Is 25 too old to be single?

Options

Replies

• jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, pretty much assume I'll be single forever. Woo.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    People live to be like a hundred years old. What's the rush?
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    You serious?
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I got married the first time when I was 20. That was far too young. I got married the second time ( and last ) when I was 31. I was much more prepared and had a real handle on life by that time. Don't worry about what you think you should be doing. Just be who you are, and things will fall in place when they are supposed to. You don't live your life based on what others are doing or you're going to end up disappointed all the time.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    23-25 seems FAR too young to get married to me.

Of course, I'm now 37 and just getting ready to get engaged. There ws no way I was ready for marriage in my 20's and it took me a long time to find the right person once I was ready.

As you get older you'll stop worrying so much what anyone else thinks. At least, I hope so. Make yourself happy. It sounds cheesy, but find your passions and your dreams and follow all that. The right relationship will follow. And even if it never does you'll me happy anyway with everything else.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I too had a whole "life plan" for myself. I was to graduate college by 22, get married by 24, have my first child by 25. I'll be turning 29 on the 24th and I graduated college at 25, not married and no kids and I couldn't be happier with how my life has turned so far:))

As long as YOU'RE happy, that's all that matters. You can't compare yourself to anybody else because they aren't you. They don't have your experience and your life. As I'm now thinking, I can't imagine my 23 yr old self getting married. I'm SO different now than I was 6 years ago. I actually probably would've ended up divorced if I had married the guy I was dating when I was 23, haha.

As long as you're happy. That's what's most important. Nobody is living your life for you
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Everbody is different and matures at a different pace, but, I don't think anyone is ready for marriage until they have learned to live on their own. Pay their own way. Handle their own problems.

People should not get married out of need.

They should get married, when they are self sufficient and when they find another person that is also independent.
  • Smiling_Sara
    Smiling_Sara Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being single at any age.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Everbody is different and matures at a different pace, but, I don't think anyone is ready for marriage until they have learned to live on their own. Pay their own way. Handle their own problems.

People should not get married out of need.

They should get married, when they are self sufficient and when they find another person that is also independent.

If I waited until I was mature enough I'd have never gotten married...
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Societal pressures/expectations suck. I am 40 and have never been married, and don't expect I ever will be, and have currently been technically single for a long, long time, and I am perfectly ok with that, because it is MY life to live and be content with, not anyone else's...
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    definitely not
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Um, no. I'm 33 and single (never been engaged, married, no kids). I'm as happy as a clam.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I got married at 21.

My daughter is 25 in a relationship but not marreid or engaged.

My son is 28 not married, engaged, or in a relationship--playing the field as he says.

My cousin is 47 never married.

Friend was 40 before first boyfriend and eventual marriage....

There is no set time frame for marriage or anything else. Just live your life the way it makes you happy!
  • corndog33
    Options
    I didn't marry until I was 33. Don't rush it. Find the right person for you.

I read a study that said the more mature you are, the better chance you have of having a marriage that lasts in this day and age of quickie divorces and 60% divorce rates. Now I don't think they were downing those who got married young, because it's dependent upon the individuals in the relationship, but as you mature your priorities do change.

Just enjoy life and do things that make you happy. Go out and have some adventures while you're still young enough to enjoy them. It's hard to go zip-lining or sky diving with a baby strapped to your back. :laugh:
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    If it is, I'm screwed....

All joking aside, NO. Enjoy life, take your time to establish yourself in the world and do the things you want to do now. If you find the right woman along the way, that's awesome. If not, you have plenty of time. Don't let someone else's standards define you.

ENJOY LIFE.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good god, I hope not.

I'm 27.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    without meaning to make you feel worse my husband *cringes a little* Was 25 when we met. Certainly not old, he's nearly 30 now and only just married. His brother got married a week later in his 40's to a woman he's known about a year or so, so he was in his 40's when he met her. Social convention likes to make us think that we should be married and have kids before we hit 30, but the truth is that statistics say this is not happening, more people wait till their 30's to settle into that kind of relationship than ever before. And while you may be surrounded by people who are there, you should be in absolutely no rush to get there yourself so long as you're happy in your own skin.

Also, don't be reluctant to add married people as friends. We won't all rub your face in the difference in marital status, unless we're newlyweds and then yeah, better off not adding us as I've been telling random people in the street that I'm married >_< Bad me. But people are people and marital status is really insignificant. My aunt, for example, is well into her 40's, coming up to her 50's really fast and has NEVER been married, she's had about five boyfriends in her life and none of them serious, never even moved out of her parents house. She now owns her parents house so it was a really good strategy, but she's very happy by herself and doesn't need a man to make her happy. She's not even looking. She's happier in her life than about half the people I know who have been married. So...yeah...there's a point in there somewhere, but I fell down the stairs and can't seem to remember where I was going with it.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    If 25 is too old... than I'm ancient. I'm 28 (and will be 29 in January). I've never been in a relationship. I see all of my friends around me married and having kids, though... so I know exactly h ow you feel.
  • steph0924
    steph0924 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    No.