Anyone went from size 24 to around size 8?

Options

Replies

• NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I went from a 20 to a 4/6 depending on the brand. My pictures are in my profile if you want to take a look. You can do it!!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3", and July of last year I was a 22, and the dress I tried on this dress for my husband's high school reunion is an 8!

fatcollageresized.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg
    Blacksize8-1.jpg
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    awesome well done
  • mynika0524
    mynika0524 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I feel so motivated! Thank you for sharing!
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow thanks for posting your pics! you look great! what exercise did you do when you first started out?
  • guyfromdogtown
    guyfromdogtown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    really dawn? me and my husband were talking about that he has lost his weight but needs more to lose and he wants to bulk up but he said hes going to lose the fat then do the weights because when you have a large amount of weight to lose doesn't the weights going to conflict with that?
    absolutely... It's a myth, sort of, unless you are vey near your optimum physical shape.. I promise if you lift weights you will notice bigger improvements in your overall body shape than if you wait... DONT WAIT, honestly... Muscle helps boost your metabolism and helps you burn more with every activity you do , from working out to sleeping!
    "Gain muscle and lose fat at the same time!
    Yes! You can simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat, especially if you are beginning or intermediate bodybuilder – its tougher for advanced bodybuilders. Don’t believe those bulker/cutters who claim that you have to get fat to gain muscle, that’s a myth! To gain muscle at the same time as you are losing fat follow exactly the same nutritional advice as above – no difference. To add muscle, all you need to do is add a good resistance training program." See the link attached from where this quote came..
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/losing-weight-and-building-6-pack-abs/

Let me make a correction,my wife said i was trying to bulk,i am not. By bulking she meant me lifting weights to get more muscle definition. I dont agree with bulking process.But what i did tell her was that muscle weighs more than fat. If someone is trying to lose weight,and make the number on the scale smaller, i dont think lifting weights would help that number go down. I currently lift weights once a week just to get some definition,but once i reach weight goal, i will amp up my lifting drastically. These are ideas and guidelines i have picked up from personal trainers,and nutritionists. I also believe that it all depends on what the individual is trying to accomplish.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    really dawn? me and my husband were talking about that he has lost his weight but needs more to lose and he wants to bulk up but he said hes going to lose the fat then do the weights because when you have a large amount of weight to lose doesn't the weights going to conflict with that?
    absolutely... It's a myth, sort of, unless you are vey near your optimum physical shape.. I promise if you lift weights you will notice bigger improvements in your overall body shape than if you wait... DONT WAIT, honestly... Muscle helps boost your metabolism and helps you burn more with every activity you do , from working out to sleeping!
    Yes! You can simultaneously gain muscle and lose fat, especially if you are beginning or intermediate bodybuilder – its tougher for advanced bodybuilders. Don’t believe those bulker/cutters who claim that you have to get fat to gain muscle, that’s a myth! To gain muscle at the same time as you are losing fat follow exactly the same nutritional advice as above – no difference. To add muscle, all you need to do is add a good resistance training program." See the link attached from where this quote came..

Let me make a correction,my wife said i was trying to bulk,i am not. By bulking she meant me lifting weights to get more muscle definition. I dont agree with bulking process.But what i did tell her was that muscle weighs more than fat. If someone is trying to lose weight,and make the number on the scale smaller, i dont think lifting weights would help that number go down. I currently lift weights once a week just to get some definition,but once i reach weight goal, i will amp up my lifting drastically. These are ideas and guidelines i have picked up from personal trainers,and nutritionists. I also believe that it all depends on what the individual is trying to accomplish.
    Actually I wasn't talking about bulking up, either. I was talking about trimming up.. Increasing your metabolic rate, which is key if you're trying to loose weight. Just a small correction about muscle weighing more than fat.. A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle.. They both weight one pound. The difference you ask. Well, muscle is DENSER, smoother and leaner than fat so a pound of fat will look softer and bigger than a pound of muscle. However, that one pound of muscle can burn about 50 extra calories/day over that one pound of fat... This is all factual information. In the long run a persons that weights 150 pounds and has 30% body FAT will look fluffier, softer and bigger than and person that is 150 pounds that is at 20% body fat... The later will be in smaller clothes, look leaner and burn far more calories in a day, all else being equal.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    A size 8 can be hard to find if you have birthing hips!
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    I started at a size 24 currently a size 10, I have lost 105 lbs .......YOU CAN DO IT , just stick with it and concentrate on 10 lbs at a time

here are my pics
    this is right before starting MFP I am in the red top
    BQjUQl.jpg

this pic was taken a couple months ago
    pQi92l.jpg

Omg! You look great!!!! Congrats on your weight loss! I'm in complete Awe of you right now! Gives me hope! :flowerforyou:
  • mightymac
    mightymac Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to go from an 18 to a 10!
    mee too, not far to go now
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Started at a size 28, now a size 10. Lost 100 lbs. If you take a look at my profile, I have one called "Butterfly" - - you'll be able to see the transition :happy:
  • gpteran
    gpteran Posts: 37
    Options
    Great advise from each and everyone. I have to agree completely with the exercise. You can lose weight with just diet but you will be much healthier getting in exercise. Plus you will be able to more and not have that starving feeling because you're going to need those extra calories for your work outs. As long as you make sure your calories are a good C/P/F ratio and a healthy source you should be heading in the right direction. :)
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but I was a size 24.. 3 weeks ago, I could fit into my size 20 jeans (big woohoo!) and omg yesterday, I tried on a pair of 18's at the store and they FIT !

I am going to get my butt into smaller and smaller clothes! I am hoping to be in at least a presentable one piece bathing suit for next summer and maybe bikini by late summer lol.

Aug SW was 240... Sept SW was 234... Oct SW was 226. I'll see you in the misses' dept !
  • carrisaalejandre
    carrisaalejandre Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but I was a size 24.. 3 weeks ago, I could fit into my size 20 jeans (big woohoo!) and omg yesterday, I tried on a pair of 18's at the store and they FIT !

I am going to get my butt into smaller and smaller clothes! I am hoping to be in at least a presentable one piece bathing suit for next summer and maybe bikini by late summer lol.

Aug SW was 240... Sept SW was 234... Oct SW was 226. I'll see you in the misses' dept !
    [/quote

I cant wait til my jeans are loose and I am down a size! Yes I will be in the regular ladies dept.. I am tired of plus size old lady clothes! Lol cant wait to shop at regular stores in the mall!
  • guyfromdogtown
    guyfromdogtown Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Actually I wasn't talking about bulking up, either. I was talking about trimming up.. Increasing your metabolic rate, which is key if you're trying to loose weight. Just a small correction about muscle weighing more than fat.. A pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscle.. They both weight one pound. The difference you ask. Well, muscle is DENSER, smoother and leaner than fat so a pound of fat will look softer and bigger than a pound of muscle. However, that one pound of muscle can burn about 50 extra calories/day over that one pound of fat... This is all factual information. In the long run a persons that weights 150 pounds and has 30% body FAT will look fluffier, softer and bigger than and person that is 150 pounds that is at 20% body fat... The later will be in smaller clothes, look leaner and burn far more calories in a day, all else being equal.

Good info, but i still say its better to loose the fat before building muscle. :) Besides, what works for one,might not work for the other.
  • yarbles08
    Options
    me too! how are you doing it, any tips?
  • GabbyP93
    GabbyP93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    you guys are all amazing
  • Samstudent88
    Options
    I went from a size 18/20 to a 10/12 and I'm 194lbs right now, 5'6". My ultimate goal is 160 and I have no idea what size I'll be, I've never been that small.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    im not sure how to post pics, but the pic of me with my son where im wearing a shirt in my profile pics is my before pic and the current one is my profile pic. went from 18 to 2/4. you can do this. and you can also maintain. ive done it for a year and a half. great luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have gone from a 20 to a size 2 in some jeans and 4 in others.

yesme.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!