Ladies, How do I show my wife I love her?

Options

Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    1. Do the dishes
    2. Put the seat down and do not pee on it.
    3. Agree, does not matter if you don't.
    4. See attractive woman on street, make critism about her to the wife.

Thats a starter program

OMG! THIS^^^

Oh ya because A relationship based on a lie is a good thing. Oh ya I agree honey. Tell her the truth even if it hurts. Complete honest straightforward communication is key
  • CarmenLynn75
    CarmenLynn75 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her? What would you want most from your husband? Any suggestions?

Listen to her to find out her love language. Does she feel loved when given gifts? When you do something for her such as a household chore? When you affirm her verbally of your love and her accomplishments? Does she value quality time spent with you the most? Find out what would matter most to her and then do it- and make her laugh too :)

Best wishes and hats off to you for asking- she has quite the catch!
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her? What would you want most from your husband? Any suggestions?
    Why don't you ask HER instead of asking us?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Surprise her, do something she wouldn't expect you to do
    ATM?
  • lncgurley
    lncgurley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    ask her ;) Such a wonderful question. Ask her, every woman is different and I would be surprised if she didn't treasure the fact you asked!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Just give her a big kiss and a hug when she walks in the door and say you missed her and she will feel loved.
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Just note by your question alone, you have reminded so many women why they truly love their own husbands.

And you reminded some why they need to be divorced.

My hope is that I also educated some husbands.
  • missalissa772001
    missalissa772001 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Communicate and to bring her out for date nights!! Show her that she is special. Just give her a hug or a kiss for no reason at all. Be romantic!! Just love her!!! I could go on for paragraphs and paragraphs but I will not.

YES Communicate!! we need to know your wanting us and not looking for some one else. Do things with her to make her feel special!! Just be there for her. Nothing says I love you more then just being there and not trying to get out of everything she wants to do or has planned!!
  • jenneal89
    jenneal89 Posts: 243
    Options
    I have this problem with my husband. I can tell you what would make me happier:

The looks that say "I need you" or "I want you"
    To have a compliment everyday, like, you look beautiful, dinner was amazing, you are a great wife, things like that.
    The occasional sweet note, thinking of you, I love you, can't wait to hold you when I get home, miss you already, etc.
    Touching, not necessarily sexual, but, caressing, like when she's cooking and you just walk up and put your arms around her, or the occasional hand hold, hand on the knee, etc.
    I kiss and an I love you everyday, and not at certain times, randomly, just out of no where, then it doesn't seem like habit.
    Gifts are pretty low on my list, but the occasional flower is nice.

Hope this helps.

This!!^^
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    THE FIVE LOVE LANGUAGES by Gary Chapman!!!! This book is one that everyone should read. It tells about how different people understand love in different ways, and you have to show them in a way they understand, speak her language. Read the book. :-)
  • victorialeehyde
    Options
    I have this problem with my husband. I can tell you what would make me happier:

The looks that say "I need you" or "I want you"
    To have a compliment everyday, like, you look beautiful, dinner was amazing, you are a great wife, things like that.
    The occasional sweet note, thinking of you, I love you, can't wait to hold you when I get home, miss you already, etc.
    Touching, not necessarily sexual, but, caressing, like when she's cooking and you just walk up and put your arms around her, or the occasional hand hold, hand on the knee, etc.
    I kiss and an I love you everyday, and not at certain times, randomly, just out of no where, then it doesn't seem like habit.
    Gifts are pretty low on my list, but the occasional flower is nice.

Hope this helps.
    ^^ You are so right! You hit the nail on the head with this one :)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    it looks like somoene beat me to this :-)
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Not to sound offensive, but, if you need advice on how to show your wife that you love her, you're doing something wrong.

Being a good guy is usually enough. That includes

listening
    conversing intelligently
    taking an interest in what they care about/enjoy
    being sporadic
    being honest
    be respectful

This is what I can compile in 30 sec.
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I was also going to mention the 5 love languages. Not necessarily even to read the book, but google them for the gist of what they are, and try to remember from past attempts what she really received well. They key is to love her the way SHE wants to be loved, not the way you would like to be loved. My husband does "acts of service" (meaning he does things around the house, etc.) to support me, when what I would prefer is for him to just say he's proud of me or knows I'm working hard ("words of appreciation"). Not that I don't appreciate what he does, but it isn't the language that speaks to me. Some ladies feel like a queen when they get flowers, some secretly think "waste of money." So do an experiment: try a thing or two from each language and see what she responds best to. Then you will know she is feeling what you are trying to convey.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm not a woman and I don't know about that jesus stuff, but if you love your wife and want to give her what she wants then I'll tell you exactly what she wants; multiple orgasms, plain and simple. They'll talk your ear off about trust and honesty and communication, but in the end, if you can't deliver the goods, she'll find some cougar bait who will. Nothing is wrong with a little bit of lust. Lust brings people together to make babies. Love keeps them together so they don't get eaten by lions. My advice, jackhammer your woman gleefully hard, then do some nice pillow talk afterwards. Forget about god this and jesus that for an hour and do some of the devil's work.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    Random notes, kinda make her look for them .. my love always does this. :love:
    Listen
    Consider her feelings.
    Tell her how much she means to you..

Or just bring home an extra pu$$y... Stir *kitten* up.. :tongue:
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Was working in a fast food restaurant and an elderly man stopped me and said as his wife was walking toward us IS SHE NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN YOU'VE EVER SEEN...I learned they had been married over 45 years and to him when she was in the room no else existed. It brought tears to my eyes to see two people so in Love. I'd say he made her feel safe in his love for her EVERY DAY......
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Was working in a fast food restaurant and an elderly man stopped me and said as his wife was walking toward us IS SHE NOT THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN YOU'VE EVER SEEN...I learned they had been married over 45 years and to him when she was in the room no else existed. It brought tears to my eyes to see two people so in Love. I'd say he made her feel safe in his love for her EVERY DAY......
    QFT
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Women posting that you expect your husband to open doors, tell you that you are pretty, help you with housework that YOU typically do..What do YOU do for your husbands to show THEM that you love them?

As a woman, I see this double standard. Women expecting lots of love and favors from their husband but apart from daily living, do nothing special for their man.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Women posting that you expect your husband to open doors, tell you that you are pretty, help you with housework that YOU typically do..What do YOU do for your husbands to show THEM that you love them?

As a woman, I see this double standard. Women expecting lots of love and favors from their husband but apart from daily living, do nothing special for their man.

I thank my husband for those thiings, but honestly, only because he thanks me. I wish he wouldn't. it's thanking to just do what my job normally is. I don't want/need him telling me I am pretty all the time or saying he loves me all the time- either. actions speak louder than words.

today, I had my boys put the metal bench on the front porch for my husband. I do NOT want it there, I think it needs to be relagated to the shed- but he likes it and wanted it there- so we did that for him. * does that count? and, I don't want/need thanks, but would ike to know he at least notices it there and that we put it there... if that makes sense.

The washer/dryer were in my way for an indoor greenhouse I wanted to put up.I moved them myself. I don't need himm to do things I can do- esp if it means waiting. I can do it myself.
    (but my surgery incision is starting to hurt a bit, so maybe I should have waited for him on that one)