Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Marla, I love your post and promise that the 'likes' will stamped on in this house :laugh:

Jeannie, glad that you had a good time and enjoyed yourself

Andrew, sorry to hear that you are in pain from your teeth, try to rest and relax.

Walked to school this afternoon, and then had to wait for 20 minutes for a parent to turn up to collect their children - she thought she'd told me that I had them tonight until I showed her the text that said tue-thurs!! Eventually got home and was feeding the baby I look after her milk when the fire brigade arrived to do house safety tour!!! Very busy evening so far, and I'm sure there is more to come!!!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi Friends..

Marla - thank goodness you are done. I know where you are coming from from my medical writing days. Someday we should chat about how badly MDs write. We could write a book.

Andrew - hope you are feeling better soon.. poor Batguy.. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tamara - sorry for your loss. This is a difficult time - keep an eye on yourself and make sure you are treating yourself right.

Roni - thanks for the shout out. I am feeling better today, although I just had a boiled egg and my stomach started talking to me (really loud) - not sure what that will turn into, but it sounds scary. :noway: :devil:

All others - keep with it. Going into the weekend so stay strong. I have a swim planned for today, and a healthy meal plan. SIGH!!

Janie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Marla- that typing sounds like pure torture! Glad it's over for you.

Andrew- feel better. Hugs to Beth for putting up with ya. LOL

Jeannie- glad the concert was fun

Roni- I did 4 pull ups total yesterday, gotta do a few today! I don't know if it would be different if you had girls, mine is just as slobby. I agree with the ages, you expect messes from them when they are little, not teenagers. I love it when I go on a tirade about their mess they left and didn't bother to clean up and they look at me like I've got horns. Or better yet, when I see them make the mess, tell them to make sure they clean it up, they act like they would NEVER leave it.... and then later I find it still there. In all fairness to them, I dont' think their brains work like ours do.... at least I have to keep telling myself that or I might take 'em out.

My husband has a fit because they don't 'see' things that need done around the house. There could be garbage on the floor and they would walk over it rather than bend over and pick it up. Or the trash can can already be overflowing, but they will just pile more on top, who cares if it topples out once they walk away. Trash is a sore subject in this house. They all have trash cans in their bedrooms, they toss it toward it, if it doesn't make it, they leave it so there is always crap all over the floor around the trash can. Drives me nuts. 2 of them will pull tags off new clothes and leave the tags in their drawers! Makes ya wanna strangle 'em. Kids. :grumble: They just don't see things like we do.

Heck there are adults who don't care. My first husband was one of the non noticers. When the kids were little, I would pile stuff at the bottom of the stairs that needed to go up. Hint, hint. I would make it so you couldn't get up the stairs without stepping over it, I would take up 2 or 3 steps with it.... he would still jump over it and take nothing up. I used to be flabergasted over it. From his perspective, he probably used to think 'That b!tch keeps blocking the stairs, what's her problem.' :laugh: :laugh:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Tamara - I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Tamara...I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I lost my mom in 2001 at the early age of 51. My heart goes out to you.

Lori...After reading your post I feel much better, at least I know I am not alone. The kitchen trash can was so full this morning you couldn't open the lid, so what do you think the boys did? They just put their trash on top of the can!

Marla...Glad that typing is over. I'm still at it today since I messed around earlier this week and didn't get my hours in. Also have to do a paid training session today. Maybe I'll take a day off tomorrow.

Batman...Sorry about your tooth pain. I remember being pretty sick when I had mine removed.

Taking a lunch break and then back to work for me.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Tammy and Lori....right there with you. My kids step over crud all the time....sheesh.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Very proud of myself today! I ran my farthest run today 7.5 miles in 95 minutes!! That is a 12.67 mile. I felt like I could run forever but I knew in the back of my head that hubs was wondering if I was ever going to come out of the garage and when I came out and told him how far I ran he was like "yeah, I was wondering when you were going to come out!!" whatever let me run!!!

I burned 1500 calories too.

Marla I hate the word "like"

question of the ladies. (sorry andrew this one you can't help on) when you wear your sports bra while working out do you get a mark on your chest from were the top of your bra was. If you don't know what I mean I will post a pic of it.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    I'm, like, dying, like.

This file is, like, going on, like, forever. And what's making it, like, worse, like, is that they're talking about, like, body image stuff, too. Like, as if this, like, 20 year old knucklehead, spoiled, like, brat, like Hollywood political daughter has, like, anything of, like, value to, like, say to anybody, like, outside of, like, California--

Aaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold me back-- somebody, like, hold me back!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Like, hang in there lady:flowerforyou:
    :noway: :sick:

Oh, thank God I'm done. putertired.gif

My husband and I are cracking down on the "likes," in our kids' speech for just this reason. This chick sounded like a complete idiot. And she had everything at her disposal, money money1.gif and opportunity wise, to be educated and inteligent-- and she's a moron. I can't tell you who she is, confidentiality agreement and all-- at least not until the project that she's working on comes out-- but, oh my. What a sad state our society is in, when this chick is representative of the "haves." swear1.gif

And the drivel she spewed, and the clueless way she was raised-- :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: :huh: I don't know, folks, I just don't get it.

what made it worse, is that the type of service the client requested for this transcript only paid 80 cents per page-- when all was said and done, I only realized about $17 per hour I typed. I'm well up in the $20s these days, so it irks me all the more that I had to take extra time for this dunderhead, and got paid squat when it all comes out in the wash.

gaah.gif-- but, perspective-- beats starving, I guess. hanghead.gif

Now, to get me some java-- mornincoffee.gif, and tend to my offspring-- 42kmoig.giftantrumsmiley.gifgrouphugg.gif

have a great day one and all. oregonian_winesmiley.gif

And, like, listen to your, like, children today. If they, like, use the word, like, "Like," like in any other way than, like, as a simile, please think of your old, like, buddy, Marla over here, and like, tell 'em to, like, snapoutofit.gif.

thankyou.gif

:wink: Later, cats.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: people at my office are wondering why I am belly laughing! you are too much
  • zippy111
    Options
    I love it when I go on a tirade about their mess they left and didn't bother to clean up and they look at me like I've got horns. Or better yet, when I see them make the mess, tell them to make sure they clean it up, they act like they would NEVER leave it.... and then later I find it still there. In all fairness to them, I dont' think their brains work like ours do.... at least I have to keep telling myself that or I might take 'em out.

My husband has a fit because they don't 'see' things that need done around the house. There could be garbage on the floor and they would walk over it rather than bend over and pick it up. Or the trash can can already be overflowing, but they will just pile more on top, who cares if it topples out once they walk away. Trash is a sore subject in this house. They all have trash cans in their bedrooms, they toss it toward it, if it doesn't make it, they leave it so there is always crap all over the floor around the trash can. Drives me nuts. 2 of them will pull tags off new clothes and leave the tags in their drawers! Makes ya wanna strangle 'em. Kids. :grumble: They just don't see things like we do.

Do you live in my house?:bigsmile:
  • zippy111
    Options
    Very proud of myself today! I ran my farthest run today 7.5 miles in 95 minutes!! That is a 12.67 mile. I felt like I could run forever but I knew in the back of my head that hubs was wondering if I was ever going to come out of the garage and when I came out and told him how far I ran he was like "yeah, I was wondering when you were going to come out!!" whatever let me run!!!

I burned 1500 calories too.

Marla I hate the word "like"

question of the ladies. (sorry andrew this one you can't help on) when you wear your sports bra while working out do you get a mark on your chest from were the top of your bra was. If you don't know what I mean I will post a pic of it.
    Sammy - Awesome job! I love when you have the feeling that you could keep running. I'm hoping to get a long run in tomorrow if my ankle permits me. You're are going to have a great week!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Sam-- I'm so proud of you-- and so jealous. My runs have been arduous at best lately. Medicine really wiping me out. Actually, I'm headed for a nap as I write. I've been napping almost every afternoon, and still can't get out of my own way.

Later, my troops!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm, like, dying, like.

This file is, like, going on, like, forever. And what's making it, like, worse, like, is that they're talking about, like, body image stuff, too. Like, as if this, like, 20 year old knucklehead, spoiled, like, brat, like Hollywood political daughter has, like, anything of, like, value to, like, say to anybody, like, outside of, like, California--

Aaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold me back-- somebody, like, hold me back!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Like, hang in there lady:flowerforyou:
    :noway: :sick:

Oh, thank God I'm done. putertired.gif

My husband and I are cracking down on the "likes," in our kids' speech for just this reason. This chick sounded like a complete idiot. And she had everything at her disposal, money money1.gif and opportunity wise, to be educated and inteligent-- and she's a moron. I can't tell you who she is, confidentiality agreement and all-- at least not until the project that she's working on comes out-- but, oh my. What a sad state our society is in, when this chick is representative of the "haves." swear1.gif

And the drivel she spewed, and the clueless way she was raised-- :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: :huh: I don't know, folks, I just don't get it.

what made it worse, is that the type of service the client requested for this transcript only paid 80 cents per page-- when all was said and done, I only realized about $17 per hour I typed. I'm well up in the $20s these days, so it irks me all the more that I had to take extra time for this dunderhead, and got paid squat when it all comes out in the wash.

gaah.gif-- but, perspective-- beats starving, I guess. hanghead.gif

Now, to get me some java-- mornincoffee.gif, and tend to my offspring-- 42kmoig.giftantrumsmiley.gifgrouphugg.gif

have a great day one and all. oregonian_winesmiley.gif

And, like, listen to your, like, children today. If they, like, use the word, like, "Like," like in any other way than, like, as a simile, please think of your old, like, buddy, Marla over here, and like, tell 'em to, like, snapoutofit.gif.

thankyou.gif

:wink: Later, cats.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: people at my office are wondering why I am belly laughing! you are too much

:bigsmile:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers the hard part has yet to begin...My dads wife is in jail from a accident she had several years ago,so needless to say we have to do it all... We have to go to Alabama today hence in a few hours to identify his body then have him transported to Ga where they are from. My oldest brother leaves in the Phillipines and we have to wait for him to get here..hence 24 hour flight...Just gonna be a long week I believe...Keep prayers out for me,I am taking my computer dont know when and where I will get on it but i have it...

Love ya'll black teamers!!!!

:
    Love you too Tamara! I am so very sorry for this...what a horrible thing to have to work through. I am saying my prayers for peace for you :heart: Jeannie

:heart: Tamara
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options

Sam- a mark like an indentation from the elastic?

I wear two sports bras to keep them puppies secure, I can't stand the bouncing around. I have an indentation the entire way around where it was when I take it off, you could trace the outline.

If that is not the mark you are talking about then, um, nope, not me! :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at the picture and it looks like it's red in the spot were my sports bra wasn't there. Weird.
    12-09to1-10110.jpg
    and yes I know nice pic of my chest!!!:noway: :noway:
  • ksproston
    Options
    So, I just figured out that I will have access to the row machine and the bike for another 22 work days, before our triathlon is over. Barring anything unexpected popping up, I will need to row for 6/10 of a mile and bike 3.5 miles per day for those 22 days. I was feeling like it wasn't possible, but now that I see that it is, I will be finishing before 2/17/10. I will, I Will, I WILL do this.
  • Marla64
    Options
    I was just looking at the picture and it looks like it's red in the spot were my sports bra wasn't there. Weird.
    12-09to1-10110.jpg
    and yes I know nice pic of my chest!!!:noway: :noway:

Whoa-- thought I logged onto the wrong website there for a minute!
    How YOU doin'?121fs725372.gifpinkglassesf.gif

:wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    So, I just figured out that I will have access to the row machine and the bike for another 22 work days, before our triathlon is over. Barring anything unexpected popping up, I will need to row for 6/10 of a mile and bike 3.5 miles per day for those 22 days. I was feeling like it wasn't possible, but now that I see that it is, I will be finishing before 2/17/10. I will, I Will, I WILL do this.

19.gif19.gif
  • ksproston
    Options
    Sam, I've had that before when I am really hot and/or sweat a lot while working out. Usually my face is the part of my body that turns fire engine red. People actually will stop and ask me if I'm okay. :laugh:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Good grief, me too!
    did well today friend 3 , got in plenty of walking.
    Thanks for being there for me...
    Sorry to hear of so many trobles. sad.