I got my flu shot today. What about you?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• HeatherDominik
    Options
    Vaccines are the absolute worst thing you could do to your body...EVER!

Dr. Sherry Tenpenny has done AMAZING research and has exposed the entire industry. I recommend that everybody who is considering getting this dose of poison injected into their bodies give due diligence to becoming informed...please.
    EXACTLY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3AgKBVaPKWo
  • christinekry
    christinekry Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Haven't had the flu since I was a kid.... except the one time I got the flu shot as an adult. Never again.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got mine in September. I didn't always get it (it's free at work), but after reading the recent articles on the flu shot possibly helping to prevent heart attacks, I'll probably always get one. I've never gotten the flu the years I've gotten a shot. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've never had a bad experience with one.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=flu+shot+prevents+heart+attacks&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb
  • nerdygirl2
    nerdygirl2 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had my flu shot yesterday. I felt a little yucky today but it doesn't care to having the flu. Pneumonia almost killed me 9 years ago. I have found over the years that the shot helps me in the long run. They make it preservative free now a days.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I got mine! Monday, I think.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Got mine, easy, and have since 1996 when I was diagnosed with a naturally low immune system. I never have had a problem with the shot. And, I just get a cold .... But no flu. I get terrible pneumonia and upper respitory infections from just a bad cold.
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nope and never will. Working in a hospital they pretty much make it mandatory for the flu shot. I always refuse and have to sign a waiver each year stating that I refused it. Being a nurse I have my own thoughts and opinions on certain vaccinations.

I did unfortunately contract H1N1 a few years ago from a patient, however, it was the first time since I was 13 (28 years in between the episodes) that I had had the flu and I've not had it since either. I was pretty darn sick but it wasn't the flu that caused the 2 ER trips and 2 rounds of antibiotics. It was the pneumonia and dehydration which I obtained as a consequence of having the flu. What with not drinking enough fluids, especially when I was vomiting every hour, and not getting my butt out of the bed and walking around for over a week, I inadvertently set myself up for both issues. Yeah, being a nurse I should know better! I'm a great nurse but a horrible patient. :D

If I were in a high risk group, I might think about it, no guarantees that I would get it though.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Recent stastics show that people who get flu shots have a significantly lower incidence of heart disease. While that certainly doesn't mean the shot were the cause, it doesn't mean they weren't either.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I got mine on Tuesday :happy:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Negative.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Recent stastics show that people who get flu shots have a significantly lower incidence of heart disease. While that certainly doesn't mean the shot were the cause, it doesn't mean they weren't either.

Illness = inflammation. Preventing illness = preventing inflammation (which translates to preventing heart disease). Same reason why people who see a dentist regularly also have lower incidences of heart disease, because gum disease is also inflammation.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got my flu shot last week. My shoulder hurt for at least 4 days.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of the flu so I refuse to get the vaccine. I've been working out enough I'll just round-house kick it out of my body.:drinker:
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    EmmaStoneThumbsUp.gif?t=1343147282

Ditto!:bigsmile: