. Sorry, I had to vent some. That just made me so mad.

I know what you mean about doctors. My dh had to get an MRI this week for his knee trouble. We have to pay a $1,000 deductible before the insurance kicks in. His first office visit was $250 cash. His MRI was $488 cash. Then he had to go back in and see the doctor so they could TELL him the results of his MRI and that was another $250 cash, just to get the results of the durn test that we just paid $500 for. AMAZING!! Just a little bit more of this game and they are going to get a sample of my famous red-head temper:explode:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi All....Sorry I have been MIA all yesterday. Last night I went to a food class at Curves. Very good!!! It follows the same lines as weight watchers (sort of) except for maintenance. I have started their way of thinking today. In a nutshell......You eat 1200 calories for one week, then you increase to 1500 for 3 weeks, then you eat 2000 calories to stabalize your metabolism. Then after you go about a week without gaining, you drop back down to the 1200 calories and start over. It is like a cycle. They say it keeps your metabolism up so that you burn fat not muscle. I figured it is worth a try. I truly believe everyone needs to just do what works for them!

Anyway....because of the class I didn't ge ton the wii last night so I am massively behind on the 3500 burn. Not giving up though. I feel like all the excercise is working as I am sore!!! OUCH!!!

Well gotta get to work, so will see everyone tonight!
    Ann

PS....Laura and Tammy I agree about doctors. They are way.....over priced for some of the stuff they do!