Ladies, How do I show my wife I love her?

Options

Replies

• ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    5 things I need:
    1) be an active participant in my life...listen to me. Really listen, not just head nod
    2) affection, touching
    3) take me somewhere interesting...NOT the movies and dinner
    4) compliments...just notice when I actually took the time to look extra nice
    5) surprise me every once and awhile
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I would tell you, but seeing as you're a religious man, I doubt it's something you would consider.
  • SabrinaAbney
    Options
    "Date" her all over again. Have a date night just the two of you. remember what it was like when you first started seeing each other and treat her like you did then. My husband and I have a place we like to go just the two of us (we have four kids) for an overnight getaway. we go out to eat. I sit in the middle of the truck seat close to him. we hold hands. just little looks that say I Love You. that kind of thing like when we were 18 all over again.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I would tell you, but seeing as you're a religious man, I doubt it's something you would consider.

You can tell me instead.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I also love my fiancee as well. He's pretty good at saying I love you, gives me those hugs and kisses. I would agree with some of have said on here..help her out around the house more, take some the load off. My fiancee does a couple of things, but I wish he could help me out more. I usually do more of cooking at night, dishes, laundry, and sometimes the shopping, going to some food drives when school takes over..etc. Also, little bits of suprises also help..maybe a day trip somewhere, future vacations, a romantic date night..have fun, and good luck!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    A compliment now and then, surprise gestures like cooking dinner sometimes, inexpensive gifts (it used to be chocolate but the last one was a bag of grapes) and a cuddle when I'm not expecting it. Show an interest in her hobbies, listen when she talks to you, and I mean listen like you are expecting a test afterwards. Go for a walk together, spend quality time together. Do I sound really high maintenance now?
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself in the ways that are unique to you. I love it when my husband does something that is unique to himself and is very human and maybe a little bit funny.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My husband makes me feel loved, and yes, even adored almost every day. One of the main ways is that he writes me sweet little notes all the time (at least 3-4 days/wk) and leaves them in various places throughout the house - or on the seat of the car where they will surprise me. He is a very "manly" man, but has such a tender side - will tear up in movies, when listening to words of certain songs, when expressing his love for me and our family. In short, he shares ALL of himself with me and does not fear showing his emotions. All of this touches me to the core and I just love him more and more as the years go by. (We've been married for 28). So great of you to ask this question and to want to show your wife more love!

This is awesome!! Congrats as you are a lucky woman!
  • McGruber03
    Options
    My husband and I have been together for 9 years, married for almost 7. Of course we love each other, but we also like each other and have fun together. We are in our 30s and we go hiking, walking, concerts, etc. And in everyday life, it really is the little things that count. We both have our own chores that we do, but if I do his (take out the trash, kitty litter), he notices and says "thank you". But even when I do my own chores (laundry, dust, etc), he notices and still says "thank you", even though those are my responsibities. If one of us gets up to go to the kitchen for something, we always ask the other "need anything?". It sounds so silly, but it really means a lot that your spouse might notice if you need a refill.

Just this past weekend, we were going to Chicago to visit family. Ben Harper was going to be downtown while we were there. He is NOT a Ben Harper fan, but bought tickets for us because I love Ben Harper. Do we fight or have disagreements? Oh yes, like everyone else. But we always work it out. So, anyway, that's my 2 cents. Simple recognition and respect keeps us both happy.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just because you love her ...

Give her a hug and a kiss..
    Once a week, cook dinner AND do the dishes.
    Take on some chores on an ONGOING basis to lighten her workload, and do them BEFORE she asks.
    Talk to her, and pay attention to her replies.
    Smile when you look at her.
    Hold her hand at the movies.

To show someone you love him or her, you don't need to spend money.
    You need to give of yourself.
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Never, ever forget to kiss her and tell her good-bye and that you love her every morning before you leave.
    Don't be too touchy feely all the time. Be able to hold her and carress her w/o needing sexual activity.
    Call her just to say you love her.
    Take the time just to look her in the eyes and smile at her.
    Take time for conversation. Be a friend.
    Offer help if she's stressed.

It took many years, but my husband does this now and it makes me melt.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Sex and lots of it! - No really, women do think about it just as much as men... honestly!!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Never, ever forget to kiss her and tell her good-bye and that you love her every morning before you leave.
    Don't be too touchy feely all the time. Be able to hold her and carress her w/o needing sexual activity.
    Call her just to say you love her.
    Take the time just to look her in the eyes and smile at her.
    Take time for conversation. Be a friend.
    Offer help if she's stressed.

It took many years, but my husband does this now and it makes me melt.

My DH does that as well ... when he leaves first. And yup my heart skips a beat. We have been married for 20 years this December.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    A new vacuum cleaner or pan scrubber is a sure way to her heart.

If you really want to go all out perhaps offer to help her bring the food to the table. Not too often though or she'll start to expect it.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    bring a nice big guy that will love her for you .
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    The bible states that men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. This is a tremendous calling for all men who claim to be Christian husbands. Without disclosing specifics, let me just say that, I try my best but sometimes I neglect my wife and fall short of her expectations. So instead of me guessing and falling short, what can I do to continuously affirm to my wife that I love her?

Yeah, and It also says wives are to submit to their husbands, as men shall submit to the Lord. So does she continously affirm that she will submit to you?

As for advice, it depends if you want the Christian or secular/practical perspective. (No, I am not Christian anymore.)
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    shiny new frying pan!
  • jgm379
    jgm379 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sex and lots of it! - No really, women do think about it just as much as men... honestly!!

Not this!!!!! She has had six kids and me too. Sex leads to more babies.
  • pj12string
    pj12string Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Tell her she's beautiful and mean it
    Hold her hand
    Kiss her

Essentially I think it boils down to acting like you met when you first fell in love. Make sure to always try and make her feel that special. Sometimes after years women fear we aren't as special and we've just become comfortable like that pair of holey underpants you won't throw out.

LOL, You've seen my underwear drawer haven't you?
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I'm no lady but here're my answers anyway:

1) We've been married 17 years with 3 kids. Romance? Yeah right. All that does is reaffirm that I'm a horny old man who's always looking for an excuse to get some. True, but not what this exercise is supposed to be about.
    2) Ever since our youngest children were born (twins), I've always tried to keep a small bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table. It's simple and goofy and a little cliche, and yes after so many years a little on the expensive side when you add it all up. But I don't care. Walking into a house, no matter how dirty or messy or loud or crazy it is, and seeing flowers on the table, there's something to that.
    3) Housework. My wife is one of the most practical people I've ever met. Little in life says "I Love YOU!" to her as much as walking into a clean house. I suck at housework. But I know for a fact when I at least try - get in there and really try - she notices.
    4) Kids. Oh sure, they're the center of her existence. They're also the cause of her high blood pressure. It helps when I can keep the kids well enough for her to stay long at the hair salon without worrying about things. Or I can take the kids with me on my errands so she's free to do her own thing. I once saw a celebrity speaking of her husband - "Nothing's more sexy than a man raising his children."
    5) Tell her outright how important she is. My wife gets bothered that the rest of us take her for granted. So one day when the kids were off school, they all sat down and made a book for my wife thanking her for her contributions to the family. Oh sure we could have just gotten a box of chocolates or something. But it was much more meaningful when the kids actually expressed, in words, what she did for the house, and how much they noticed and appreciated it.

I hope these help. I wish you luck with your endeavor.
    TriJoe.