5 Questions About Your Divorce

Options

Replies

• moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably
    Yeah for the most part - were not friends and dont really talk to each other, generaly tryin to stay out of the others life.

2. Did you kill each other during the process
    tried very hard not to let things get out of hand and blow up even when it men avoiding her for months at a time. (her parents reciently finalized a nasty nasty divorce where both were blead dry financialy and emotionaly! wasent going to let that happen!)
    I actualy completed my entire divorce myself without any lawyer involvement. less than 350$ total!

3. Was the divorce due to cheating
    No

4. Do you regret your decision
    I wish i never needed to make the decesion, but it was likely the best one ive made in my life! and no I dont regret it at all!

5. Did you keep your married name?
    I did not give her the option to keep my name. She took back her maden name. (she liked it better anyway lol)
  • this1bigdog
    this1bigdog Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? I did, she didn't. is it amicable now? No
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? Pretty sure she thought about it..a lot...
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? Nope
    4. Do you regret your decision? Only cuz it's hard on my daughter
    5. Did you keep your married name? She didn't, she went back to her previous Ex-Husbands last name (weird right?)
  • AnswerintheSky
    Options
    1. Split amicably? We work at it mostly successfully.

2. Kill each other? (Hey, Guard. I'm not sure if my internet is working!)

3. Divorce due to cheating? No, it was a 30-year marriage of emotional (not physical) violence / abuse.

4. Regret decision? Not at all. Should have done it long ago. (Actually tried twice.)

5. Keep married name? Yes, for now. May go back to maiden name if my daughters marry and change their names.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    At first it seemed so. But he hated when I stood up for myself and up against him things got very nasty.

Yes. I used to have nightmares that he was coming after me with a butcher knife. I broke him though, he has never been in a successful relationship.

3. Was the divorce due to cheating/drug use/abuse/neglect
    Yes and No.

I regret marrying him in the first place. I was young, pregnant and his family pressured us.

5. Did you keep your married name? Until I remarried.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    My divorce went all the way to a trial.

I had a restraining order against him.

Abuse and found out later he was gay.

I forced him out and never looked back.

I could not change my married name fast enough.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? Sort of. He didn't blame me for leaving, but he was very hurt. I was sad, but was also really angry, disappointed, and relieved. The cops never had to get involved and we didn't have to hire lawyers so, yes, I guess.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? No, but I had to change my phone number and we aren't facebook friends anymore.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? Sort of. He admitted to cheating the prior year, but that was months before I made the final decision to leave and was amidst a long list of other unacceptable behaviors. Found out after it was over that he was only as loyal as his options.
    4. Do you regret your decision? No, best decision I had made regarding men in my life up to that point.
    5. Did you keep your married name? No, we didn't have kids together, and that would be the only way I would've considered it.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump. I like people's stories.
  • suckerlove
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably Not especially, we weren't killing each other but haven't kept in touch or anything
    2. Did you kill each other during the process When we were separated we lived in the same one bdrm apt so it was tense to say the least
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating Well there was cheating the cheating and divorce were due to other underlying issues
    4. Do you regret your decision never
    5. Did you keep your married name? i did until I remarried
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably.
    Hell no, he hates my guts.

2. Did you kill each other during the process?
    Yep

3. Was the divorce due to cheating?
    Due to his not working in 10 yrs, not sharing the little money he did earn, playing xbox all nite and "mommy is always right".

4. Do you regret your decision.
    Only due to separation from my children.

Hell no, and the jerk requested me to drop his name. umm ya right like im keeping some german name no one can pronounce LOL
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i have been divorced twice so i will do one for each:

first marriage(i was 16 yrs old)

1. Did you split amicably -yes
    2. Did you kill each other during the process-no
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating -no
    4. Do you regret your decision -no
    5. Did you keep your married name?no

second marriage:
    1. Did you split amicably -no
    2. Did you kill each other during the process -no
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating -no due to physical abuse
    4. Do you regret your decision -no
    5. Did you keep your married name?- for a little while but i eventually went back to my maiden name until i got married the third and last time.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm going through a separation now, but I'm not ready to answer these questions just yet.

It's inspiring to see that others have been going through similar situations as I am now, and lived. Thank you all for sharing.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? Not at first
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? Nope he didn't even know I filed until it was final
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? Nope abuse
    4. Do you regret your decision? Not at all because now I'm remarried to an amazing guy and have 2 children.
    5. Did you keep your married name? No I changed it to my maiden name then to my new married name.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably - for the most part, yes.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - Wanted to at some points, but over all it was pretty peaceful.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - No.
    4. Do you regret your decision - absolutely not.
    5. Did you keep your married name? Still have it but plan on changing it once the house is sold (hopefully within the month!!)
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably?
    No we did not split amicably. We left on very bitter terms. My ex husband and I dated for 2 years and were married for 2 years. 2 weeks after our 2 year wedding anniversary he asked for a divorce.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process?
    No but I was very seriously close. I loathe my ex husband, and Lord help me if I ever see him again cause something bad will happen.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating?
    Yes, my ex couldn't keep his **** in his pants and cheated on me with a 19 year old.
    4. Do you regret your decision?
    No if I had to do it all over again I wouldn't have married him. I can't tell you how many people were talking me out of marrying him on my wedding day, but like the moron that I am I went through with it. But I will say this I am 100% better off without him, now he is someone else's problem.
    Yes only because it costs so damn much to have my name changed back to my maiden name.
  • roberts1013
    roberts1013 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating

1. Not even close
    2. I wish I could have but didnt
    3. yes among other issues (him not me)
    4. Not for a second
    5. I did until I got remarried and then I changed my kids names too!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably - We moved out very fast and it was stressful, we weren't too nice to each other. Now, we are very nice and caring to each other for the most part.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - we were rushed to get it all done and were focused on our own needs. It was painful for us both.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - No, but boundaries not always being respected with the opposite sex did play a role.
    4. Do you regret your decision - every day. I shouldn't have signed the papers. I love him and hope every day we will reconcile, as well as fix our own issues.
    5. Did you keep your married name? I never took his. I planned to when we had an actual "wedding" which never happened. If we do reconcile, which I hope, I will definitely take his last name. If somehow, I end up with someone else, which I don't see happening as I believe I am supposed to be with Justin and I love him, then I would take that person's last name. But again... Justin is my partner for life. I feel like its him or no one but God.
  • fddc2cpa
    fddc2cpa Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? Sort of at first :brokenheart: , then NO :angry: , and then eventually we've remained friends. :smile:

2. Did you kill each other during the process? Almost, but we reined it back in. :explode:

3. Was the divorce due to cheating? No, although I did strongly suspect it on her part; but couldn't prove it 100% though. :noway:

4. Do you regret your decision? Absolutely not! Happily married 2 1/2 years later :love: , and a father now. :happy:

5. Did you keep your married name? Of course; she did too, but I wish she hadn't... :ohwell:
  • KiaCristal
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably No, I left him and he thought it would never happen. I've only talked to him through email once since we both signed the papers and I'm very happy about that.

2. Did you kill each other during the process He tried to kill me literally but figuratively no

3. Was the divorce due to cheating No he was abusive so I left

4. Do you regret your decision See above, NO

5. Did you keep your married name? I didn't change my name to begin with so I didn't have to change it back. Not that I'm thinking my current husband and I will get divorced but if we did I would keep his name because of our daughter.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Thu 10/04/12 12:48 PM

1. Did you split amicably - No, Yes, No....it didn't start out ok when we split, worked things back to ok and 3 years later...no
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - It was stressful
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - Ultimately no, but it happened (more than once)
    4. Do you regret your decision - Not one bit, never once looked back. Just wondered what took me so long. I feel comfortable knowing I did all i could do.
    5. Did you keep your married name? - Yes, mainly because we have 2 kids and it is a PITA to change it back. So for now it works for me.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? Yes and no.....long story. But, in the end we were both ready to let go.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? No, but only because he was in Iraq. ;)
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? Yes, multiple times on his behalf. But, there were other issues as well.
    4. Do you regret your decision? Absolutely not. I'm reassured of my decision nearly every day.
    5. Did you keep your married name? Yes, because we were moving shortly after the divorce and I didn't want the kids to get questioned about why their mommy had a different name (they had been through enough). I also didn't want to change it back to my maiden, just to change it again sometime down the road when I get married again.