Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I record everything. Except when I go out to eat I always use quick add tool for food eating out and I guesstimate anywhere from 800-1000 calories. Why should I lie ? I'm only cheating and lying which does not look good on me.
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I log as much as I can.
    Generally only miss condiments and mints/tic tacs.

I'm the same too.
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I log everything honestly. The way I see it is that cheating in my food diary is really only cheating myself. What's the point of being on MFP if I'm not going to log 100%? My MFP friends are helpful and supportive. If anyone on my friends list judged me negatively for having a bad food day, they wouldn't be my friend.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I log it all. Knowing that my MFP friends will see it helps me stay in check. And if they criticize or don't "approve" they won't be my friend for long! I use this site for accountability, and to give and receive support and nutrition and fitness ideas!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Never. I weigh everything to the gram, and record it all. :)

29972982.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

This... Or else what is the point? X
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have my diary locked. I find there is a lot of judgement on here regarding what we eat. I want friends to celebrate my success with - If i am having an issue with my diet, i will seek the advice of a professional, not the wannabe professionals here on MFP.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?
    I log everything, it would be pointless not to log the "bad" stuff then wonder why you are not losing weight.
    If I was to embarassed to log honestly I would be more inclined to close my diary than lie.
  • kometsmom
    kometsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good or bad I am putting it all in there. My daughter calls me out on it -- so it's a good thing. :love: But I have a long way to go. 90ish lbs I would like to lose over the course of about 1 year. I have my first meeting with a personal trainer tonight to put together a game plan. I am 8 days in -- trying to stay motivated -- and avoid the Halloween aisle at the grocery.
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Never, as my diary is a record for me as much as anyone else. I can look and make changes to my diet and see where I went wrong or right.
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I record and share everything that I eat. I am open to suggestions on here. My theory is hiding or lying about what I ate got me where I was when I started. So, finally being honest and loving the results!
  • SWilkins75
    SWilkins75 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It would be more like lying to myself if I didn't record everything.
    Exactly!
  • TheRightWeigh
    TheRightWeigh Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I keep it one hundred! I keep it honest because otherwise there'd be no point. If i'm not counting...i'm not counting and I can deal with being called out on it. IThis past weekend I did not count...a no-no for me. For me, If I am logging anything...i'm logging EVERYTHING. Good,bad, and ugly.
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

I don't lie to my real life friends. What purpose would it serve to lie to imaginary internet friends?
    Exactly this.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I record everything-otherwise, what is the point??
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I never lie on my food diary. In my opinion, you're not just lying to your friends on MFP, you're lying to yourself... and THATS what matters!
  • APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    If you're so concerned and/or guilty about what you ate that you don't want a complete stranger to know, so you lie about it... you're lying to yourself as well. And we all know we need to be completely honest with ourselves before we can make good on the healthy promises we make!
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I log everything. I wouldn't be able to lie because even if it doesn't say it in my diary, I know I ate it. We are all human, and we are not going to eat the best things from time to time. No point in lying about it.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I record it all. I only started making my diary viewable to friends a week or so ago. I decided that it would be better for accountability. Honestly, if I get on here and whine I'm not losing weight and my friends can see I am operating on a diet of Twinkies and Pepsi, I'm not gonna get much sympathy (nor should I). It's just another way I can more easily stick to a reasonable eating plan, when I know others can see it.
  • RetroSnowflake
    Options
    I log everything even if I feel really ashamed that I went over my limit. If I don't log the calories because it's a take-away and I'm not too sure how much it is, I put it below my diary status.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My diary is absolutely honest. However, I do not share it, as I do not wish to be judged on what I eat. I stay very close to my calorie goal (w/in 100 give or take). Sometimes, it is because I eat veggies and fish. Other times, it is because I visited Cold Stone Creamery. My business, unless I am seeking advice re same. I'm not here for advice, truth be told; I am here for inspiration/motivation (both to give and to receive).