LOL @ Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It just may be your PF that put that sign up. My PF is totally cool. And for the people bashing about Pizza night, remember, nobody is forcing it down your throats. Frigging crybabies! LOL!!!

hahaha! I agree 100%
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Attention Planet Fitness:

Effective immediately, I will be cancelling my gym membership.

Suck it.
    Your soon to be ex member.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Its called a marketing strategy. Do you know what that is?

It is actually a very effective and successful strategy for PF.

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

really don't think anyone here has mentioned anything about finaces or said that PF is going broke..

My point was that this is exactly what PF's goal was, to keep some people out of their gyms, and its working like a charm for them. So "hardcore lifters" can find it as crazy or funny as they want, its working great for them.
    I don't really get the point of this post anyway.
  • TinyLittleOne
    Options
    lol
    wat-dog.jpg

haha this dog made my morning.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to be that some idiot hurt themself doing one, then turned around and sued Planet Fitness because they allowed them to do it in the first place (much like the idiots who spill coffee on themselves and sue because it was HOT). Noboby is responsible for their own actions anymore :grumble:
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness has better scenery.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal about deadlifts that they don't allow them? Is it a liability issue with people lifting too much and literally busting a nut? Or is it PF's fear of grunting and dropping?

I mean... I'm only around 100 pounds on my deadlifts, but I'm not seeing what's so dangerous or distracting about about them vs any other kinds of lifts.

"I lift things up and I put them down..."

Haven't you seen the commercials? They don't want meatheads in there! :laugh:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    What's the big deal about deadlifts that they don't allow them? Is it a liability issue with people lifting too much and literally busting a nut? Or is it PF's fear of grunting and dropping?

Platnet fitness is a treadmill farm and caters to that crowd. Not to, say, people who are interested in actual strength training. In fact, they strongly discourage it.

Eat your free pizza, read your book on the treadmill, get a free donut.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    A gym that has free pizza?

I'm missing out.
    :wink:
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Our PF has that rule. It's why I went to another gym even though my wife had a membership there.

The irony is I'm a 6', 168 pound runner. Nobody would ever confuse me for a lunk or a meathead. But I do squats and deadlifts and bent over barbell rows. Why? Because compound exercises are most efficient for the strength cross training I need to do. My weights won't scare anyone, my size won't intimidate anyone, but some of my exercises aren't welcome there.

No big deal. I appreciate their targeting a specific audience.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, I didn't even check out their videos until just now. XD

So if guys are intimidated by muscular males and they're not allowed at PF, what happens if women are intimidated by other fit women? Do they get thrown out too? Seems a little bit sexist to me.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

I would laugh at them. I laugh at Donald Trump for his hair.......
  • fcp1234
    Options

I would laugh at them. I laugh at Donald Trump for his hair.......

You can laugh at them all you want. That's exactly what they were going for, and their strategy is brilliant !!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Keep people from performing super-effective compound lifts -
    Keep people from being at their best, athletically -
    Keep people fat -
    Keep business? :indifferent:

Ssshh.... don't give away their secret. Once their members realize their strategy they'll all leave!

Oh wait... no they won't. :huh:
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

really don't think anyone here has mentioned anything about finaces or said that PF is going broke..

My point was that this is exactly what PF's goal was, to keep some people out of their gyms, and its working like a charm for them. So "hardcore lifters" can find it as crazy or funny as they want, its working great for them.
    I don't really get the point of this post anyway.

Because it's a judgement free zone, right?

LMAO.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

If you don't like PF, then don't go
    If you do like PF, and it's working for you, then keep going
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    I don't get it.

If you don't like PF, then don't go
    If you do like PF, and it's working for you, then keep going

Bingo. For some it's the perfect gym, for others they might just need to go elsewhere. The rates/fees are pretty tempting, but if one is going there then perhaps they should be respecting the policies that have been in place. There's a gym for everyone.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    can I download this picture and print it bring with me when I cancel my membership? They're gonna ask why.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    can I download this picture and print it bring with me when I cancel my membership? They're gonna ask why.
    Aren't they like $10 a month? I'm guessing they probably aren't going to care why...and will have 3 new memberships to take your place by the end of the day!:ohwell:
  • fcp1234
    Options

I mean... I'm only around 100 pounds on my deadlifts, but I'm not seeing what's so dangerous or distracting about about them vs any other kinds of lifts.

"I lift things up and I put them down..."

Haven't you seen the commercials? They don't want meatheads in there! :laugh:

Meatheads are way too busy admiring their guns to understand anything else. lol.