Are men wired to cheat...?

Options

Replies

• solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If we were wired to cheat I would have cheated by now...

...it's about your moral code.
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The answer's yes. I took a couple of red ones from the bank when playing monopoly last Christmas. I didn't have to, but i just couldnt help myself.

It's not my fault! I'm wired to be this way!

Greatest. Answer. Ever.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Pretty sure Patti didn't insult me in any way. In fact, I know her, and know she didn't. So...do you have anything of worth to contribute? :wink:
    I think Boom was meaning that toward the poster who suggests we're like animals. I pointed out that 2 birds or 2 of any other animal have never married and professed their monogamous love for one another, so how can they "cheat"?

She quoted our posts, so I assumed it was towards me. If I'm wrong, my bad. :tongue:

yes it was totally not about you my bad ive had wine :)
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wired to cheat? Highly doubtful. But I have been cheated on once by my soon to be ex husband, once by the guy before that, and three times by the guy before that *scratches head*

Maybe I'm wired to be cheated on lmao....
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No, I never have, and even though I am attracted to other women regardless of who I am, it is not within me to cheat, while in a relationship. It is something that is an individual thing, be it a woman or a man.
  • Jonesie86
    Options
    no they aren't wired to cheat and neither are women...there are just certain things you need to do with your partner in order for them no to stray

I'm pretty sure I met the requirements in my marriage:

Cooking, cleaning, laundry, all shopping, all errands, gardening, chopping and stacking wood, cleaning out the cars, up at 4am making his lunch, dealt with all things kid related, paying bills, more than fulfilled the sex quota...the list goes on. All he had to do was go to work and come home.

And it STILL happened to me. So if your partner is a dip$hit, you're still outta luck! Hahaha ;)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Wired to cheat? Highly doubtful. But I have been cheated on once by my soon to be ex husband, once by the guy before that, and three times by the guy before that *scratches head*

And all 3 were out of their minds...
  • Jonesie86
    Options

:blushing:
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    no they aren't wired to cheat and neither are women...there are just certain things you need to do with your partner in order for them no to stray

Cooking, cleaning, laundry, all shopping, all errands, gardening, chopping and stacking wood, cleaning out the cars, up at 4am making his lunch, dealt with all things kid related, paying bills, more than fulfilled the sex quota...the list goes on. All he had to do was go to work and come home.

And it STILL happened to me. So if your partner is a dip$hit, you're still outta luck! Hahaha ;)

I already know you are a fantastic person and i'm sure you were an amazing partner, but maybe you done too much..hmmm
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options

absolutely dead on 100% correct :-)
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think almost every has cheated once in their lives. I am not going to lie, I have. I think my sister is the only woman I have who hasn't cheated atleast once is my sister. The problem is when there is a strong habit of cheating. At least that is my opinion.
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I think almost every has cheated once in their lives. I am not going to lie, I have. I think my sister is the only woman I have who hasn't cheated at least once is my sister. The problem is when there is a strong habit of cheating. At least that is my opinion.

I would disagree. I have never cheated, not even considered it when I was in a relationship. But maybe most do, you could be right.
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I think almost every has cheated once in their lives. I am not going to lie, I have. I think my sister is the only woman I have who hasn't cheated at least once is my sister. The problem is when there is a strong habit of cheating. At least that is my opinion.

I would disagree. I have never cheated, not even considered it when I was in a relationship. But maybe most do, you could be right.

That is why I said most. I, myself, have only done it once. I know I should have ended it, but I thought I would try the "if he can do it so can I" which was stupid. I was just being honest.
  • LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Fun Fact - mallards do actually mate for life. :)

"Cheating" is a societal construct, though. I personally do not feel it's "natural" for people to be monogamous. Besides, the term "cheating" is relative.
    I guess I'm just not clear on what you're saying. My understanding is that cheating in this context is having sex outside of a committed relationship. In that context, I cannot understand how we can be "wired"to cheat because we are equal to all animals. I've never seen 2 birds get married and profess their love to one another. Being in a committed relationship is a moral choice, so to cheat is also a moral choice.

oooh burn!

Pretty sure Patti didn't insult me in any way. In fact, I know her, and know she didn't. So...do you have anything of worth to contribute? :wink:
  • BBehnke84
    BBehnke84 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Yes. Both men and women are 'wired' to cheat. HOWEVER, it takes brains to overcome those 'animal instincts' and make a choice to cheat or not to cheat. Hence, you can gauge one's intelligence by the probability of them cheating.

Men and women who cheat are less intelligent than the ones who don't (yes I realize that this might piss a lot of people off, but it's the truth).

Watch this documentary (the whole thing)... it explains EVERYTHING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA6nBS-KHEc

Welp, this explains my ex cheating on me lmao
  • BBehnke84
    Options

Lmao AMEN! God I'm so with you on that one
  • BBehnke84
    Options

Word, truest words on this thread
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    No
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Never heard that one, actually...men are no more wired to cheat than women....depends on the person, not the gender

^ I agree with this comment 100%. I hate when people make a blanket comment that all men cheat. Not true. Just like, not all women are faithful. You have to take each case on an individual basis.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I dunno. There is the biology argument of spreading your genetic code and all that crap. There might be a little bit of truth in it. I'd also say there is a lot of truth in just being a ****.

Most of the people I've know who cheated were women and bragged about how easy it was. I think just in general human beings suck.

Not long ago I had a woman offer to go back to her place in the same conversation she mentioned her Man was out of town. I declined. Men hurt each other all the time and don't know it.