2. Did you kill each other during the process ---- I wanted to
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating
    No, he was just a loser
    4. Do you regret your decision ---- Never
    5. Did you keep your married name? ---- Only until I married again
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably - Yes, although we were quite good at getting on each other's very last nerve. Then tap-dancing on it.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - No. We have a child and were determined to keep it civil.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - no, but he was bipolar and refused treatment, so there were lots of other issues.
    4. Do you regret your decision - not EVER.
    5. Did you keep your married name? I never took his in the first place. When I remarried (3 years later), I took my new husband's name. Since neither name matches my daughter's, it didn't seem as important - and just less hassle for at least 2 of us in the house to have the same name!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably
    2. Did you kill each other during the process
    4. Do you regret your decision
    5. Did you keep your married name?

1. Not so much at first, but now it's been years.
    2. Would've if I could've
    3. Yup!
    4. Not even slightly
    5. I did...my son and I share the name.
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? Pretty much
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? Nope. 3 previous separations gave us good practice. Didn't fight over anything.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? No.
    4. Do you regret your decision? I only regret not going through with it during the first split years earlier.
    5. Did you keep your married name? Never let it go.
  • BethY1967
    Options

1. For the most part
    2. No, we're still friends
    3. Yes
    4. Hell no
    5. Yes, pain in the *kitten* to change it back
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? I think we have, yes.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? Not yet.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? The way I see it, yes. She says she was unhappy for years and that was the reason. She still cheated though.
    4. Do you regret your decision? Only when I see our kids hurt because of it.
    5. Did you keep your married name? Yeah, I didn't change it.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably ...no
    2. Did you kill each other during the process ....he died after abusing his body for leaving his kids behind.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating...no drink/drugs
    4. Do you regret your decision ...no
    5. Did you keep your married name?...no, my kids and I all have my maiden name
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options

1. Yes, though there it was painful for both of us, we remained entirely civil and have rebuilt our friendship since.
    2. Nope, no way.
    3. Yes. I cheated... looking for some excitement and a way out, I guess.
    4. I don't regret the divorce, I truly regret cheating, and the subsequent relationship A LOT though.
    5. No, I took my Mother's maiden name actually, because I just like it.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably - Amicably enough. No real fighting or anything over the divorce.

2. Did you kill each other during the process. No, he tried to tell me he wanted custody of our son, but I put a stop to that one real quick.

3. Was the divorce due to cheating. Nope

4. Do you regret your decision- Absolutely not. I met and married my soul mate shortly after we split. It was the best decision I ever made. I was married at 18 to the first husband. I was 25 when I married my current husband 20 years ago.

5. Did you keep your married name? Yes, because my son had the same last name and it made it easier. Though I did change it when I married my current husband.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably?
    No. I asked for a divorce several times before it actually happened. He fought me tooth and nail until I paid him off to sign things the way I wanted.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process?
    See above. He fought me over EVERYTHING until I paid him off. I gave him $5K to just sign things the way I wanted.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating?
    I had suspicions he did, but that wasn't the specific reason why I asked for one.
    4. Do you regret your decision ?
    HELL NO!!! Best decision ever!
    I did at first because we have two kids together and I wanted to share a last name with them. But I have since gotten remarried, so I took my 2nd husband's name.
  • BaileyP3
    BaileyP3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Number 1

1. Did you split amicably - Yes,we married too young. We should have just lived together
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - Nope
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - No
    4. Do you regret your decision - No
    5. Did you keep your married name? Yes - for professional reasons

Number 2

1. Did you split amicably - It was strained. I was heartbroken, he was an *kitten*.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - No
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - Emotional cheating on his part
    4. Do you regret your decision - I regret that we got together
    5. Did you keep your married name? Yup....once again professional reasons.
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably? No he had a hard time with it.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process? No we love eachother to much, he will always be my best friend
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating? No I was just unhappy being married. We got married way to young.
    4. Do you regret your decision? Dont know. I miss my best friend and it hurts to see him cry
    5. Did you keep your married name? Yes
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Do installed keystroke loggers on my computer, hacked into my email and bank history, and had his father break into my house so...uhm...no.

Some days I thought he would.

Yup.

I don't regret anything.

No way.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll play

1. Did you split amicably: No. I packed up and left without him knowing one day (long story involving drug abuse).
    2. Did you kill each other during the process: I dreamed about it often. He was strung out and psychotic, so it was not fun. Luckily he is now clean and I can get along with him.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating: No, but a week later he had a girl living with him.
    4. Do you regret your decision: HELL NO. I might literally be dead if I hadn't left him. Now I have the person I should have been with all those years
    5. Did you keep your married name? Nope, although I do need a new license.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably: No, it was a case of verbal abuse and control

2. Did you kill each other during the process: No, I made sure to advise my lawyer on his issues and never had to come face to face with him and had to calm him down by going to the police for impersonating me to get personal stuff. We had no contact except through lawyers.

3. Was the divorce due to cheating No

4. Do you regret your decision : Never, it was the best thing I did for myself

5. Did you keep your married name? in my province you can't change your name, you can hyphen for 250$ which i've never done
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll play

1. Did you split amicably: No. I packed up and left without him knowing one day (long story involving drug abuse).
    2. Did you kill each other during the process: I dreamed about it often. He was strung out and psychotic, so it was not fun. Luckily he is now clean and I can get along with him.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating: No, but a week later he had a girl living with him.
    4. Do you regret your decision: HELL NO. I might literally be dead if I hadn't left him. Now I have the person I should have been with all those years

Seems close to what I had to deal with, he was obsessive compulsive with paranoia and using drugs. Never will have contact with him again. And he had a gf 3 weeks after I left (and during that time, he was still trying to harass me)
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll play

Seems close to what I had to deal with, he was obsessive compulsive with paranoia and using drugs. Never will have contact with him again. And he had a gf 3 weeks after I left (and during that time, he was still trying to harass me)

Yeah, not fun is it? Only almost dying and detox got him clean. I'm really glad he did for his kid's sake. Drug addicts are a special kind of crazy when they're in it bad.
  • FitTchr
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably- good grief no, he threatened to chop off my head with a spade

2. Did you kill each other during the process - it was vile, horrible, cost an effing fortune and he was an *kitten*, fought for the sake of it and told me he didn't care how much it cost him as he knew it would cost me money and that is what he wanted, it cost me almost £60,000 (60000 British pounds sterling = 96984.0000 US dollars)

3. Was the divorce due to cheating - no, he was an *kitten*, I did cheat in the end and he divorced me for it after fighting my divorcing him for being a n *kitten*, no one cheats in a good marriage.

4. Do you regret your decision - lmao....ummmmm......NO

5. Did you keep your married name? I did until I married again, but only because of the children

People do cheat in good marriages-- marriages that they treasure-- some people will never be happy with enough attention, it's called sexual addiction and has nothing to do with the state of the marriage and/or their partner.
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably - not in the beginning. It got ugly. We fought over everything. But now we are friends and invite each other to family parties.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process - Yes, it was very bitter.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating - Yes
    4. Do you regret your decision - Not at all. We are better friends than a couple. Nice guy, I just couldn't live with him.
    5. Did you keep your married name? - No I went back to my maiden name
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    1. Did you split amicably?
    No. I had been asking for a divorce for a long time, and he refused. He finally agreed to move out, but not before clearing out our entire house of EVERYTHING ( furniture, dishes, ect ). Small price to pay to have the mf'er gone.
    2. Did you kill each other during the process?
    He fought me on EVERYTHING. He had a legal aide lawyer since he had no job. He didn't care, it wasn't his money that was being wasted.
    3. Was the divorce due to cheating?
    I had no physical proof, only speculation but that's only one of the MANY reasons we split.
    4. Do you regret your decision?
    Not at all other than it didn't happen soon enough.
    I did at first because we had two kids together. I have since remarried and taken a different last name.