Anyone went from size 24 to around size 8?

Options

Replies

• K1tt
    K1tt Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look great themommie, good work
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my biggest size was, the largest I bought was a 28 and that got tight. I now fit comfortably in a 14 sometimes 12, 20 pounds from my goal so am thinking that size 10 will be the smallest for me and I am very much okay with that.
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yes themommie you look great! thanks for posting a pic. I love seeing before and afters its really motivating
  • jadeaudrey
    jadeaudrey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    what exercise did u guys do? I'm currently doing the elliptical machine 5x a week at home for only 20mins since i just started..then i plan to go longer.

I go to the gym and do their classes. I also do Insanity at home and eat clean. I just did the size conversion for aussie to us and I was US 22 and went to US 10. It has taken two years. It good to mix up your exercise so that your body doesn't get used to it. And weights are fantastic for toning. I think weights has helped me to tighten up and not get sagging skin
  • carrisaalejandre
    Options
    cool thanks for the tips! :wink:
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    16 to a 6... A fricken 6!!!
  • CanadianDot
    CanadianDot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'd love to be a not-plus-size someday! I went from plus size kids to plus size adults.

I'm starting at a size 30 right now. I've spent a lot of my time at a 24/26, but when I don't pay attention to what I'm eating, my weight skyrockets.
  • DawnEH612
    Options
    what exercise did u guys do? I'm currently doing the elliptical machine 5x a week at home for only 20mins since i just started..then i plan to go longer.
    One of the BEST ways to see your body transform is to add weight lifting. Too often, people just starting out want to hold off on lifting for some reason. But, that's a mistake... The sooner you begin lifting, the higher your metabolism. For every pound of muscle you gain, you burn an extra 50 calories a day...
    I recently went from a size 8 to a size 6 in less than a month with only about 2 pounds difference in my actual weight. The reason is because I lift and have been adding muscle.
    Get a good CD or use the Internet. A good website with accurate information and proper technique/form is the below. Good luck! Your CAN do this!
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/womens-workouts/
  • carrisaalejandre
    Options
    really dawn? me and my husband were talking about that he has lost his weight but needs more to lose and he wants to bulk up but he said hes going to lose the fat then do the weights because when you have a large amount of weight to lose doesn't the weights going to conflict with that?
  • DawnEH612
    Options
    really dawn? me and my husband were talking about that he has lost his weight but needs more to lose and he wants to bulk up but he said hes going to lose the fat then do the weights because when you have a large amount of weight to lose doesn't the weights going to conflict with that?
    absolutely... It's a myth, sort of, unless you are vey near your optimum physical shape.. I promise if you lift weights you will notice bigger improvements in your overall body shape than if you wait... DONT WAIT, honestly... Muscle helps boost your metabolism and helps you burn more with every activity you do , from working out to sleeping!
    "Gain muscle and lose fat at the same time!
    Yes! You can simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat, especially if you are beginning or intermediate bodybuilder – its tougher for advanced bodybuilders. Don’t believe those bulker/cutters who claim that you have to get fat to gain muscle, that’s a myth! To gain muscle at the same time as you are losing fat follow exactly the same nutritional advice as above – no difference. To add muscle, all you need to do is add a good resistance training program." See the link attached from where this quote came..
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-weight-and-building-6-pack-abs/
  • ZombieMercy
    ZombieMercy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a goal size, but I'm a 24 now....size 8 sounds great but sooooo far......
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I started at a borderline 22-20.. I am now a size 16 shirt and size 18 pants. My goal is size 14 though but I have plenty of progress pictures if you would like some inspiration!! :smile:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i've gone from an aussie 24 to aussie size 12 so far
  • carrisaalejandre
    Options
    yes cassie love to see them!
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a size 24 to a 16 now my goal is size 12 :)
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are quite inspirational! I dream of fitting into a 16! I've gone from a 22/24 to an 18/20 so far. Still a long way to go!
  • Elise_healthy4life
    Elise_healthy4life Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    18226c66.jpg
    77F0F9B1-819C-4CBE-BE0B-2E05B51FFFB2-2680-000003CAE2599FFF.jpg
    0b77157a.jpg
    DFCD0212-0B0F-4A08-B383-8571CEEF4F98-1460-000002DE5015E908.jpg
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    ME!!! Actually I'm more a size 6 now than an 8 ---

BeforeDuringandalmostafter_zpsf7b96622.jpg

I've got 6 more pounds to go to goal....I love it!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I was a UK 20 and am now a 10 - so not quite your goal, but close enough :)

Before and afters here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/762645-plain-ol-before-and-after
  • kataroo1
    Options
    I went from a size 22 to an 8 :) Took me two years of consistent exercise, strength training, and changing my eating habits. I didn't diet though. I have a blog with lots of pics... http://lauriekatiesowrite.blogspot.ca/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!