What is the MEANEST email you ever sent....

Options

Replies

• springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    [
    I was going with the theory that the boss or whoever recieved the email, would think logically and be like "hmm, this is out of character for Joe, I wonder what's up with this", instead of the boss being all like "rawr you're fired you disgusting gay human being". Some people have cool bosses who love prank emails, other people have bosses with sticks up their *kitten*. Just saying that everyone needs to calm down and not jump down the girls throat for a harmless prank. I highly doubt the dude whose email it was felt "digitally violated". Alas, we will never know, so why not keep attacking the girl who did it. :noway:

As for the "hacking", can all of you say you have never hacked into an ex or current partners emails? Phone? Anything like that?

Edited for spelling.

Never hacked anyone. I have opened browsers and found other people still logged into facebook or their email accounts and do you know what I do? I log them out.

You are right, some people have cool bosses and some people have bosses with sticks up their *kitten*. If he had the hard-*kitten* boss, the poor guy could have easily got fired for accidentally leaving his account signed in on a public computer. It was not up to her to play with this guy's job and decide it's "harmless."

If she had posted this with an attitude of "Wow, the dumb things you do when you are a stupid kid," then I'd be willing to wager she wouldn't be "attacked," at least not as severely. Instead, she posted it with a "tee hee" and commented about how hilarious it was. If the only consequences that brat gets for her behavior is "attacked" by random people on the internet, I'd say the troll got off lightly.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

^ This. Was it immature? A little. Did it probably do any lasting damage to the guy? Very unlikely. The thread is labeled "Meanest email ever sent". So WTF is everyone attacking HER for this email, when everyone else is coming clean about saying horrible things to their spouses, exes, and even children?

How is she soooooooo much worse than the rest of you sanctimonious b*stards? Nobody here has ever done anything a little off-color when they were 18? Hmm?

Take a Xanax and STFU.

I think the reason she is RIGHTLY getting hell for it is that she *still* seems to think it is 1. funny, and 2. harmless. If she was stupid when she was 18, she doesn't seem have to grown much since then. It's not funny, not harmless and not something of which to be proud. Continuing to claim it is, in fact, all three of those, makes her look like a poor excuse for a grown human.

We're not sanctimonious, we're reasonable adults who are disgusted by her inability to conceive that she behaved disgracefully. But hey, obviously you think it's funny too, so I guess you two are good company.

I won't say you won the internet, but you at least won a small piece.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    ^ This. Was it immature? A little. Did it probably do any lasting damage to the guy? Very unlikely. The thread is labeled "Meanest email ever sent". So WTF is everyone attacking HER for this email, when everyone else is coming clean about saying horrible things to their spouses, exes, and even children?

How is she soooooooo much worse than the rest of you sanctimonious b*stards? Nobody here has ever done anything a little off-color when they were 18? Hmm?

Take a Xanax and STFU.
    Rawr.

Seriously though, it's a felony. And a civil attorney would financially destroy her for the rest of her life. True story.

My point is why is everyone saying SHE is the bad person, when others of their own volition are admitting to saying some of the nastiest, hateful things I have ever heard? At least the gay-email-girl MEANT for hers to be harmless, which is more than most of these other posters can say.

I don't dispute that what she did was probably illegal in some way, if someone was bored enough to actually prosecute. but I seriously doubt anyone GAF. I love you, but the legal horse is dead. Stop beating it.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Take a Xanax and STFU.

I think the reason she is RIGHTLY getting hell for it is that she *still* seems to think it is 1. funny, and 2. harmless. If she was stupid when she was 18, she doesn't seem have to grown much since then. It's not funny, not harmless and not something of which to be proud. Continuing to claim it is, in fact, all three of those, makes her look like a poor excuse for a grown human.

We're not sanctimonious, we're reasonable adults who are disgusted by her inability to conceive that she behaved disgracefully. But hey, obviously you think it's funny too, so I guess you two are good company.

Reasonable adults don't get "disgusted" at perfect strangers and arbitrarily slap high-horsed labels such as "disgraceful" on people who were only responding to a thread's prompts.

And yes, I would much rather share her company than a stuck up elitist with zero sense of humor and a cruelly unforgiving nature. What fun you must be at parties.
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Reasonable adults don't get "disgusted" at perfect strangers and arbitrarily slap high-horsed labels such as "disgraceful" on people who were only responding to a thread's prompts.

And yes, I would much rather share her company than a stuck up elitist with zero sense of humor and a cruelly unforgiving nature. What fun you must be at parties.

Actually challenging bigotry, ignorance and stupidity, of both thought and action is precisely what reasonable people do when they find themselves confronted by it. I fail to see how refusing to find the humor in a cruel and homophobic act is the preserve of 'stuck up elitists'; indeed, the tide of opinion in this thread suggests it's very much the prevailing attitude of the majority.

I do like your rant of 'nouns! of! insult!!!' My sense of humor is delighted by them, in fact. I'll bust out this anecdote at the next party of snobby elitists I attend, where we'll all cackle over our cruel unforgiving nature. We're quite a riot.
  • GorillaEsq
    GorillaEsq Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    But can you really trust a woman who golfs?
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Well. You are a model citizen and I guess I should aspire to be more like you. My apologies.
    Not really. I just learned in law school that committing felonies typically ends badly.
    Question: Is it still a felony if you have the password? And they know you have the password?
    Having the password is fundamentally immaterial. If you do not have explicit permission to access a computer-based account, along with specific data through course, accessing that account is likely a felonious act.
    Edited to add: I wasnt just referring to you with the hacking into a partners emails btw, I meant all the people on here who were having a go at that lady.
    I know. I also know that your heart was in the right place. ;)

Eh, TBH, I was just bored on my my lunch break. Still think she shouldnt have gotten flamed like she did but *kitten* happens :) kinda sidetracked the whole thread though lol what happened to the mean emails?!
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    Eh, TBH, I was just bored on my my lunch break. Still think she shouldnt have gotten flamed like she did but *kitten* happens :) kinda sidetracked the whole thread though lol what happened to the mean emails?!
    They turned into mean forum posts. Irony can be so ironic.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    However, I think the bigger issue here is all of the things that could have gone wrong with such a prank, and the idea that you consider the notion thereof, "funny."

I also laugh when people fall down *gasp*

so do I, but if you are the one to make them fall down and then they are injured...YOU are responsible, and its no longer funny...
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

But... what do I know. I'm just a random Internet dude.

Making some nice assumptions about jurisdiction.
    Not defending the stupidity of "joker" but we have hotels and interwebs outside the US, too.

Lies. Everywhere outside the US is nothing but stick huts and deserts.

Duh.

Um, you forgot igloos... :) Proud Canadian!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Actually challenging bigotry, ignorance and stupidity, of both thought and action is precisely what reasonable people do when they find themselves confronted by it. I fail to see how refusing to find the humor in a cruel and homophobic act is the preserve of 'stuck up elitists'; indeed, the tide of opinion in this thread suggests it's very much the prevailing attitude of the majority.

I do like your rant of 'nouns! of! insult!!!' My sense of humor is delighted by them, in fact. I'll bust out this anecdote at the next party of snobby elitists I attend, where we'll all cackle over our cruel unforgiving nature. We're quite a riot.

Oh hey, good morning everyone! Awesome this is still going.. let it go people. Or not, whatever.

I had let this go yesterday, but would like to address the golfer lady calling me homophobic. Really? Whats next? Maybe he was black too, am I now racist? Not sure what era your country is stuck in, but in my country being gay is just as accepted as being straight. If he had left an email open that was from a female, we would have done the same thing.

Well, I'm sure you will all have lot's to respond to this post so I will leave you with these words..
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    bahahahahaha homophobic.......ya ok its not like she screamed you are gay eeeww gross and ran away!!! she just tried to screw up his a life a little or give it excitement lol who knows!!!! after reading all this i feel like i was in some kind of law class.....has class ended? can i go now?
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    by saying that it doesnt mean i would have done it thats mean im good with not sending mean emails.if need be ill say it to their face
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    My point is why is everyone saying SHE is the bad person, when others of their own volition are admitting to saying some of the nastiest, hateful things I have ever heard? At least the gay-email-girl MEANT for hers to be harmless, which is more than most of these other posters can say.

I think the big difference is that in most other stories shared in this thread, people wrote emails / messages from their own accounts so they could be held responsible for what they were writing. In her case, she wrote an email to a person she didn't know from the account of a person whom she also didn't know. She can't have known the situation they were in, there was no way for her to tell the outcome. As the (very awesome!) others have stated, it's illegal but even if it wasn't, I think it would just be morally wrong. There are too many if's involved.

Also, I'm surprised to see how normal it seems to be these days to read your S.O.'s mails / messages and to even respond in their place (with or without them knowing). I've always considered myself the most jealous and complicated person alive and this has never even crossed my mind before. If my S.O. did that, I'd be seriously upset.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I once called my friend's ex's house pretending to be planned parenthood. I left a voicemail that said not only did the blood test come back positive for HIV, but she also tested positive for pregnancy. I really didn't like that b*tch.
  • GorillaEsq
    Options
    after reading all this i feel like i was in some kind of law class.....
    You're welcome.
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It wasn't an e-mail, but when I was in elementary school, I received a love letter from a girl asking me to go out with her. At that age, girls are yukky and my best friend and I decided to answer back. So we made up a card and crazy-glued rabbit crap in the card, spelling 'NO' with the rabbit crap. I got a card back with hamster crap from the girl...I deserved it! lol Ahh things we do when we're kids!!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I once called my friend's ex's house pretending to be planned parenthood. I left a voicemail that said not only did the blood test come back positive for HIV, but she also tested positive for pregnancy. I really didn't like that b*tch.

You're a sociopath.

I bet you shake babies too.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Go eat a doughnut, get laid, have a drink, whatever it takes to get your panties out of that knot they're in. :drinker:

I like knotted panties.

My mean emails are the same: F*** you.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I think the big difference is that in most other stories shared in this thread, people wrote emails / messages from their own accounts so they could be held responsible for what they were writing. In her case, she wrote an email to a person she didn't know from the account of a person whom she also didn't know. She can't have known the situation they were in, there was no way for her to tell the outcome. As the (very awesome!) others have stated, it's illegal but even if it wasn't, I think it would just be morally wrong. There are too many if's involved.

Agreed. Most the other posts here involve payback with someone you know. In her case is was an innocent stranger and totally not cool.

I know in the professional world in which I work, even if it was obvious I had been hacked, I would still have repercussions if an email like that came from my account. It could go from 'why was your email up' to 'what kind of people are you associating with that would do that to your email' and it can very easily cost someone their credibility.
This discussion has been closed.