Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options
It's tuesday night. Time to start the new challenge! This challenge is intended to get the old folks back to basic and get the new folks on board with what will spell success here.

It's the patented Marla "Capture every morsel challenge"- This week you will all follow one rule. If it goes in your mouth it is weighted, measured and LOGGED. (If some of you dont have a food scale just do your best to keep it to the serving size.) If its something that can't be measured or logged then dont eat it. This is a very mathimatical process and guessing how many calories something has never works out. I know you guys can do it! Lets roll with week two.

P.S.

I have gotten quite a few reported weigh in. Remember you guys have until tommorow evening to get them to me. If I don't have it come posting time then I will post the spreadsheet without them. 3 straight weeks without a reported weight in and I will remove your name from the list. I will always add it if you come back but for ease of tracking I am only going to be looking at the folks who are reporting weights.

Thanks guys. Off to get a run in!

Talk to you later!

:drinker:

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thank you fearless leader..

Every single portion controlled morsel will go into my log - and I will drink at least 8 glasses of water a day - and I will limit sweets..

Thanks for all your work on this Andrew - weigh in coming tomorrow morning.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Andrew-- if it's patented, I should get some monetary kickbacks, no? :bigsmile:

No?:noway:

Fudgesicles-- :grumble: didn't think so.

Great challenge-- soooo helpful. Nothing in your mouth that isn't weighed, measured and logged-- not a lick of a spoon, not a bite of your kids' leftovers-- nuttin'.

Awesome, Batman-- thanks !!!!!!!!
  • teeneu
    teeneu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know I can do this challenge! I need to pull out my scales tonight. We had salmon for dinner and I knew I should have measured instead of eyeballing it. Although I didn't eat much of it because I really don't like it, but DH does.

I had a great run tonight on the treadmill and even did some inclines after I read all the postings about the hills everyone else was running yesterday. I plan on doing some weights during Biggest Loser once I get my boys in bed too.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting a kidney stone, I haven't had one in 3 years, but it feels the same as it did then. I've been drinking so much water and cutting out the caffienated soda's too, so that is very annoying. I worked out anyway hoping it'll push them out sooner.

Good luck at the weigh in everyone! :happy:

Terry
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Not a happy day! Drank enough water for a fish this week, easily 120 oz per day, only ate sweets one day, thought I was eating sugar free fat free pudding that ds made last night but nope, it was the regular stuff. Exercised everyday but one and the lovely scale shows a pound and a half increase today. It had better be better tomorrow or I might throw it out the window. :grumble:

Love you guys, have a great evening!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Had a great day...drank a crap ton of water, hope I'm not up all night. Got in 50 minutes on the elliptical, so I was pretty happy with that too.

Looking forward to the week's challenge. Guess I better run out at lunch tomorrow and get some measuring spoons to keep in my drawer at work. I have PB there in a container, but it's not measured or anything. I usually just try not to use a lot. We shall see.

I'm off to watch BL and go to bed...I am beat after all these hardcore workouts!

ETA: I think I failed the test I took this weekend, but I can still apply for my programs!! 'Course it seems that I wasted my money on a test I don't have to take yet, but like Marla says, "whatyagonnado?"
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    Cool! Excuse to go buy the digital food scale I've been thinking about! I'm telling hubs Andrew said I have to buy it. LOL I have one of the other ones that is so inacurrate I don't bother to use it.

I admit I eyeball stuff. I've been doing it long enough I am pretty good at it, but it will be fun to go back to the basics and measure again just to make sure I haven't been eyeballing wrong. I have been logging it if I eat it, I think I can keep up with that with no prob.

Thanks fearless leader!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,753 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Had a great day...drank a crap ton of water, hope I'm not up all night. Got in 50 minutes on the elliptical, so I was pretty happy with that too.

Looking forward to the week's challenge. Guess I better run out at lunch tomorrow and get some measuring spoons to keep in my drawer at work. I have PB there in a container, but it's not measured or anything. I usually just try not to use a lot. We shall see.

I'm off to watch BL and go to bed...I am beat after all these hardcore workouts!

I'm beat too, can't wait to go to bed! The second the show is over, I'm telling the older kids goodnight and hitting the hay.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey my team-- just did the 40 minute turbo jam (already did the 20 minute this morning-- woot!). Sweating like a pig-- which is way cool.

Just too dang windy to run tonight-- I don't mind the cold temps, but can't stand the wind.

Still have about 1/2 my water to drink tonight, but I'm thirsty right now from the exercise, so no problem--

Beyond that, I'm looking at 1/4 cup of raisins tonight and call it a day--

Weigh in-- please be kind.

Love to all--
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi black team, feeling much better:happy: thanks to everyone for all their good wishes..Another day without exercising but I will be hitting it full force tomorrow...watching BL...good luck everyone..
  • meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I admit as a newbie I am tending to eyeball everything. As previously mentioned this is a great excuse to buy that scale I have been wanting!!! Good luck to everyone this week!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Not a happy day! Drank enough water for a fish this week, easily 120 oz per day, only ate sweets one day, thought I was eating sugar free fat free pudding that ds made last night but nope, it was the regular stuff. Exercised everyday but one and the lovely scale shows a pound and a half increase today. It had better be better tomorrow or I might throw it out the window. :grumble:

Hey Amanda,

Look at the bright side my dear. I bet the pudding was delicious. And here is something I am trying to do that I recommend everyone try. The next time you get on the scale and don't like the number you see. Ask yourself this question-"Number sucks but...How do I feel?" I'll bet you the answer to that question will be better than I did before.

• averys7
    averys7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge. I have to say...just what I needed!
    Sara
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Evening Black team,

Had a good night. Got a short run in to keep me loose. Focused on the strength training. My heart rate monitor is on the fritz. I changed the battery and It still keeps losing my heart rate.....ah well. I'll figure it out. Anyhoo. Gotta get to bed. Have to be up at 4am to make it to the pool to swim before work.

Have a good night my team!

Good luck with weigh ins!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Andrew-- if it's patented, I should get some monetary kickbacks, no? :bigsmile:

No?:noway:

Fudgesicles-- :grumble: didn't think so.

Great challenge-- soooo helpful. Nothing in your mouth that isn't weighed, measured and logged-- not a lick of a spoon, not a bite of your kids' leftovers-- nuttin'.

Awesome, Batman-- thanks !!!!!!!!

:grumble:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Evening Black team,

Had a good night. Got a short run in to keep me loose. Focused on the strength training. My heart rate monitor is on the fritz. I changed the battery and It still keeps losing my heart rate.....ah well. I'll figure it out. Anyhoo. Gotta get to bed. Have to be up at 4am to make it to the pool to swim before work.

Have a good night my team!

Good luck with weigh ins!

Maybe it's your heart that's on the fritz?
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge. I have to say...just what I needed!
    Sara

Hi Sara ! NIce lil cutie pie!

Welcome. This is the challenge that got me back and going last yr. Amazing what you will do throughout the day. It actually stopped me from eating a hersheys kiss a second ago! LOl
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Hey Amanda,

Look at the bright side my dear. I bet the pudding was delicious. And here is something I am trying to do that I recommend everyone try. The next time you get on the scale and don't like the number you see. Ask yourself this question-"Number sucks but...How do I feel?" I'll bet you the answer to that question will be better than I did before.

Thanks Andrew, I appreciate it. I feel great, sleeping better at night, not having the mid afternoon sugar crash, my size 12 jeans are falling off and when I stretch I can atually feel musle in my skin. I know that this is working, Patience is not my friend. I was looking back at my weights and ten days ago I weighed 158.5, then for our weigh in I weighed at a low of 154.5, now it is 156. You know that is okay, it is still a loss from 10 days ago. Andrew, you have inspired me to go work-out again. THANKS and hugs!!!!!!!!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Did you hear that Jim? We DO need a food scale. Thank you Andrew for the challenge and helping me win this one.:happy:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Interesting story- The local NBC affiliate in Portland, ME has a weekly news segment on Monday called "Fit at five". It's a weekly segment that covers stories of health and wellness in Maine and they occasionally profile Mainers that have lost weight. I think it's a great segment so I emailed the station to let them know that I think the segment is great and shared DW and my story. Well The reporter who does the segment just sent me the following email.

Andrew,
    Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story. Would you and your family be at all interested in being featured in one of my segments? It is very inspirational, and especially the fact that you two made the change together is so important! I would love for you two to be a part of Fit at Five. Let me know what number would be best to reach you at and we can set up a future shoot.

Take Care, Kelly LaBrecque

Lol, Black teams Is gonna make the news in Portland.

• AmandaJ
    Options
    Interesting story- The local NBC affiliate in Portland, ME has a weekly news segment on Monday called "Fit at five". It's a weekly segment that covers stories of health and wellness in Maine and they occasionally profile Mainers that have lost weight. I think it's a great segment so I emailed the station to let them know that I think the segment is great and shared DW and my story. Well The reporter who does the segment just sent me the following email.

Andrew,
    Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story. Would you and your family be at all interested in being featured in one of my segments? It is very inspirational, and especially the fact that you two made the change together is so important! I would love for you two to be a part of Fit at Five. Let me know what number would be best to reach you at and we can set up a future shoot.

Take Care, Kelly LaBrecque

Lol, Black teams Is gonna make the news in Portland.

Oh my gosh, how cool is that?????? That is so awesome, you and Beth will inspire so many!!!!!