Black Team Week 2 Challenge Thread!!!-

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Kidney stone has finally passed and I'm feeling so much better! I skipped my workout yesterday because of the pain, but I was back on the treadmill tonight. It felt so great and I worked up a great sweat.

The measuring is working out pretty well, I like packing my lunch every morning and knowing exactly what I'm consuming for the day. Dinner can be trickier, tonight my husband made dinner and put it on my plate and I said sorry I have to measure everything and scraped it off, measured and then put it back on. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy :tongue: But I knew what I had!

I also went grocery shopping and stocked up on healthy low calorie options and lots of fruits and vegetables. I can't wait to pack my lunch tomorrow. So many choices!

Off to bed!

Terry

Terry-- glad you're feeling better! My husband saw me measuring my peanut butter this afternoon and gave me his usual "you're nuts" look-- whaddyagonnado?

Had a very early dinner tonight-- 5:30, and was starving a little while ago. Bottom line, I'm over calories now-- and no plans to workout, but not gonna sweat it. I've been under all week, so one night's not gonna kill me. At least I made good choices--

Later, dudes!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

My diet and exercise is another matter - Marla where are you, I need you to scream at me.

Present!!!

But, Amanda, no screaming here. You know what's up. I don't have to scream or snap you out of it.

You're under a lot of stress, and you're forgetting that eating crap and not exercising is only a temporary crutch. It isn't gonna help. It's only going to add to the stress. It's hard to remember when we're in the midst of it all, but when you do remember, and still make wise choices and exercise to let off steam, it truly is empowering.

Just taking that one little bit of control in an out of control life really is powerful.

It's still early out there, Amanda-- get some exercise in before bed. You'll be sooooo glad you did. You can do it!

Thanks Marla, just got off the bike for 30 minutes and the Wii for 44 minutes. Happy!! :smile:
  • Marla64
    Options

My diet and exercise is another matter - Marla where are you, I need you to scream at me.

Present!!!

But, Amanda, no screaming here. You know what's up. I don't have to scream or snap you out of it.

You're under a lot of stress, and you're forgetting that eating crap and not exercising is only a temporary crutch. It isn't gonna help. It's only going to add to the stress. It's hard to remember when we're in the midst of it all, but when you do remember, and still make wise choices and exercise to let off steam, it truly is empowering.

Just taking that one little bit of control in an out of control life really is powerful.

It's still early out there, Amanda-- get some exercise in before bed. You'll be sooooo glad you did. You can do it!

Thanks Marla, just got off the bike for 30 minutes and the Wii for 44 minutes. Happy!! :smile:

Bless your heart-- I'm so proud of you. I always tell my kids it isn't always easy to do the right thing, but it's never wrong. Making the right choice in any area of life is difficult sometimes-- but it's always SOOOOOOO wonderful afterwards when you can look back with pride, especially when you wanted to do everything BUT the right thing.

So, God bless you, Amanda--

I took the day off from exercise. Typed 54 pages of Valley girl drivel so far tonight in 35 minutes of audio from this idiot girl I referenced earlier. My hands and wrists are killing me-- I'm heading to bed. Must finish the last 35 minutes tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Later, my team!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options

Present!!!

Bless your heart-- I'm so proud of you. I always tell my kids it isn't always easy to do the right thing, but it's never wrong. Making the right choice in any area of life is difficult sometimes-- but it's always SOOOOOOO wonderful afterwards when you can look back with pride, especially when you wanted to do everything BUT the right thing.

So, God bless you, Amanda--

I took the day off from exercise. Typed 54 pages of Valley girl drivel so far tonight in 35 minutes of audio from this idiot girl I referenced earlier. My hands and wrists are killing me-- I'm heading to bed. Must finish the last 35 minutes tomorrow morning. Ugh.

Later, my team!

Marla, thank you for all your support. I truly appreciate you from the bottom of my :heart: !
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers the hard part has yet to begin...My dads wife is in jail from a accident she had several years ago,so needless to say we have to do it all... We have to go to Alabama today hence in a few hours to identify his body then have him transported to Ga where they are from. My oldest brother leaves in the Phillipines and we have to wait for him to get here..hence 24 hour flight...Just gonna be a long week I believe...Keep prayers out for me,I am taking my computer dont know when and where I will get on it but i have it...

Love ya'll black teamers!!!!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Tamara - sorry to hear of your loss. If you need to chat or vent we are here, and like Zippy ( I think) I lost my dad last year so can be here if you need me.

Beth - that is great news, have a good weekend

Marla - good luck with the typing today (can never understand why people 'like' all the time it is very off putting and makes them appear thick!)

Amanda - well done on the work out and sorry that you are no further forward re your daughter, but isn't it a relief when a doctor actually tells you the truth

Leckel (I will remember your realname at some point - sorry) - my 12 year old is exactly the same as your 14 year very easy to tear and quite hard to have fun with, but he is getting better although we think his voice is breaking which is causing much hilarity when it changes mid conversation ( for us sanyway not him yet, but he will smile now!)

Hello and morning to everyone else....

Well my day started with a higher than normal amount of tears and fighting all revolving around my 3rd son (John who is 5 on monday), decided as he was mega grumpy we would walk to school and he rode on the back of the buggy the whole way there so my shoulders are like 'whoo'. Did an hour walk all in this morning, and will go on the bike as well as try to walk to school later as well. The walking makes me feel really good, and I will ask for a HRM for my birthday, so I can see exactly what I am doing. Better go for now, another 'extra' child due any minute. Have a great day folks, xx
  • zippy111
    zippy111 Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Kidney stone has finally passed and I'm feeling so much better! I skipped my workout yesterday because of the pain, but I was back on the treadmill tonight. It felt so great and I worked up a great sweat.

The measuring is working out pretty well, I like packing my lunch every morning and knowing exactly what I'm consuming for the day. Dinner can be trickier, tonight my husband made dinner and put it on my plate and I said sorry I have to measure everything and scraped it off, measured and then put it back on. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy :tongue: But I knew what I had!

I also went grocery shopping and stocked up on healthy low calorie options and lots of fruits and vegetables. I can't wait to pack my lunch tomorrow. So many choices!

Off to bed!

Terry

I wish I had a scale. Kudos to you for scraping the plate and measuring. I know I know...get you xxx out and get one. trying only to eat things that have the calories attached.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Morning friends. So happpy it's Friday, this week has seemed endlessly long. I will be heading to the gym for my last workout of the week. Leg day. Ugh! Err... um... I mean, Yah! I promised myself I would not ignore my legs anymore. I love lifting- arms, chest, shoulders, back. Legs are a different story. I'm working on it.

I got a good night's sleep. Finally. I have been wondering if I am getting sick, I've been popping Vitamin C like crazy, in my mind it's helping. Yes, I know too much will just get flushed out, but I want to make sure there is extra there in case the bod needs it! Oh, and if truth be told, they are the chewable kind and I like 'em. :blushing: I would like all my supplements to come in candy tasting chewable varieties please. :bigsmile:

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday. Did you hear that, it's FRIDAY!
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow black teamers! Ihope everyone is doing well. My little boy is pretty sick right now. He had a temp of 104.8 yesterday we couldn't get it down... Went to the doc and he has an ear infection. So all is good... Right now I'm soaking went because his fever just broke...he sweat all over me... Now he got his second wind and wants to play!!! Glad to see that! Who knows whe. He is going to goto bed now. I will get a work out in once he hits the sack...dh is playing pool tonight so we got the house to ourselves!!!!! Love the spreadsheet ... Here's to a good Friday!
    Lots of good weight loss karma to all,
    Sara

Hey Sara,

I totally relate to a child with an ear ifection. My son had so many and 2 different surgeries because of them. I'm so glad your little one is feeling better. It's amazing how kids can just bounce back I wish I had that same characteristic. Hope you have a great workout and boy would I love to have the house to myself:laugh:

~Jan
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Shuntae- sometimes we just have to eat what we are given and there is no way to know the exact calorie content. That will happen throughout life, guess we can’t be in control all the time and every once in a while, that is ok.

Marla- our oldest isn’t embarrassed by things, he’s ‘overly sensitive’ aka: at 14 I can still bring him to tears WAY too easily. He is getting better, but we have a long way to go. Maturity is not coming quickly for that one.

Jan- good luck with school

Donna- kids say, “You were right Mom?” On the rare occasion that has come up I make them say it, then pretend like I didn’t hear so they can say it louder!

Tammy- I rarely leave mine with dinner instructions, but if I do they are so detailed the dog couldn’t mess them up! LOL

Amanda- glad you had your appointment, sorry you didn't really get any news. I'm sure you are used to the wait game when dealing with all of this. Marla is typing, so here. snapoutofit.gif Get back at it woman!

I had cereal for dinner. Blew my carb count way over. I had plans, all my afternoon snack and dinner figured out, then, still not feeling 100% the smell of the turkey cooking for the kids sloppy joe turned my stomach. Couldn't eat it after that. I thought about it, but just couldn't. Cereal is nice and bland and non meat smelling, so it worked.

I'm headed to bed to snuggle under the covers and watch Grey's Anatomy! Later peeps!

Wow your good!!! Thanks for always being so encouraging. I need to do a better job on keeping up with everyone. You are really a great motivater, Thank you always for your kind words.

I'm going to try to juggle this thing called "life" part- time student, part-time employee, full-time Mommy/ wife and wannabe gym rat:
    Have a great weekend. :flowerforyou:
    ~Jan
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Not sure which page I weighed in on so here goes again. .209pounds.

Sorry I missed that Jessica,

Just send me a PM from now on. it's harrder to miss. lol

I'll get the sheet updated =)
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Tamara- Your in our thoughts and prayers. We :heart: you dear.

Hey team,

Sorry I have been MIA thes last 24 hours. I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and I have been a bit out of it. Sore and grumpy. I am not permitted to work out until tommorow evening and am spending most of my time icing it and loafing around. So much going on and I would love to reply to everyone but I am still feeling poopy so I am going to go back to whinning like a baby on the couch. lol Keep up the good work everyone! Your all on my mind. Especially, like, Marla and her um, like, horrible transcription assignment. lol

:drinker:
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Friday morning black team. Down another pound and a half, "and this time I'll keep it off." I just love the Grinch. Hope everybody has a great Friday. Going to level 2 on the 30-Day Shred today so it should be a little harder to walk tomorrow. Nothing exciting here except an extra work day to make up for what I missed earlier in the week. Happy weekend!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black Team! I didnt make it back in here yesterday after they gym so I have some catching up to do.

Janie-- I hope your feeling better this morning!:flowerforyou:

Jeannie-- You lucky, lucky girl!! FOREIGNER!:heart: I absolutely love them!!:love: I hope you had a wonderful time! (Im sure you did:wink: ). Thanks for the advice on the pushups, Im gonna try it. I dont have stairs inside the house, but I think the couch arm will work just as well?

Leslie-- Great job on the exercise today!:drinker:

Lori-- Way to go on those pullups!!:drinker: I cranked out another 4 on the floor yesterday...and part of another one before I fell to the floor:laugh: I tell you, these pushups are NOT going to beat me:grumble: By the way, my favorite thing is when I go to open the fridge and end up with grape jelly all over my hand:explode: And they are almost 15 and almost 17:ohwell: Boys! Why do I feel that if they were daughters I wouldnt have that issue...??

Kati-- I used to chew gum all the time. USED TO lol. I kept forgetting to log it, so like a crazy, obsessed with calories woman...I just quit chewing it unless I had my food diary nearby to record it right away so there was no chance of forgetting to log it!:laugh: Now that is obsessed...I mean seriously, we're talking what? 15 calories? I need to lighten up:ohwell:

Shuntae-- Thanks! I hope you enjoyed your rest and and BF's gumbo!

Marla-- Big hugs for you!:heart: Just because you make me LOL every morning!!:smile::flowerforyou:

Donna-- I loved your "feel good" story:flowerforyou: You ROCK!!:glasses:

Tammy-- **See previous posts on thread by Marla and Lori on how to torture the kiddos!!:laugh: :wink:

Sara-- Im glad your little guy seems to be feeling better:flowerforyou:

Terry-- So glad your feeling better! Way to go on that measuring!:drinker:

Tamara-- Im so sorry to hear about your father. Please know that we are always here and check in whenever you can. Big hugs for you:heart:

Amanda-- Happy to hear that your grandpa is getting good results back and seemingly better. I wish you had more conclusive answers for your sweet little Emmy. Hang in there:heart:

Shirelle-- Welcome!!:flowerforyou:

Have a great day everyone. I have a few things to do around the house this morning before I head to the gym. The kids have a Teachers Institute day today so they're home...always a pleasure lol. Be back in a little while:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers the hard part has yet to begin...My dads wife is in jail from a accident she had several years ago,so needless to say we have to do it all... We have to go to Alabama today hence in a few hours to identify his body then have him transported to Ga where they are from. My oldest brother leaves in the Phillipines and we have to wait for him to get here..hence 24 hour flight...Just gonna be a long week I believe...Keep prayers out for me,I am taking my computer dont know when and where I will get on it but i have it...

Love ya'll black teamers!!!!

Love you too Tamara! I am so very sorry for this...what a horrible thing to have to work through. I am saying my prayers for peace for you :heart: Jeannie
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm, like, dying, like.

This file is, like, going on, like, forever. And what's making it, like, worse, like, is that they're talking about, like, body image stuff, too. Like, as if this, like, 20 year old knucklehead, spoiled, like, brat, like Hollywood political daughter has, like, anything of, like, value to, like, say to anybody, like, outside of, like, California--

Aaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold me back-- somebody, like, hold me back!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Foreigner was great!!:love::glasses:
    They did all their hits and a few new ones which were really good. The newest lead singer (5 yrs) was fanTAStic and matched the orig songs note for note. At this stage in the game we are looking for nostalgia, not their new

Jeannie's food not so much. :laugh:

But I did dance my size 6 petite patootie off all night and most of the day!
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I'm, like, dying, like.

This file is, like, going on, like, forever. And what's making it, like, worse, like, is that they're talking about, like, body image stuff, too. Like, as if this, like, 20 year old knucklehead, spoiled, like, brat, like Hollywood political daughter has, like, anything of, like, value to, like, say to anybody, like, outside of, like, California--

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Like, hang in there lady:flowerforyou:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Tamara- Your in our thoughts and prayers. We :heart: you dear.

Hey team,

Sorry I have been MIA thes last 24 hours. I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and I have been a bit out of it. Sore and grumpy. I am not permitted to work out until tommorow evening and am spending most of my time icing it and loafing around. So much going on and I would love to reply to everyone but I am still feeling poopy so I am going to go back to whinning like a baby on the couch. lol Keep up the good work everyone! Your all on my mind. Especially, like, Marla and her um, like, horrible transcription assignment. lol

:drinker:

Andrew:sick: I hope you feel better soon!:flowerforyou:
    P.S. Your entitled to a little whining when you get a wisdom tooth pullled:wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm, like, dying, like.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Like, hang in there lady:flowerforyou:
    :noway: :sick:

Oh, thank God I'm done. putertired.gif

My husband and I are cracking down on the "likes," in our kids' speech for just this reason. This chick sounded like a complete idiot. And she had everything at her disposal, money money1.gif and opportunity wise, to be educated and inteligent-- and she's a moron. I can't tell you who she is, confidentiality agreement and all-- at least not until the project that she's working on comes out-- but, oh my. What a sad state our society is in, when this chick is representative of the "haves." swear1.gif

And the drivel she spewed, and the clueless way she was raised-- :noway: :noway: :noway: :huh: :huh: :huh: I don't know, folks, I just don't get it.

what made it worse, is that the type of service the client requested for this transcript only paid 80 cents per page-- when all was said and done, I only realized about $17 per hour I typed. I'm well up in the $20s these days, so it irks me all the more that I had to take extra time for this dunderhead, and got paid squat when it all comes out in the wash.

gaah.gif-- but, perspective-- beats starving, I guess. hanghead.gif

Now, to get me some java-- mornincoffee.gif, and tend to my offspring-- 42kmoig.giftantrumsmiley.gifgrouphugg.gif

have a great day one and all. oregonian_winesmiley.gif

And, like, listen to your, like, children today. If they, like, use the word, like, "Like," like in any other way than, like, as a simile, please think of your old, like, buddy, Marla over here, and like, tell 'em to, like, snapoutofit.gif.

thankyou.gif

:wink: Later, cats.