Why are you here if your not logging food ??

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    but instead got all the women who just like to talk ;-)
    Id log it as sick to my stomach

Why don't we talk about what's really bothering you? Clearly you're angry and looking to lash out. It happens.

Pull up a seat. Everyone needs a little couch time now and then.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Many people have logged for such a long time in the past, that they no longer feel the need to. They now can eat well without logging and still reach their goals. Usually they stay because they enjoy the social aspect of the site.

Some people have never logged, and use the site purely for the social aspect, and talking about fitness.

I do log, and am trying to gain (the right way) so you're more than welcome to look at my diary - for me though, while the main reason for using this site is the food log, I also find the social aspect a huge part and probably the reason why I've been on here for so long!
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I am here for Boobie Fridays.
    Why am I just hearing about this .
    TGIBF tomorrow =)
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I don't log food as much unless I feel the need to check to see if I'm overdoing it or just to see how many calories are in my beer.

that and for the douche training I get reading the forums :drinker:
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    this is great!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    To honestly answer your question... I have time to log food at work aaand the meals are a lot less complex... I'd rather spend my home time with my family, as once I go back to a submarine I'll see the people I work with 10x as much as I do my family. I know about how much I'm eating, and adjust my estimates accordingly..

My main focus right now is the exercise portion. I'm horrible at keeping a paper log of what I do, so this helps me with that aspect.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Looks around at these people who sit in the forums all and wait for something to talk about <.>... haha way to fix my rainy day off work with your o so important thoughts ;-) .... with no rel answers ;-) AND THANK YOU FOR THE FEW WHO ACTUALLY ANSWERED MY QUESTION
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Does my question even relate to any of you???? Or are you just as bored as I am ;-)

.. Was trying to see some healthy diarys for some of these guys trying to gain correctly but to many empty diarys.... are you just here so you can take shirtless pics and not feel like a tool like you would if you had them on facebook? whats the deal! ... maybe you missed that part ;-)

Then how about creating a topic "Looking for dudes that log food regularly"

Would have been much more effective. :drinker:

Yeah but less fun... :happy:

That is true! :laugh:
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options

that and for the douche training I get reading the forums :drinker:

Is there a douche marathon??? :noway:
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    be friends only with yourself if you want perfection
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Wasting time.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    So based on your vast analysis of the website, you've determined there are only 2 functions:1)Log calories and 2)Post picture. I'd like to inform you that there are many other functions and uses. Also, just because you don't see a full log, doesn't mean that a person doesn't log. I logged daily for 6 months and after establishing good habits I've tried to do without it. It's kind of a pain in the *kitten* to log everything. If I find it's counter-productive, I'll start logging again. There are many people who log for a while and try without it or just log some days of the week.

This site offers a lot of support. Sometimes good advice, depending on who you take it from. It lets you look calories up on food if you're curious. Just because I want to know how many calories are in the food I just ate, doesn't mean I have to record them. Etc.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The reason I'm not logging is that it was causing me to be obsessive...to the point where it was consuming my life and I felt like it was starting to bring back an old border-line eating disorder. Go back a month or 2 (or 3) in my diary and you'll see that I was eating extremely clean, very high protein, etc. I've lost "friends" on here because I've stopped logging my food. But I don't care about that. It's more important to ME that I don't bring back old bad habits. I'll eventually start logging again, but I don't know when that will be. My true friends here will stick with me through it.

Same here: I stopped logging because it was getting absurd to the point that I was basically obsessing over every little thing and I HAD TO LOG IT ALL. Including working out. So I stopped for a couple of months. Does this affect anyone else? No. Should it? Um... it's up to them. I don't give a damn, to be honest.

I use MFP for support - it has helped take me from being obese to being healthy; and from making poor choices in food to good choices. It's inspiring to see people succeed; it is for people who want to succeed but don't know how and need that help. Maybe some people just really don't want to log their food - is that your business? Are they your best friend or a close friend? No. So don't obsess over what someone else eats. If you must obsess, do it to yourself. If you REALLY WANT TO KNOW what someone else is eating, why don't you simply ASK?
  • MFPBONNIE
    MFPBONNIE Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I think he meant this post to be for men only. I'm feeling a Slightly negative vibe about women in general, especially about women being on here "just to talk".
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    are you just here so you can take shirtless pics and not feel like a tool like you would if you had them on facebook? whats the deal!
    I'm sorry. Were we really supposed to take this seriously? My bad.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Does it make you angry if their diary is private and they didn't put all of their food information out there for others to see?
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I see so many people on here that log on everyday, comment and talk about eating right, yet I check there diary's and they never log there food, but have it all set up like they planned on logging food.... Was trying to see some healthy diarys for some of these guys trying to gain correctly but to many empty diarys.... are you just here so you can take shirtless pics and not feel like a tool like you would if you had them on facebook? whats the deal!

I think the real question is.... why does anyone get a tattoo on their back? It's not like they can even see it without a mirror.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    but instead got all the women who just like to talk ;-)
    Id log it as sick to my stomach

Why don't we talk about what's really bothering you? Clearly you're angry and looking to lash out. It happens.

Pull up a seat. Everyone needs a little couch time now and then.

just bored off work rainy day or maybe im just lonely and need some attention? you tell me bro
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Some would ask why am I here if I dont work out every day. Ehhh.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    What's it to you? What is the impact on your life?

knew there would be some stupid responses ... anymore? XD

Stupid threads illicit stupid responses.