Anyone NOT eliminating food groups and still losing weight?

Options

Replies

• mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Over the past 2 months, I have lost 17 pounds. I'm VERY happy with that loss! I refuse to eliminate an entire food group from my diet. "Everything in moderation" is my motto. I can't imagine never again eating a doughnut, potatoes, or milk. I'd rather stay fat!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yep. Thats how I do it. I dont eliminate any food group at all. :)
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I've given up nothing. Just working out and tracking calories, while trying my best to make most of the calories good ones. Sometimes, they come from veggies and fish. Sometimes, the calories come from Cold Stone Creamery. So far, steady loss every week. :bigsmile:
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't eliminate anything. I eat whatever as long as it fits my calorie budget.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    There are no "off limits" foods for me! I try to make healthier substitutions when I can, or I budget them. From my heaviest weight to my goal weight, I lightened up by 50-ish pounds.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Not eliminated anything, but I do eat more protein.

This is me too! I have small desserts instead of half a cake, and I eat twice as much protein as I used to, which means keeping carbs under 200g to make sure I get enough protein. But I still eat the same foods, just smaller portions, more veggies and more protein.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I eat out of all food groups, just less of it.

And some people clearly don't know what a food group is, haha.
    Pizza, sugar and alcohol aren't food groups.

Pizza covers all the major food group when properly topped.
    A sign hanging in our local pizzeria proclaims "A well balanced diet is a slice in each hand " :love:

Yes, pizza is still a winner in my book! It has all the macro-nutrients (carbs, protein, fats) and the four basic food groups (grains, dairy, meat, veggies). Winner, winner, pizza dinner! :laugh: :tongue:
  • schustc
    schustc Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Not eliminated anything, but I do eat more protein.

^^This. Protein - oh and - I eat a LOT more fruits and veggies. I would say I have ADDED more to my diet, and not really eliminated anything. By process of increasing some of the healthier foods, I eat less of the non-healthy ones - However - I haven't cut anything out. :)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I don´t eliminate any food group, except candy and soda.
    I have lost 30lbs and done so by eating smaller portions and more often through out the day and do exercise every day
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not done, but I've lost 40 pounds since June without eliminating food groups.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 55lbs without eliminating any macros. Only thing I've cut out was soda, but I would have anyway and I don't miss it at all. I do try to eat as little processed though. I'm an 80/20 kind of person.
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I haven't eliminated any food group, in fact there's very little I have eliminated completely since I started this. I don't do all the macro tracking either, I just get a good balance of protein, carbs, fats and dairy through portion control and the amount of space each takes up on my plate. Hasn't stopped, or hindered, me losing weight every week since I started this back in March.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    Like a lot of other people, I don't eliminate a group, but eat a variety in moderation. I've lost 35-40 pounds in the a little over 3 months. I have had a few chocolate milkshakes over that time from a local place that makes the BEST milkshakes in the world, but unlike last summer, I don't have one 3-4 times a week.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker ask me this very thing. He wanted to know what foods I couldn't eat anymore. I told him there wasn't anything I couldn't eat. I am right now allowed 1450 calories per day. If I wanted to go eat a 1000 calorie meal at McDonalds, I could. As long as I don't eat over 450 calories the rest of the day...or exercise like crazy to make up for the huge calorie meal. So, I eliminate nothing. I just practice strict portion control. It works for me.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I haven't eliminated any food group: whole grain, veggies, fruit, dairy, meat. . . it's all good. I don't eat fast food, but then, I don't consider fast food a "food group." I try to avoid processed food, not for weight loss but for healthy nutrition.
  • jabbajazzie
    Options
    I haven't eliminated anything and I've managed to lose 7lbs in a month since I started using myfitnesspal. I take everything in moderation and follow the serving size, and drink plenty of water. Every Saturday, I have a cheat day where eat whatever I want but at the same time I try to modify it. This keeps me from going crazy as I am a bit peculiar and mindful of what I eat throughout the rest of the week.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Everyone Cuts down on something wither its carbs or sugar.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    -130 w/o eliminating food groups
  • scowper
    scowper Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9lb since the start of September and haven't banned anything, just had a bit of whatever I wanted in moderation. Once a week I let myself break my calorie limit as long as it leaves me under for the week. Last night I had a Chinese take away and a couple of ciders, I'm still 1800 calories under my weekly limit. As soon as you tell yourself you're not allowed something you'll only crave it more in my opinion
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've eaten healthier and exercise more, but I get a coffee from starbucks, or ice cream every once in awhile. I don't completely eliminate them but I don't watch stuff such as carbs either. I just eat healthier foods. I've found that since I have, my body seems to not like a lot of the food I used to eat. As long as I eat a little bit of it, and not a lot I'm okay, but if I have a lot of the foods I used to eat, I end up getting sick from it. ~ Learned this friday night actually!