30day shred

Options

Replies

• chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Did day 6 level 3 last night! Is going really well i am enjoying it still and looking forward to doing it, i love the intervals in level 3- in level 2 i didnt like them haha

my thigh muscles are definely feeling it and are feeling alot more toned and my abs are more toned as well when i feel the area - i just still have that fat pouch over my belly button but it has shrunk a little! haha

I am also doing the last toning move - the one with the leg raises on my knees as i find mu shoulders hurt too much and my back if i am fully up on the weights- i may give it a go tonight doing it the advanced way :S

last night i also did 30 mins zumba and butt bible level one

Hope everyone os getting on ok!

Happy shredding! looking forward too seeing those result photos! :D
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Day 23 (day 4 of level 3)

Still liking this level more than level 2, and starting to feel like I'm making progress on it. The intervals are definitely easier than level 2, but I do pause this one frequently to get some water & catch my breath. I find pausing to catch my breath really, really helps me to push through the routines with more strength than before. I also am finally feeling like my stomach *might* be a little flatter, but it's hard for me to judge because anything I eat makes my stomach pooch out. I'm learning quickly that I have to judge any improvement off what it looks like first thing in the morning or it's not really a good comparison.

All in all, I definitely feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of this dvd, and am looking forward to continuing on with it when finished (probably alternating levels each day).
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    violet976 I have to judge my stomach off of what i look like first thing in the morning as well as anything i eat makes my stomach bloat out a bit, but i am sure mine has gotten flatter.

I can def feel my arms toning up underneath i just have that layer of fat over my belly button which i hate with a passion!!
    i am really enjoying level 3 - i feel so strong and so proud of myself. i did the last toning sequence with the weights and leg raises for the first time today in a full plank not on my knees.

i did day 8 today and did butt bible as well - my legs are def feeling toned!

Violet976 i think i am going to carry on with it after day 9 and 10 too and alternating is a good idea1 i hadn't thought of that!
    nervous to put up my result photos next week!
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 24 (day 5 of level 3)

Getting easier today, and I found a way to make it much more enjoyable (though honestly, I really don't hate this level much anymore anyway). Since I'm a bit more familiar with the level now, I ended up making a grooveshark playlist of some peppy Maroon 5 songs, put it on shuffle & cranked it up. First I danced around simply because the music was catchy, then I turned up the 30DS just enough that I could make out her instructions and left the music cranked. All in all, I think the routine felt a bit longer this way (probably because I didn't have her countdowns on each exercise to clue me in that I was almost done with each) & partly because I now pause the dvd each time I need a drink of water or to catch my breath. I find that I can pull through each exercise stronger if I simply pause the dvd & rest for a moment, and now when I pause I simply dance around to whatever song is on. *MUCH* more enjoyable, in my opinion.

& for those in or coming up on level 3, I can say that this level really does get easier. I can do everything except the rockstar jumps, which I just do squats during, and probably at least half of the advanced moves. I'm still not seeing the results/toning I had hoped for, but there is a huge change in my endurance now so I'm hoping this was the push I needed to keep going with other routines down the line. (Thinking Killer Buns & Thighs next).
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Love reading your comments on level three. I have just done day 8 level two so am nearly there. Am really looking forward to level 3, how crazy is that! I can see a difference in my shape and today was weird its as though there is a layer of fat gone, or moved which makes the next layer more noticeable - by its absence, if you see what I mean. I have taken more rest periods than you guys but its good still to see and feel the difference,

have a good day everyone!
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of Level 3. I seem to have a love/hate relationship with this level. It is definitely my favourite, as it seems to be the least boring one of them. I enjoy the first half, probably because I can work with my own body weight instead of a set of weights. The last circuit, especially the cardio part, is tough.
    I love the superman and hate the jumping lunges.

I'm gonna stick to this level for 15 days instead of 10, I think. One of the reasons is that I took my before picture on day 3 and measurements on day 5, and I want the after pics/measurements after exactly 30 days. The other reason is that I really like this level and I feel like it's going to be very effective.
    After that, it's going to be Ripped in 30. These short workouts are exactly what I needed to begin and to stay on track. It worked just like I hoped it would. So that might be the way to go for me.

Today, right after I got up I did 3 real pushups. I know it sounds like nothing but I was NEVER able to do even one third of a real push up before I started this DVD. Now I can do 3, after only 2 levels.
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 25 (day 6 of level 3)

Did the routine again with a good playlist going, and it really does make a world of difference. I still only made it through half of the plank arm/leg lifts alternating with the pushups for the advanced level, but that's more than I did on day 1 of level 3. & I still find that pausing for a few seconds and dancing to the music helps get me through the areas that really kick my butt. :p

... 4 more days to go, and I'm feeling soooo excited. I'm not really expecting to see much difference in my day 6 vs day 30 photos, but I'm still pumped to move into Killer Buns & Thighs next to see if there are any results to be had there.

@ SleeplessinBerlin: I've noticed that same great change in my ability to handle some pushups now, as well as my ability to do the planks (which I couldn't even hold for 5 seconds on day one of level two). Also, for the jumping on level three, I have to improvise with my knees. I do the beginner for the jumping lungers, can actually do the jumping squats carefully, and simply have to do regular squats in place of the final rockstar jumps as they kill my knees.
  • Brookelynann
    Options
    This 30 day shred, how do I become a part ? Is their any program to down load or what ? Sounds like something to finally stick too.
  • violet976
    Options
    You just need the dvds & then feel free to join in. We're all at different points in the 30 day routine, some with other activities as well & others not. You can also check out YouTube (I think each level is available there for free), or perhaps you can nab them from your local library. I actually stumbled on this dvd at my local library, and liked it so much I went on amazon to buy it along with two others.
  • fragrantair
    Options
    Just got through level 1 day 6. It's pretty easy now, can anyone tell me how level 2 is?? :S
  • violet976
    Options
    @ fragrantair: Sorry to say, but I *hated* level 2 right up until that 10 day mark. Made level 3 seem much more enjoyable though.

Day 27 (day 7 of level 3), and I can definitely say it's getting easier. Still not cakewalk, but I'm actually enjoying this level now if I crank my own music up. I feel *much* more capable that I did at the beginning, my breathing has improved and I'm not nearly as out of breath, but a few of the jumping exercises still catch up with me in muscle soreness.

Loving the results I'm seeing in my stomach. Starting to see some bits of definition and it really is staying flatter most of the day. Not seeing what I hoped for in the butt & thighs, but I now feel like I have the energy and endurance to keep going & I feel like I am capable of getting myself there one day. Also thinking about incorporating in some yoga, as my posture & sore spot on my back are irking me, and I'm hoping the yoga will do the trick. My back injury isn't hurting more than usual, but now that I'm really trying to look better & improve my posture, I find that I can't hold a good back stance for more than 30 seconds before that spot on my back makes itself known...

Just 3 days left... what's next? :p
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    HI, Just done day 9 level 2 tonight. Funny thing is I actually felt Frumpy when I was doing it, too many bulges and flabby bits showing. before this I seemed to look better. Maybe I was closer to the mirror haha.

I quite like level 2, its much better than level 2 but it does seem to go over quite quickly..... luckily.

I am really looking forward to level 3. I took a quick peak earlier on and it looks awesome!!!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Trixiemou it is awesome! i have enjoyed level 3 ---one more day left to go now. i did day 9 tonight and after a days rest on sunday i definitely struggled a bit more but pushed through and managed to do the leg lifts and arm raises near the end in full plank pose again!

i think after this 30 DS i am going too keep doing it but alternate the levels..does any one have any other ideas of what to do?

I want too try insanity but think i will wait until next year for that as i don't think my body is quite ready for that just yet! i had a look at the cardio dvd today and it looks HARD!!!!!

fragrantair - sorry but i hated level 2 as well! u will get through it and push yourself through it but it really wasnt as enjoyable as the other levels. but you will be fine :)
    brookelynann - i just do it off youtube all 3 levels are on there :)
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 28 (day 8 of level 3) :):):)

Doing better. I now pause between the harder exercises for about 30 seconds to regroup, and find it helps me push through each bit with more endurance. I just hit pause after each hard exercise & dance to my music, then hit play and go at it again. I figure I probably get more out of it that way rather than collapsing to the floor. :p

I'm still a tad bummed that I'm not completely ripped with a nice tight bum yet *sarcasm*, but definitely looking forward to continuing on this path. What a difference 30 days has made in kickstarting a great lifestyle change. <3

2 more days!!!
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    JUST FINISHED 30DS!!!!!!
    wooooppppieeeee!!! ,.........although i feel a bit lost now like i don't know what to do next :S

I think i will alternate 30ds on some days and do some zumba etc
    Photos will be up tomorrow or thursday after i can take my final one in the morning n when i have time to load them on.

bit nervous of what you guys are going to think as i don't have a dramatic difference like some result photos i have seen.
    BUT i have lost 3kgs and gone in at least 7cm on my waist and 3 on my hips- i will measure again in the morning.

I can definitely tell the difference in my body and how toned feels and looks. I don't have the 'abs of steel' she talks about or killer thighs but i can feel my abs are more toned underneath and on the sides and do look better than they did.

plus when i look at myself fin the mirror and look at the photos i have taken it almost seems to catch a but if a shadow on my ribs (i have quite stand out ribs with a layer of fat on them hahaha) which makes them look worse than what they are - my stomach/rib/ab area does look better in person than on some of the photos due to lighting.

But you will all get too see soon - fingers crosses u think i look as good as i feel i do!

haha
  • violet976
    Options
    @ Chloe: Congratulations! It must feel great to have finished. I wouldn't sweat your progress photos... mine are going to be quite similar. I'm small to start with, so really I'm just hoping to see even the slightest bit of toning & perhaps a slightly flatter stomach.

Every bit of improvement counts, no matter how small.
  • violet976
    Options
    - 30 Day Shred, day 29 (day 9 of level 3)

It felt so good knowing that tomorrow is my 30 day mark, with only 1 partial rest day (did level 2 that day, but didn't have weights on hand). I *think* I might see the slightest change in my stomach so I'll be curious to see the photo comparison tomorrow vs day 6. & really looking forward to beginning Killer Buns & Thighs on Saturday when I get my dvd back. <3
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Will you share the pics with us, Violet? Congratulations on getting this far! I still have 6 more days to go, however I took, my "before" pictures on day 3 so I will do at least 3 more days. (might do 5 more, because I took all the measurements even later).
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    How hard is this on knees? I have arthritis and have to watch until I bring my weight down more.
  • violet976
    Options
    @ SleeplessInBerlin: Sure thing. I don't expect you'll see much, but never know. I was small to begin with so I'm mainly hoping for some slight toning perhaps.

@ TinyTasha: I'd say it's a bit hard on the knees. I actually got myself a joint supplement which helped some, and improvise a few of the routines to be easier on my knees. Just sub in other exercises where you need to. Nothing is set in stone.