Selfish/Shallow Reasons for losing weight?

Options

Replies

• kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I suppose many of my reasons for wanting to lose weightare shallow. Eh, whatever.
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what the OP said.
    I'm tired of being the fat friend. I'm tired of going out with my 5'1 118 lbs best friend and watching her get number after number when she doesn't want any of it and I'm the one that's so damn tired of being alone.
    I figure my sparkling personality must not be enough to get a number, I better go down a roll or two.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    Selfish and shallow? You bet! All through school I was the fat kid who no one (ie, girls) ever paid attention to, or paid negative attention to. Well, since that is about to change, I can pull out the old "screw you, how ya like me now?"
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...I really want to make people jealous from high school and college that I haven't seen it years that I kinda hated or especially the ones that may of picked on me in high school.
    Lets get a little more shallow...yes..SEX! I'm single, and when I was 265, sex isn' that big of an occurance, especially when your self esteem is at its lowest. Well my self esteem and definitively increasing, and I'm sure I'll be at my max once I hit 199...ohhhh the ONE-derland! And with that I would expect more sex to follow...

I'm honest! :)
    Well said, man! Well said indeed. :smile:
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Mine's a combination of both. At my heaviest, I hated myself so much. But it's also for stamina for training, and to avoid some health issues my family has history of. (:
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Darned spanky that I decided to lose the weight for selfish reasons. If they weren't, why would I do it???? I really miss eating all of that pizza and fast food. It was yummy! However, I didn't like the way my body looked. My physician was telling me I am in the obese category year after year, and I agreed with him. My reasons for losing the weight? I wanted to look slim again, and I wanted to wear those clothes that appealed to me, too. The extra bonus I got is that my husband now eyes me from across the room. That hasn't happened in a while, either. Is it selfish? Oh YEAH it is!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can't wear the fashions I like, because they don't look good on a heavier frame...
    I want to have guys do a double take when I walk by...not all of them, just some of them XD
    I want other girls at the club to be jealous cuz their guys are looking at me!

yes, I am a little vain ^^"
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Abso-freakin-lutely! If you're shallow and you know it clap your hands!

Clap clap :wink:
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    my selfish reason ... to look better than my ex-husband's new wife. That just motivates the hell out of me!
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    yeahh mine are pretty much ALL shallow

1. Done with being the "fat"/"chubs" friend
    2. I want to be able to "jump" with a nice *kitten* :laugh:
    3. Spending all of next summer in a bikini, unless I attempt alaska

and because I'm just vain =) health benefits to all this are a plus....after looking and feeling good
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    It's terrible but I'd probably have to admit that my most motivating reasons I lean on are the shallow/selfish ones- making friends & exes jealous, being attractive (though I'm very happily married & my husband has always told me I'm sexy), not being treated like a "stupid fat chick" by shop assistants when clothes shopping for clothes.
    When I'm struggling through a workout it's the thought of the look on an old friend's face when they see me again that gets me through the wall.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Where to start.. sick of having 5 different sizes of clothes hanging around taking up space so I have something to wear depending on what my weight is. I'm tired of having to fish boxes of the right sized clothes out of storage depending on whether my weight goes up or down.

I'm tired of packing 5 times the clothes I need when I go on vacation so when I get there I can try to decide which ones I look less fat in.

I'm very smart and a hard worker, and I'm tired of people assuming by looking at me that I'm lazy.

I'm tired of feeling out of shape and being overly exerted doing simple tasks like walking a block or going up a flight of stairs.

I don't want to worry about my skin not snapping back as I get older and it gets less elastic.

I'm single and I'd like to be in a relationship again eventually. I don't want to be with someone out of shape, so I can see why someone wouldn't want to be with me out of shape.

I would like to feel normal in a bathing suit and it doesn't have to be a bikini. However I freakin HATE those fat women bathing suits with the skirts around the bottom. I'll swim in clothes before I put on one of those god awful things.

I like doing active things like hiking, and I don't want to feel like I'm going to die.

I can probably think of more, but this is a good start. :ohwell:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has shallow reasons, who doesn't want to look good? I must admit mine is purely for shallow reasons. I am healthy as healthy can be. No high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, no high blood sugar, all of my tests from the doc say that I am very healthy even my good cholesterol is high. So I am an example of just wanting to do it to look good and I am not ashamed of it!!!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    LBD for me too. Always have had that idea. Even at 47. Yes I can and will get it. Peace!
  • medaud10
    Options
    Whatever the motivation for losing, a major benefit is still that you will be healthier.
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Is there something wrong with wanting to look good? I don't think so... btw - that is absolutely my #1 motivator...
  • SweetMe1
    SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll admit to a shallow reason. My main reason is for my health, BUT I also want to see the look on my sister-in-law's face when she sees that I'm thinner than she is. :devil: And it has nothing to do with age. Both of us are 62. :bigsmile:
  • BaileyKat52
    BaileyKat52 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    My reasons are totally shallow. I want to look good! Who doesn't? The health benefits are a wonderful side effect. I have better hair, better skin, I can walk the length of myself without being exhausted but I can honestly admit that I started this because I wanted to be HOT!!!
  • shanpwn
    shanpwn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My reasons are completely shallow. I've been healthy my entire life. Now I want to look good naked.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    lol I lost 173 pounds to get the guy :) ..... and it was worth it!.....now I feel like I USED him to look this good ;):laugh:

Dam I always miss out on picking up the hot chick

who me?????? tosses the guy to the side and waves frantically!