Why are you here if your not logging food ??

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I neither fit into the demographic you're looking for, nor do I normally chat around here... but I saw this and was also curious why someone would be here and not log what they're doing. I saw the high school banter and had to chime in.

"Make fun of all the smart people with creative thought process and philosophic questioning!!! They should be ignorant like us!" Is this really how people want to live?

Have a nice life. That was exhausting to read.

some people amaze me .... i bet all your 11,484 post had absolutely no thought behind them ;-)

Why are you so concerned with how many posts people have?

As for grammar not mattering, this is a written form of communication and if people can't understand what you're trying to say because you don't communicate well in the written form, that's a problem.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Empty logging just shows no determination on your part and isn't motivating people on your friends list. :)

I disagree. What do you say to the person who has become obsessive over it to the point that an eating disorder develops?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I love all the women defending a guy who basically told them to shut their mouths 3 pages back...

You'll forgive a hot guy anything, won't you ladies?
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I neither fit into the demographic you're looking for, nor do I normally chat around here... but I saw this and was also curious why someone would be here and not log what they're doing. I saw the high school banter and had to chime in.

"Make fun of all the smart people with creative thought process and philosophic questioning!!! They should be ignorant like us!" Is this really how people want to live?

some people amaze me .... i bet all your 11,484 post had absolutely no thought behind them ;-)

As for grammar not mattering, this is a written form of communication and if people can't understand what you're trying to say because you don't communicate well in the written form, that's a problem.

Are you kiddin' me right now? Communication must not have been a problem for you whatsoever if you were capable of understanding what he said enough to comment.. (that goes for everyone else, as well.)
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I KNOW!!! WTH?? lol i feel soo bad logging in when im bad, but i do it anyways.. its the only way i can hold myself accountable for all the crap i eat!.... and my diary is public so i would like suggestions and ideas on my meals.. just like id like to look at someone else's and get an idea of what healthy eating is like.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Some people are so ridiculous. If he wants to ask a question, you can answer it with your opinion without bringing up irrelevant matters. It's MFP, grammar isn't being graded, get over yourself.

Furthermore I do agree with people committing fully to the site! If you sign up and set goals for yourself, whether it's exercise, or food (calorie intake, etc) then you should do your best to update them, and if you don't just make your diary private! Empty logging just shows no determination on your part and isn't motivating people on your friends list. :)

Although I love the people on my friends list...I am not doing this for them. If you are annoyed by someone not logging...delete them and find friends that fit your specifications.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I stopped logging my food here when my therapist clued me into the fact that it was causing me way more anxiety than the actual diet and exercise. I had to find a compromise to stay with the diet without doing further damage to myself and my life.

I stay here because I learn things on the forums, I still track my exercise, and the food database is great when I need to look up something that's not part of my regular diet (like today's Starbucks coffee cake).

I honestly don't understand why my blank diary bothers so many people. And when you close it all you get are people wondering why it's closed and what you're hiding. It's a no win situation.
  • jbaca9602
    jbaca9602 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

It doesn't take a lot of thinking to be here. You'll see.

Well, I'm glad you've found a forum that's not too tough on you. Sorry about the big words tiring you out. *pats head*
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I love all the women defending a guy who basically told them to shut their mouths 3 pages back...

Who's the hot guy who told all the ladies to shut their mouths? I miss everything! time to put the glasses on and go look for him
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Are you kiddin' me right now? Communication must not have been a problem for you whatsoever if you were capable of understanding what he said enough to comment.. (that goes for everyone else, as well.)
    Actually, it seems most people in this thread grossly misunderstood what he was saying in his first post.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    If you don't log the days you eat like crap you don't gain weight cause it ain't in your log. Duh!

emoticon_shocked.gif How come no one told me this before now. Crap! I have been doing it wrong. kickcan.gif
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    It's not any of your business, but, I don't expect to have to log my calories every day for the rest of my life, but right now I do, for me - not for you. I tried to take some time off from it and I backslid. Meh... it happens, I guess I wasn't ready. I'm back at it, but it doesn't concern you. That's why my diary is set for friends only...
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Who's the hot guy who told all the ladies to shut their mouths? I miss everything! time to put the glasses on and go look for him

I'll save you the trip.
    BY FAR THE BEST ANSWER I GOT AND MORE OF WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR,,,,, but instead got all the women who just like to talk ;-)

If that ain't a way of saying "shutup ladies there are men talking here" than I don't know a misogynist when I see one.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    It's not any of your business, but, I don't expect to have to log my calories every day for the rest of my life, but right now I do, for me - not for you. I tried to take some time off from it and I backslid. Meh... it happens, I guess I wasn't ready. I'm back at it, but it doesn't concern you. That's why my diary is set for friends only...

i guess you thought i was calling YOU out!!! relax and breathe ....
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    The reason I'm not logging is that it was causing me to be obsessive...to the point where it was consuming my life and I felt like it was starting to bring back an old border-line eating disorder. Go back a month or 2 (or 3) in my diary and you'll see that I was eating extremely clean, very high protein, etc. I've lost "friends" on here because I've stopped logging my food. But I don't care about that. It's more important to ME that I don't bring back old bad habits. I'll eventually start logging again, but I don't know when that will be. My true friends here will stick with me through it.

That's good for you, and I'm sure everybody here (even original poster) would commend you on that because clearly you did it to better yourself. But I think he was just asking "why", not saying that you're doing it wrong.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    If you wanted advice on what to eat you could have posted that question instead of looking like the jerk that you turned out to be.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    While I think 99% of the people on this site should be logging, I do think there are people who don't need to - they have good eating habits and don't need to monitor every single calorie.

Isn't that the ultimate goal anyways? To have good habits, a good "relationship" with food/eating, and to have a decent workout routine so that we don't have to log on a daily basis? Sure, maybe log for a few days every couple of months to check yourself, or to figure out the nutrition info on a new recipe, but ultimately aren't we all striving to not have to log?

Personally, I log about 50% of the time. Certain foods that are the staple of my diet I don't worry about. When when I'm not eating my normal foods, or when I'm changing my calorie goals (bulking, cutting, racing, etc), then I'll log to make sure I am where I want to be.

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    How dare you try to learn more about humanity!
    You're giving his original post too much credit. He's already admitted that he did it just because he's bored. Really. He's really not sitting around trying to learn more about humanity.
  • tashjs21
    Options
    While I think 99% of the people on this site should be logging, I do think there are people who don't need to - they have good eating habits and don't need to monitor every single calorie.

Isn't that the ultimate goal anyways? To have good habits, a good "relationship" with food/eating, and to have a decent workout routine so that we don't have to log on a daily basis? Sure, maybe log for a few days every couple of months to check yourself, or to figure out the nutrition info on a new recipe, but ultimately aren't we all striving to not have to log?

Personally, I log about 50% of the time. Certain foods that are the staple of my diet I don't worry about. When when I'm not eating my normal foods, or when I'm changing my calorie goals (bulking, cutting, racing, etc), then I'll log to make sure I am where I want to be.

:drinker:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the hotties and to make fun of people who can't spell or use punctuation.