Anyone went from size 24 to around size 8?

Options

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I went from a Size 22-24 to a Size 10. I can wear 8 in some things, but it depends on the Brand/Designer whether I can wear it.
    :ohwell: No idea how to post Pictures in the Thread but there are Photos on my Profile.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I know I was wearing a size 26 for a while...
    Now I wear small/medium depending on brands.
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    what was every ones form of exercise starting out? and when do u feel results in your clothes I lost 12 so far since sept 15th I don't feel or see a change but my husband said he sees it...I don't think so...
  • Keeshaja
    Keeshaja Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    not there yet.... working on it
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    you are always the last to see it. trust me. i noticed when my neck and back fat were gone. i zumba'd. highly recommend it. helped me drop 70 pounds.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    what was every ones form of exercise starting out? and when do u feel results in your clothes I lost 12 so far since sept 15th I don't feel or see a change but my husband said he sees it...I don't think so...

I started out with walking and just dance 2. Then when I finally hit my 100's I did the 30 day shred. I'm hoping to start insanity sooner or later... I also jog.
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When I started I was a size 32W pant and 4/5X shirt. I am currently in a size 18W pant and 14/16W shirt. I still have about 60 lbs to go so I'm not sure what size I will be.
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    I have. I used to be a 24 and now wear an 8 or smaller depending on the brand.
  • GenieBB
    GenieBB Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me...
    You owe yourself 30 minutes a day of something intense. You need to get optimal burn in minimal time.
    Elliptical is good but it wont get you there quick enough and you may give up as a result of slow results! (i have an ellipitcal and it sits there collecting dust).
    I HIGHLY recommend any Jillian Michaels DVD you could start with 30 Day Shred, start with level one, its free on Youtube.
    It did wonders for me!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I was size 20-22 & now a size 12-14 (depending on the clothing maker) so I wonder if that can be counted? I don't have a full body before, perhaps a size 18 before but the one at size 22 I deleted cause that's what got me started here & crying. I don't have an after pic yet cause I'm still 1kg away from my goal.

BTW I run, zumba, resistance band (leg ones as well) Pilates, fitball, dance at home like an idiot (trust me that burs cals like crazy) and all I did start off with was walking 4km each night. Now I'm running 10km a day. Only took 7 months to get there & the difference is amazing. I saw someone yesterday I had not seen in 3 years. His 1st words were "Jacki what the **** happened? You got skinny." amazing boost that was.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bumping for inspiration later :)
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hope this works. Photobucket has been the worst lately.

I've been from a size 24/26 to a size 6/8. Gained a bit back and I'm in a 15/16, but I'm working on that.

image-2-1-1.jpg
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    OMG funkyspunky! you were where exactly where i started and where my weight goal is!!! you look great!! exactly what I want to accomplish!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,905 Member
    Options
    I was pretty close to that size, and I was wearing size 8 jeans on Saturday. (I'm wearing 10's today, but they're huge). You can find my before and after pics on a blog I wrote to celebrate one year on MFP.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/77tes

If I can do it anybody can.:happy: Best of luck! :flowerforyou:
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics, I was size 18 maybe more, I had some 2X and 3X. I can wear an 8 in some things. 1 dress is a size 6. Lately, I haven't lost any weight, but went down a couple pants sizes. I can wear kids' sized tops and my 13 yr old gets hand me down clothes, some she doesn't want, I can wear. I never thought that would ever happen. I'm in TOPS weight loss group and feel like at this pace, I won't ever lose the weight and get to my goal, but now I am trying to make sure I wear clothes that are the smaller size, so they fit, so I can feel myself getting full when I eat.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have so far gotten down to a size 12/14 from a 22. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds or so so I really do not know what size I will be when I am finally there.I am thinking that I will probobly be a size 9 or 10.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

walking and water aerobics for cardio. this time last year i couldnt even walk up the steps from the train without stopping in the middle OR going ll the way to the top and feeling like my heart was going to jump out of my through. i basically did walking and water aerobics until i could keep my heart rate at least 130 for 60 minutes straight without feeling like i was going to die. at first a 60 minute cardio session would take me 2 hours because i kept needing to stop :laugh:

for weights i revisited the basic compound strength movements (squat, deadlifts, bench press, barbell row, assisted pullups ) and worked on getting the form right before even worrying about adding weight. also yoga.
  • Domestic_Hippie
    Domestic_Hippie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am nowhere near a size 8 lol but I did go from a size 26 to a 16 :) I am currently working on the 60 pounds to get me down to goal after a break and a baby. I have no idea how to post pics here or I would...
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    this thread is just wonderful. really wonderful
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    really dawn? me and my husband were talking about that he has lost his weight but needs more to lose and he wants to bulk up but he said hes going to lose the fat then do the weights because when you have a large amount of weight to lose doesn't the weights going to conflict with that?
    absolutely... It's a myth, sort of, unless you are vey near your optimum physical shape.. I promise if you lift weights you will notice bigger improvements in your overall body shape than if you wait... DONT WAIT, honestly... Muscle helps boost your metabolism and helps you burn more with every activity you do , from working out to sleeping!
    "Gain muscle and lose fat at the same time!
    Yes! You can simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat, especially if you are beginning or intermediate bodybuilder – its tougher for advanced bodybuilders. Don’t believe those bulker/cutters who claim that you have to get fat to gain muscle, that’s a myth! To gain muscle at the same time as you are losing fat follow exactly the same nutritional advice as above – no difference. To add muscle, all you need to do is add a good resistance training program." See the link attached from where this quote came..
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-weight-and-building-6-pack-abs/

Let me make a correction,my wife said i was trying to bulk,i am not. By bulking she meant me lifting weights to get more muscle definition. I dont agree with bulking process.But what i did tell her was that muscle weighs more than fat. If someone is trying to lose weight,and make the number on the scale smaller, i dont think lifting weights would help that number go down. I currently lift weights once a week just to get some definition,but once i reach weight goal, i will amp up my lifting drastically. These are ideas and guidelines i have picked up from personal trainers,and nutritionists. I also believe that it all depends on what the individual is trying to accomplish.
    Actually I wasn't talking about bulking up, either. I was talking about trimming up.. Increasing your metabolic rate, which is key if you're trying to loose weight. Just a small correction about muscle weighing more than fat.. A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle.. They both weight one pound. The difference you ask. Well, muscle is DENSER, smoother and leaner than fat so a pound of fat will look softer and bigger than a pound of muscle. However, that one pound of muscle can burn about 50 extra calories/day over that one pound of fat... This is all factual information. In the long run a persons that weights 150 pounds and has 30% body FAT will look fluffier, softer and bigger than and person that is 150 pounds that is at 20% body fat... The later will be in smaller clothes, look leaner and burn far more calories in a day, all else being equal.

Good info, but i still say its better to loose the fat before building muscle. :) Besides, what works for one,might not work for the other.
    True statement, that what works for one may not work for another... But a person will ever know how they'll respond, unless they try it... Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!