Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I did 60 minutes on the treadmill and did 4.5 miles. With my cool down all together I did 80 minutes and 1150 calories!!! Tomorrow is an outside run seeing it is supposed to be lots warmer out.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Up a pound this week and I know this is going to sound horrible but I don't care... Dh took grandpa to the ER last night (it is his grandpa but in a divorce I get him as I adore and love him so very much) at 9:30 pm. Heart issues, they got him stablized and dh got home at 2 am. I didn't sleep until he got home, still didn't sleep, phone woke me at 5, it was grandma. Anyway, grandpa got a 200 mile one way ambulance ride to a Heart Hospital, I am exhausted and tired and scared and pi**ed because I am stronger than this. Emmy can't keep her balance and she is stumbling all over, she is bruised all over from falling, going to the doctor tomorrow to discuss wheelchairs and so forth. I am stiting here crying, what is wrong with me, I have to get strong. I am so sorry I am telling you all of this, I don't even know why I am rambling to you guys.

You are rambling on because we are your friends and here for you. That what we are good for. I will say a prayer for ya'll and you are a very strong person you can do it. Hang in there girlie...
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I did 60 minutes on the treadmill and did 4.5 miles. With my cool down all together I did 80 minutes and 1150 calories!!! Tomorrow is an outside run seeing it is supposed to be lots warmer out.

Sam, thanks so much for your kind words. I didn't feel like exercising which is what I should be doing, so I went outside and pitchfork mucky pens. That always makes me feel better and must burn calories. :smile:

Sam, how do you burn so many calories? I am lucky if I can burn 10 calories per minute for 600 calories per hour.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Up a pound this week and I know this is going to sound horrible but I don't care... Dh took grandpa to the ER last night (it is his grandpa but in a divorce I get him as I adore and love him so very much) at 9:30 pm. Heart issues, they got him stablized and dh got home at 2 am. I didn't sleep until he got home, still didn't sleep, phone woke me at 5, it was grandma. Anyway, grandpa got a 200 mile one way ambulance ride to a Heart Hospital, I am exhausted and tired and scared and pi**ed because I am stronger than this. Emmy can't keep her balance and she is stumbling all over, she is bruised all over from falling, going to the doctor tomorrow to discuss wheelchairs and so forth. I am stiting here crying, what is wrong with me, I have to get strong. I am so sorry I am telling you all of this, I don't even know why I am rambling to you guys.

You are rambling on because we are your friends and here for you. That what we are good for. I will say a prayer for ya'll and you are a very strong person you can do it. Hang in there girlie...

Thanks, sitting here crying again!!!! but this time they are mixed with happy tears! :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options

Oh, Amanda! How horrible. :frown: I will pray that your grandpa stabilizes soon and that he is comfortable during his hospital stay. *hugs* You ARE a very strong woman. Do not sell yourself short, lady! If you doubt me, go read your profile. Tough times do not make one weak, your actions do...and your actions show nothing but a woman that loves her family & would do anything for them. You are in my prayers, dear. :heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Sam, how do you burn so many calories? I am lucky if I can burn 10 calories per minute for 600 calories per hour.

Do you use a heart rate monitor? I always do an incline on the treadmill which gets your heart beating faster. I also have more weight on me then you do on you. I bet when I get down there it will be harder.
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Do you use a heart rate monitor? I always do an incline on the treadmill which gets your heart beating faster. I also have more weight on me then you do on you. I bet when I get down there it will be harder.

I bet it is the incline, I should start walking and running the hills more around here. I do have an HRM and :heart: it!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

I bet it is the incline, I should start walking and running the hills more around here. I do have an HRM and :heart: it!

Def do the hills they get your heart beating cause you have to work harder getting up them. I LOVE my HRM too!
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

What do you mean have to get strong? You are strong. You are telling us because you know in our own way we are listening and praying for you and your family. :flowerforyou:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Black team!

Amanda- i hope everything turns out ok. we are here for you whenever and we'll be keeping you in our thoughts :heart:

so last week i was b****ing about gaining that darn 2 pounds back, and now i feel silly cause i KNOW that the first week of the month is alway when i gain (or at least don't lose) and i was getting over holiday eating (chinese food for new years). this morning i got on the scale for my weigh-in, and i was down 3.4 pounds from last week! so i ended up not having to change my ticker up, but actually had to change it to reflect a loss!! i'm down over a pound from my lowest weight so far AND am now 4 pounds away from a healthy BMI, which i haven't been since i was 16! :drinker: this whole news thing is really starting to freak me out! i just have no idea what's gonna happen. are they gonna come to my house? is she gonna workout with me? i have a little anxiety about social situations, so this should be pretty interesting. the funny thing is, i was the one who kept bugging dh to send them an e-mail, never actually thinking anything would happen. what will i wear? what will i talk about? AHHH!!!:noway: ok, that concludes my freak out. have a great afternoon everyone!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Hugs, Amanda-- crying doesn't mean you're not strong. It just means you're human and need release from your struggles. Heck, even Christ himself asked to have his "cup" taken from him when he went through his suffering.

Cry on our shoulders any time. Lord knows I've done it enough to all of you-- that's what we're here for.

Prayers for Emmy.:heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Tanya- great job on your workout today! Hope you had a nice safe walk back to the school.

Roni- I always let mine pick a birthday meal too. I used to let them pick where they wanted to eat, but decided on top of giving them money to buy what they want, dropping $50-60 on a meal was crazy, so I make what they want at home. Enjoy your night with your Birthday Boy! So, gotta ask, how easy was that Walk Away the Pounds video?

Marla- 2 pounds! Woot! Even if it took a second weigh in! LOL. Take what you can, right?

Jeannie- Meeting your goal is great. Slow and steady girl.

Donna- glad the ankle is doing OK. It is hard not to want the scale to show 3 or 4, but you had a loss, that’s what matters.

Tamara- the hair looks adorable! I’m telling you, weight loss machine! You never cease to amaze me.

Beansy- LOG, LOG, LOG! Log your dinner earlier in the day, then you won’t forget. When I’m being good with my logging, I have a rule, can’t eat it til I log it. That’s when I’m being good of course…. Great job on the 2 pounds.

Tammy- good job on the one pound loss. I don’t know how you and Marla type all day. My fingers would fall off!

Amanda- hugs dear. Hang in there. I believe if you say you aren’t strong you may have some Black Team members knocking on your door! You better be nicer to yourself! You are strong, incredibly so. We are here for you.

Shuntae- so jealous of your ‘happy range’, only hope I’ll get there someday. How wonderful it must feel!

Leslie- you go girl! That’s a lot of working out, no wonder you were hungry.

Sam- you and that treadmill, ain’t no stopping you.

Beth- soooo close to healthy range. Whoopie! I liked your mini freak out. That would be going on inside my head too. Relax and enjoy it though.

Did the gym this AM, had packed all my snacks and lunch before I left the house, had a 30% off Kohl’s coupon…. You KNOW where this is going. Right? I had been eyeing a comforter, my mom gave me money for Christmas and I was just waiting for that coupon to arrive in my mailbox to buy it. I got one this week, so off I went. Drove there happily eating my baggie of egg whites and a yogurt.

Got my comforter, 3 rugs for the kitchen, found one of those shelf thingys that are like 4 shelves and they are angled, so the top shelf is skinny and the shelves get bigger as it goes toward the bottom. Anyway, hubs has been wanting one.
    I thought I might die getting it all from the second floor, down the elevator, to the checkout and out to my car. Yes, I guess I should have asked for help, but I don’t do that very well. I could tuck the shelf under my arm, even though it was like a 4 foot long box and heavy, I could do it. The comforter set must weigh 50 freaking pounds.

I had already worked chest and shoulders today. My arms were screaming, my shoulders were unhappy. I broke a sweat. In Kohls! It was exhausting shopping! LOL. I know, I can feel the pity from all of you. LOL

I bought my food scale today too!

Gotta unload the car. Joy. I need a smoothie to get me through this one! Time for a snack anyway. I swear I eat all dang day.
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options

Amanda- I'm only starting to get to know you and this group but I will keep grandpa in my prayers and Emmy. You sound like and extremely strong person who needs to let it out...............so continue to let it out. We will be here for you:smile:
  • zippy111
    Options
    Good afternoon Black team!

Amanda- i hope everything turns out ok. we are here for you whenever and we'll be keeping you in our thoughts :heart:

so last week i was b****ing about gaining that darn 2 pounds back, and now i feel silly cause i KNOW that the first week of the month is alway when i gain (or at least don't lose) and i was getting over holiday eating (chinese food for new years). this morning i got on the scale for my weigh-in, and i was down 3.4 pounds from last week! so i ended up not having to change my ticker up, but actually had to change it to reflect a loss!! i'm down over a pound from my lowest weight so far AND am now 4 pounds away from a healthy BMI, which i haven't been since i was 16! :drinker: this whole news thing is really starting to freak me out! i just have no idea what's gonna happen. are they gonna come to my house? is she gonna workout with me? i have a little anxiety about social situations, so this should be pretty interesting. the funny thing is, i was the one who kept bugging dh to send them an e-mail, never actually thinking anything would happen. what will i wear? what will i talk about? AHHH!!!:noway: ok, that concludes my freak out. have a great afternoon everyone!

You guys are going to be great! Can't wait!
  • zippy111
    Options
    Hold everything, troops-- make that 2 pounds lost since last week. :blushing:

Soooooooo-- did I mention that I'm on medicines? And have I also mentioned that they're rather, uh, constipating?

Well, uh, due to recent, uh, developments since I weighed this morning, uh, I've since lost 1/2 pound extra. :embarassed: I'm claiming it and moving (pardon the pun) on.

Guess everybody who thinks I'm full of it is right-- who knew?

TMI-- I know, deal with it people. :wink:
    (by the way, TMI means too much information for the newbies)

Marla - I love this post! If the same movement comes over me tonight I'm going to demand it get counted as well! I love the picture...is this you as a little girl
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hold everything, troops-- make that 2 pounds lost since last week. :blushing:

Soooooooo-- did I mention that I'm on medicines? And have I also mentioned that they're rather, uh, constipating?

Well, uh, due to recent, uh, developments since I weighed this morning, uh, I've since lost 1/2 pound extra. :embarassed: I'm claiming it and moving (pardon the pun) on.

Guess everybody who thinks I'm full of it is right-- who knew?

TMI-- I know, deal with it people. :wink:
    (by the way, TMI means too much information for the newbies)

Marla - I love this post! If the same movement comes over me tonight I'm going to demand it get counted as well! I love the picture...is this you as a little girl

Yes, Ma'am-- it's "Wayback Week" on facebook-- so I figured I'd bring it to MFP.
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    way to go Samantha
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Amanda, our prayes are with you and your family. You won't rambling, we are here for you this wonderful group of people. so whenever you need to let go you can do it here...:flowerforyou:

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

{{{{{{{{{{{{{amanda}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Love ya sweetie. May God heal your Gpa and give him all the right doctors with all the right answers.
    Amen
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good morning team, well good afternoon...doing much better and even got my exercise in this morning...I got up early this morning and got in 20min on the elliptical, got the kids up and out the door to school and did 60 min on the treadmill, walking @3mps @ an incline of 5 for 30 min, wow...and then because I had all this energy I did 40 min Tae Bo...boy was I hungry after all of that...

Had a great egg white omlette with peppers, turkey bacon and oj...delicious....:bigsmile:

Good Job Leslie!!

Once you get in the groove it is easier!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie