Ladies, How do I show my wife I love her?

Options

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Instead of continually falling short of what she needs//expects (like you stated was the reason for asking)- don't ask us. Ask her. every woman is different. For example- I do NOT like hours of conversation or gifts and trinkets or going to dinnner and a movie--- but many wives do. I do like chocolates though, like most.
    B-)
  • erinfog
    erinfog Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    - tell her she looks beautiful
    - surprise her with her favorite flowers
    - get her a book or magazine subscription about something you know she is interested in
    - pick up small things that you know she would like

for me, it's all about being thoughtful.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    d_in_a_box.gif
    1. cut a hole in a box
    2. put your junk in that box
    3. make her open the box

or show her "the helicopter" \m/
  • sbedzyk
    sbedzyk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Like the church, pray for her, support her, spend time with her, listen to her, think about her and help her. It's the small things. I would say that most wives like to have their husband fully engaged, instead of just doing 1 or 2 things to "satisfy" their husbandly duty and then disengage.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Listen. Pay attention to her. If she gets a new hair cut, compliment her. Tell her she looks beautiful. Every morning my husband sends me an e-mail starting with "Hello Gorgeous". You don't have to do something HUGE (unless she's that kind of person). All the little things count. Stuff like my husband buying me my favorite chocolate milk on my birthday. Or he remembers what kind of flowers we had in our wedding, so he sends those to me every year on our anniversary.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    ROMANCE ! :bigsmile:

and talking to her,listening to her,complementing her,lots of cuddles,you and her time,you her a bottle of wine,cuddled on a rug in front of a fire or a hot bath together and a lovley massage after(in all the right places):blushing: lol
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My husband makes me feel loved, and yes, even adored almost every day. One of the main ways is that he writes me sweet little notes all the time (at least 3-4 days/wk) and leaves them in various places throughout the house - or on the seat of the car where they will surprise me. He is a very "manly" man, but has such a tender side - will tear up in movies, when listening to words of certain songs, when expressing his love for me and our family. In short, he shares ALL of himself with me and does not fear showing his emotions. All of this touches me to the core and I just love him more and more as the years go by. (We've been married for 28). So great of you to ask this question and to want to show your wife more love!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    holeinabox.jpg
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    1. Do the dishes
    2. Put the seat down and do not pee on it.
    3. Agree, does not matter if you don't.
    4. See attractive woman on street, make critism about her to the wife.

Thats a starter program

and if ytou have kids make sure you help out a lot and take them off her hands for a while
  • kpnive
    kpnive Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    1. cut a hole in a box...

nice
  • sweetiecake
    sweetiecake Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS MAKE TIME FOR HER.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Tell her that you love her often and tell her that's she's beautiful almost as often.
  • moonshadows72
    moonshadows72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    the simplest and best way to make any woman feel loved, is:

Take a moment every day to find a way to make her feel SPECIAL!.
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can hardly keep up. I gotta read all these suggestions.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Give her the high, hard one. Always works for me...
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    First find out what she needs to feel loved. Is it physical affection? (That's mine.) Is it compliments? Is it quality time? Is it little gifts or perhaps doing things for her like chores? Figure out which of these it is and capitalize on it. It'll work. Trust me.
  • laura_lynn66
    Options
    Depends what her "love language" is..

some women like words of affirmation "you are beautiful..I love you, etc.
    some like acts of service like making dinner or unloading the dishwasher
    some like "gifts".......... just litle thougtful gifts
    some like physical affection..an unexpected hug, etc.

there's one more..I can't remember it...however, CAUTION with any advice I give..I'm divorced!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Buy the book 5 love languages

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/

Love her the way she need to be loved. There is no one size fit all here. For me Acts of Service is my love language.........for my bf is it physical touch. If I love him the way I want to be loved....it won't work because we do not speak the same love language.

^^ THIS! ^^ Helped my marriage SO much- understanding what it took to make the other person feel loved.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Read the 5 love Languages to figure out what hers is and then do it. Everyone is different.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Dishes
    Picking up after self
    Listening to her
    Send her sweet text messages/emails/little notes
    Cuddles, without expecting sex
    Back and foot rubs, again, without expecting sex
    And if she does happen to want the sex, go for it, and make sure she's as pleased in the end as you are