Has "Aunt Flo" stopped visiting anyone else???

Options

Replies

• cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Aunt Flo has been a rare to never visitor for the past 7 years (since I gained so much weight) I have even been tested to see if I'm going through menopause but no. I'm not complaining!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I wish!!
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The definition of menopause is no period for a year. By that definition you're post menopausal. Your doctor can run a few blood tests to ensure that's the reason they stopped. If that isn't the reason they stopped you need to be checked further.

35 is quite young for menopause to hit, but not impossible. Mine hit at age 42.

True. I was diagnosed menopausal at 39. It still would not hurt to get checked.
  • lovegrace21
    lovegrace21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    my BF was too low so it stopped; this isnt a good thing it means your hormones are out of wack and you could eventually start showing more manly body qualities such as unwanted hair growth, or receding hair line. you could also be losing bone mass.

i went on birth control to fix the problem, i recomend you talk to a doctor :D

^^This. Periods aren't fun, but they're a 'necessary evil' and we have them for a reason. If your period stops suddenly for months on end, this needs to be looked into. I lost my period for 2 years from undereating/low body fat and now I have osteopenia because of it. Don't play around with your hormones ladies!
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Unless you're really short it seems as though you are probably underweight. 35 seems really young for menopause so I think you should DEFINITELY talk to a doctor to rule out amenorrhoea.
    Amenorrhoea is the symptom she has - it means "not having a period" - so it's somewhat unlikely they'd rule that out.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I would go see a doctor, just to make sure nothing's wrong.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I lost mine because of weight gain and it's hormone related. I now have to take hormones each month if I don't get it to boost one. Weight loss and gain is a funny thing and plays havoc on your body. Until your body adjust I'm sure changes will happen. If it's more then 2 months see your doc though because it can cause issues if you don't have one.
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Mine has changed as well. It came early month before last then I only spotted for 3 days and one day of a regular flow. This past time, it came a few days late and after 2 days of very light spotting (barely noticable) it only lasted ONE DAY!!! wtw!?
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're premenopausal?

I haven't had aunt Flo for 3 months either, and I have lost about 50lbs. There isn't any medical explaination, and my BF is too high. My progesterone is high too, so perhaps i'm preggo? Who knows. I just recently started ovulating on my own again (I have PCOS) which is major!
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    OMG get thee to a doctor. While menopause at 35 is possible, it's extremely unlikely and there are many, many less benign reasons your period could have stopped.

I come from a family with a high rate of reproductive diseases, such as cystic ovaries and endometriosis. I don't want to be an alarmist, but you could be flirting with cancer. Get checked!
  • mommamellymac
    mommamellymac Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    For the ladies here wishing for meno, don't be so hasty! I'm not going to start telling horror stories, but just enjoy each stage's advantages while you have them. :flowerforyou:

This... I would rather have my period forever than go through menopause... I don't wanna be old :)

same here lol
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if I'm the only person that has stopped having a period since loosing weight? I was worried at first that something might be wrong, but I've learned its most likely due to my weight loss. By the way, I don't miss "Aunt Flo", I actually like not getting a monthly visit from her. I hav'nt had a period for going on a year and a half :bigsmile:

A year and half? And you haven't seen a doctor (assuming this since you are posing the question here). Even a well woman should see their GYN at least once a year. Unless you are doing something very extreme, such as following a pro-ana type diet or dropping BF very low there is no reason weight loss should stop your periods. You need to see a doctor.

I just want to take a time out here to say... "Pro-ana diet"? Are you seriously phrasing it that way? Not eating enough does not make someone anorexic, particularly if they don't realize they're not eating enough. Anorexia is a mental disorder, where we have no other knowledge that the OP may be this. To call a low calorie diet a "pro-ana diet," even if it's a "too low" calorie diet, is completely off base. It also implies that someone eating low calorie (when MANY people mistakenly think that's what you need to do to lose weight) is "pro-ana," which is a whole other issue to discuss.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Didn't have one for 2 months, then 1 then 28 days later.. then nothing for 42 days. Now on day 23. I would have more luck predicting the lottery numbers.

When you consider, abdominal fat is the biggest producer of estrogen outside of the ovaries.. no wonder some of our cycles are screwed up.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone, I am only 5 foot tall. I weigh 103 pds. I don't want to get pregnant and I eat back my exercise calories and thats quite a bit of food. So, that being said, I'm not doing a low-calorie thing. I just watch what I eat, nothing fried in fats, no more "junk" and lots of fresh fruit. I eat only baked chicken and turkey, ground beef as lean as I can get it, I don't eat out often, and I exercise quite a bit everyday. No period to me is a good thing. :wink:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone, I am only 5 foot tall. I weigh 103 pds. I don't want to get pregnant and I eat back my exercise calories and thats quite a bit of food. So, that being said, I'm not doing a low-calorie thing. I just watch what I eat, nothing fried in fats, no more "junk" and lots of fresh fruit. I eat only baked chicken and turkey, ground beef as lean as I can get it, I don't eat out often, and I exercise quite a bit everyday. No period to me is a good thing. :wink:

No period when you should be having one, unless a doctor has told you you're perfectly healthy and not to worry about it, is NOT a good thing.

Though at 5 feet, 103 is still in a healthy weight range in general. Have you spoken to your doctor? For a woman to stop having a period for no obvious reason (birth control or menopause), that's usually an indication that you are unhealthy.
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you're 103 lbs, it probably means you've lost too much weight unless you are under 5' in height. I would go see a doctor and get that checked out.
  • lovegrace21
    lovegrace21 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Well, it's really not a 'good thing.'

ETA: You can simply google amenorrhea and check out the complications...then you may very well change your tune.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Me too! But that's because I've got pcos and have refused to go on the pill.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Boy don't I wish!

LOL!! Awesome :laugh:
  • LERadicalDreamer
    LERadicalDreamer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being 103 and 5' tall, people.

That being said, the OP should be calling her doctor, not laughing it up on MFP and asking advice here.