30day shred

Options

Replies

• KLPlatinum
    Options
    Ok, I may have lied (not on purpose) but I just did a search for 30DS and I didn't find it. I thought it was in there because my sister logs it for her exercise, but maybe she just added it as an exercise for her database, since she uses a HRM. I was in a group on MFP that was doing 30DS together and it looked like people were averaging between 200-300 for 30DS. If you aren't in great shape, I would say you are closer to the 300. But if you are in pretty good shape, maybe 200 is right. Also, I logged 30DS as 25 (which it is with the warmup and cool down), that might give you more calories.

I also did additional cardio (jogging or ellptical) with the 30DS, so I would meet my personal goal of 40 min of cardio 5 times a week.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Yeah thanks :)
    I did try too find it but couldnt haha ......so im just gonna stick with circuit training general and do my extra 30 mins of cardio a day which gives me close to my goal for the day so then i know with the 30 day shred added on ill be meeting or going over my calorie exercise goal :)

i wil maybe try and invest in a hrm in the future but cant right now :S
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    if so that says 25 mins is 193 calories and according too MFP i need to burn 215 a day so what do i do?

Hi :)
    I used circuit training before I got a HRM. I burn around 215 calories on the 30ds level 3 if that helps?

If you're burning 193 calories you could always go for a 15 min walk to boost calories burnt to 215??

Hope you enjoy the 30 ds as much as me! No idea what i'll do once I've finished it!
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did day 3 level 1 yesterday and really felt as tho I couldnt put the effort into it that I needed to so am having a rest day today fom it. Am expecting my poisture when exercising will start to get better after a few more days as well, that's when I know the work outs will truly begin.

Have looked at some of the before and after pics on aother post and they are truly motivational.

Good luck everyone.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    day 3 for me today! body aching in places when im move haha going to do it tonight see how i feel. I am aiming tohave a rest day every 5 days so going too try and PUSH myself haha.

I have taken before pics so i can see if there is an improvement! i hope there will be!

how did day 4 go trixiemou?

:)
  • trixiemou
    Options
    HI, Day 4 is today and feel like I should cope ok. Yesterday was a rest day, I just knew my body wouldn't do it haha. I can feel a bit of an ache in my arms today but that'll be the weight they are lifting. Am well into this tho.

Good luck for today, tell you later how I fared chloejaneg100.

keep up the pressure everyone!
  • tinjc
    tinjc Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started this video back up today. I have been using it off and on for over a year but never do 30 days straight. Does anyone know if you should do 30 days in a row? That was what I thought she was saying in the video, but I have also been told that you should let your body rest.
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Hi tinjc, my impression is you do what you can. Some have said that 4-5 days with a rest in between, others have gone all the way through. I managed 3 days, 1 rest day and am about to start again. Then maybe do 10 days at each level. I don't think there is a wrong way to do.

Question folks.......

This may make me sound like a right bozo but when you talk about 5lb weights are you talking 5lbs in each hand or would that make it 10lb?

Cheers
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Yeah im on day 4 today as well! see how i go tonight after work!
    i feel like it is getting a bit easy now too kepp going i find the jumping rope the hardest!

annnnnd i am aiming for 5 days on 1 day off and then every ten days change the level

my hand weights are 2kgs together thats just under 5lbs

:D
  • gemstone29
    Options
    Jillian actually has her own weight loss tracking app, it has all her dvds in the exercise tracking section so I use it litteraly just to track my calories from her workouts and then enter something with the same calories! Such great workouts! I reccomend killer buns and thighs if you dont mind not being able to walk the next day! :laugh:
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    I was putting in circuit training but I recently got a hrm..I was wayyyyy underestimating alot of my exercise!
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Day 2 for me! I haven't worked out in a lonnnnngggg time and it is def TOUGH but I feel soo good afterwards :-) Hopefully we all get some great results!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Hi, this is day5 level 1.

I did three days then 1 days rest. I felt today that I was more coordinated and had better posture. My arms seem to be taking the hardest toll and I am sure I can see some shape forming. Having said that when it came to cooling down on the very last exercise I could hardly keep my balance - good work out or what haha.

Thanks for the gen on the weights I do not feel like such a whimp now.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Day 5 for me today as well
    day four yesterdasy was good! i am sure it is getting abit easier and yeah my arms definetaly feel it during the exercise!

I feel like i can see a difference in body already!!! :D

i checked out Jillians app and i chose level one 30 day shred 25 minutes on the exercise part of the app and it gave me 163 calories
  • botaijm
    botaijm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago and loved it! It works out to be 20 min circuit training. It's a great workout! Level 2 sucked but keep it up you can do it!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Bumping this so as I don't lose it. Couldn't manage yesterday, wasn't up to it. Not JM's fault may I add. Raring to go today but will have to get back to it later. Good work out everyone!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    Question folks.......

This may make me sound like a right bozo but when you talk about 5lb weights are you talking 5lbs in each hand or would that make it 10lb?

Cheers

i have two sets, one of 3lb each and another of 5lb.
    after a few days i was able to use my 5lb (10lb total) through the whole workout.
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I find 20 minutes of exercise a day isn't enough if I want to both lose weight and not eat like a starving orphan. So for Level 1 of 30DS I did 35 mins of cardio prior, and now that I'm into Level 2 I just do a 10-min cardio warm-up and then Level 1 and 2 back-to-back. It's been working great!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm on level one and use a hrm for logging, generally I burn between 160 and 190 kcals for level 1. I use 3 kg weights, that's about 6.6 pounds. However, I replace all the jumping excercises with lower impact versions because I damaged my knees with an earlier attempt to get through the 30 ds. Also I can't advise enough to take rest days!
  • trixiemou
    Options
    Thanks for the advice on here. The weights for me are a bit of a struggle as it it my arms that seem to give out first. Will aim to increase them tho. Funnily enough I also am finding that 20 mins is not enough (I remember when I thought it was quite enough, thankyou) so do swimming or walking on some days.

That's day 5, level 1 completed for me. Will have to do a catch up as I missed a day yesterday as well.

Keep going guys, its worth it.