Anyone went from size 24 to around size 8?

Options

Replies

• mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I started at 20AU, and am now a 14-16AU. Goal is to be a size 12AU. :)
  • nmullins81
    nmullins81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

you never know. i've lost a big 0 pounds in the past 2 months but dropped 2 pant sizes. i'm rethinking my weight goal because at this rate, if i reached my weight goal, i'd end up a size 2 which is way below my goal size of 6
    [/quote]

I hear you on that! I thought I wanted to be a size 8 and now that I am there, I still have more to lose to have the look I want and another 15lbs to go. I think sizes have changed.
  • cleanandlean2012
    cleanandlean2012 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I started a UK size 22, currently I am in an 18 (nearly 16 :). I have lost 22lbs in 9 weeks, with another 88lbs to go (ideally by 27th June 2013). All the best. Stay committed and one step at a time. I have mostly cut out wheat, and have completely cut out processed foods. I only have a sweet treat on a Saturday evening.

I injured my back for the first 6 weeks, however have resumed running (4 times a week). just completed a 10k yesterday so having a couple of days off. Also going to try to add in resistance training and weights - all of this is done at home as I live rurally. Much easier if you have a gym near by.

Keep it up!
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    started at a size 24....curently a loose 22 and a tight 20....my goal would be to get to a twelve. anyone add me if you like
  • brenda4life
    brenda4life Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You will get there.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Started a UK 20/22 and I'm now a UK 18 on the bottom and 14 on the top after 40lbs lost. I still have a big bum :P
  • 311melissa
    311melissa Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Strength training is very necessary for fat loss. I learned that the best technique to do is to lift as heavy as you can while keeping good form. Good form is key when lifting weights because you can hurt yourself. Free weights are also better than machines because they also work stabilizing muscles. I do kickboxing now and there isn't a lot of strength training so I have to get motivated to join a gym so I can lift weights. Definitely use a guide to make sure you are using proper form and try to work out in front of a mirror.

I have a long way to go myself and my journey has been very frustrating so far so I know how you feel. Good luck and stay motivated. :)
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I started at a 22 and am currently in an 8. I have before, and during pics in my profile album. I think the smallest most recent pics I have are me in a size 10. It is definitely worth the effort and work!!
  • swagner73
    swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Same here. When I was in high school, I was a size 16 & thought I was HUGE. I have a large frame anyway & have always weighed a lot more than I should but looking back on my pictures from high school, I looked good! LOL I wish I was as "fat' now as I was then. I'll be ecstatic when I get back to a 16.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    They are on my ticker....went from 232 pounds to 118 size 20 to size 6
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 18 (might have been 16, can't remember exactly), to a size 8. Keep in mind I'm 5' 11" . Pics are on the first page of this thread if you're curious

www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/744156-mfp-s-biggest-losers
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started as a 22 and I'm at 16 right now. It's great. I'm not worried about the size as much as I am the number on the scale. I don't know if I could ever get to below a 12... I'm just built strange.
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 18/20 (and that was very very tight) weighing in at 225 pounds and am now comfortable in 8's and 9/10's weighing in at 159 this morning! 12's are even starting to fall off me! I am 5'4". I am about half way to my goal. Pics are in my profile because i haven't figured out how to do it yet on a thread! LOL
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I started as a borderline 24. Now I am a size 14/16 and maintaining while taking a little break. Slow and steady is what is going to win the race for me.

No pics. I'm not ready yet.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I was once a size 18 and now an 8.

I don't think I have any pics from size 18 though. that was about 8 years ago.
    weight has been up and down over those years. most recently I've gone from a size 14 to an 8 in the last year.
  • plymouth2119
    Options
    I was a size 18 228 lbs, 5'3 now a size 6, cw 148, gw 140! It can be done, I cut out all dairy, processed foods, eat clean only!
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Everyone's success stories are wonderful! There is hope after all! :laugh: I literally can't wait til I can post about how many sizes I have gone down!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    All these before and after pictures are so inspiring and motivating. Applauds to all of you!!! I started at a size 18W and I am now in a 14 misses. I don't know what my final pants size will be but I have about 40 more pounds to lose.
  • alicia0416
    alicia0416 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I went from a size 22 to a size 6/7 (juniors) here are the pics.......

BEFORE: Around a size 18-20
    5e476c17_zps1aed2fe9.jpg

AFTER: about a size 6/7 juniors
    mewedding_zpsdbc81504.jpg

Still got a bit of ways to go but I'm gettin there
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!