Cheated on, and got through it?

Options
123457»

Replies

• ahartery9891
    ahartery9891 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

:noway: :laugh: :laugh:

Shut down!! Sorry you feel that way panda, but wow. Step into the light.
  • TrimAnew
    TrimAnew Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Negative. If a guy or girl cheats, cut the strings. It's not worth the trouble--especially if you aren't yet married. If you're just dating and the cheater can't stay faithful to you, then cut your losses now and count yourself lucky that you got out early.

Dude cheated on me when I was in college (because I wouldn't "put out"). I found out because, I overheard him bragging about his "score" to a friend. I wasn't sneaking up on them; they were hanging out by a walkway to my building. It looked like the jerk had been on the way to see me when he'd run into his friend and they got to talking. I've never seen a guy turn so pale before as when I walked up behind him and told him I hope he had a good time, because he's stuck with her. The friend he was bragging to looked both horrified and amused. (I had also heard the friend's anger at the jerk's actions, before I was spotted, so I was a bit amused too, under my rage that is.)

Anyway, the cheating idiot tried to beg for my forgiveness for the next couple days, going so far as to sneak into my dorm building even, saying he "loved me," and how he'd "made the biggest mistake of his life", he'd "changed," "never do it again," etc.

I'm no fool. And I didn't buy his lines for sec. I calmy told him if he loved me so much then he had "a rather F***ed up way of showing it." Fool had never heard me swear before (it's the first time I'd ever used the F word aloud actually--very memorable), so he was literally speechless at that, even though I didn't raise my voice. I then reminded him that he was not a resident of my dorm building, that I hadn't invited him in, and that if he didn't leave immediately, I'd yell for security and let them deal with him. Needless to say, he left.

When word got around about what he'd done (even the guy's own friend was spreading the word), I found myself with a lot of allies offering to beat the snot out of him, and laughing about how I'd terrified the brute. Apparently when the *kitten* told them his side of the story, he described my cold, quiet anger as something truly terrifying, something along the lines looking like I wanted to kill him. I was grateful for the support but capable of handling myself just fine. In all honesty, I was more angry with him for thinking I'd buy into his lies and apologies and for abusing the notion of "love" than for the actual cheating, although the cheating was certainly bad enough.

After that, whenever I'd happen to see him around campus, he'd change directions, move to the other side of the street, or whatever it took to get out of my way. I knew his schedule and, more than once, noticed that his detours to avoid me were going to make him late for class. I didn't care. I wasn't about to change my route to class just because the jerk was also a coward. It actually became sort of funny, especially at places like the campus bookstore when I was working the end/beginning of the semester book "rush". He looked so lost. I didn't have to say a word. He kept trying to duck behind stacks of books as though he was thought I wouldn't see him. Naturally his odd behavior drew some attention and I was able to smile and simply explain, "Oh him? He's stupid but harmless. Fool cheated on me and now he's too scared to be seen in public when I'm around. He looks like he needs help, but it probably ought to be one of you to do it instead of me." I'd get a bug-eyed look of shock and a hearty laugh before the other worker would wander over to him.

Last I heard (through the grapevine) he was kicked out of college for poor grades, hooked up with the other girl again, took a job in construction because his folks kicked him out when he flunked out of college, could barely make rent, cheated on THAT girl, knocked up the new girl, had been forced--by that new girl's dad--to marry her, and that it wasn't looking to be a happy marriage.

Gotta love karma. Feel bad for the kid though.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I've only been cheated on once and I never could get past it. We tried to make it work for a while, but something had been broken that could not be fixed.

I have friends who have worked through it and made the relationship work, though.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    A few months back my boyfriend was out at a staff do and a girl he works with kissed him, they were all back at her house when it happened and they were the only two left , he blacked out and slept in her bed.

He told me straight away, said he couldn't live with the guilt, promised it was just a kiss and begged me to believe him and give him a chance. It was really hard to forgive but I love him to bits and I forgave him.

The sad thing is even though I forgave him I can never 100% trust him and I can never forget. and I still check his text messages which really hurts him :-(

Two weeks ago I moved in with him and we got really drunk and accidently burnt the house down(Chip pan incident) we had to jump out the upstairs windows. I broke my pelvis (Still on crutches) and he broke his foot. Craazy crazy thing to have happened this incident has brought us closer than ever and helped us move forward from the demons of the past

The moral of that story is that apparently you both do dumb *kitten* when you drink...Glad y'all are OK, but might be time to curb the ole drinky-poo's. :drinker:
  • DollaMimi86
    Options
    Cheating is hard to get through, how do you fully trust the cheater? But then again, if you really want something to work then it can work if you are willing to reconcile. Cheaters: if you aren't happy then end the relationship! You already know you can't have your cake and eat it too!
  • miss_grad
    miss_grad Posts: 102
    Options
    Three-year relationship. He cheated. He did me a huge favor, in reality.

Wouldn't be with the wonderful man I am with now. He's more than I could ever ask for and brings out the best in me.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Just looking to hear what other people have gone through on this.

Have you ever been cheated on, and the relationship lasted? Could you trust them again, and be happy with them again? Please share your story...

My friend found out his wife was cheating on him with a guy at work. They have 2 kids, they're trying to make it work...this was months ago and they're still together.

No way I'd stick around with her...it would ALWAYS be in the back of my mind. There's way too many women out there to put up with that crap. You'll eventually get over it and be happy with someone else.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    My ex husband cheated on me with a 19 year old. 2 weeks after our 2 year anniversary he asked me for a divorce and ended up being with her. It literally destroyed all things I thought about guys and it took me a very long time to learn to trust guys, cause it always ends up playing in the back of my mind, the what if's. I have learned that all guys are not like my ex husband and I am learning to trust again. And I know that all guys aren't like that.
  • JessaLee0324
    JessaLee0324 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've been cheated on. It doesn't last. You can never let it go and never trust that it won't happen again, even if you want to. A cheater is a cheater. If they do it once, they will do it again. There are no excuses. If they love you and care for you, the won't do that.
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Eh still working on it. Found out about a month ago that my sons father, my boyfriend of about 5 years, had spent approximately 6 or 7 months sleepin with a *kitten* right after I had our son. While i was working 2 jobs and taking care of a newborn by myself and supporting him, he was whoring around.

He said he just did her over and over cus she was easy and an easy lay. GOOD class of girls right there... spent 7 months screwin her and didnt even know her last name. HA... sounds like he was easy to?

i too wonder if i will one day forgive/get over it. and i pray for our sons sake that it doesnt turn me bitter.

Edited: OH YEAH, and hes soo sorry and it kills him to know what hes done and how bad hes hurt me, and he 'lost the best thing that has ever happened to him', and he regrets it everyday.... NEWSFLASH, wouldnt have f***ed her over and over if you were real sorry... THAT i will never understand.