LOL @ Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    from the same gym that brought you pizza nights...smh

Yep I hear all types of crazy things about that place in the area that I live:huh: :grumble:
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    PLANETEERS! ASSEMBLE!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    If it offers people a sense of security to be able to workout or get started with a workout program, I say GO FOR IT!! When the person progresses, they can always move on to a diff gym. But getting started is sometimes the most challenging of hurdles. It is also very cost effective.
  • nicolemarie1978
    nicolemarie1978 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I hate planet fitness.. I used to be a member but every time they brought pizza in, I seriously questioned what kind of gym I belong to. Found a better one and switched, and now found an even better one that I love!!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    So you don't like PF. Big deal. It doesn't mean that everyone who goes there is a fatty who stuffs their face with crap and junk because it's free. People go there because it's affordable and they like it.

Sheesh.

I didn't say everyone who goes there is a fatty. I was a member for a year and that's where I lost 40lbs. The trainers at my particular PF were garbage and if they really, truly wanted you to be in shape, they wouldn't be feeding you garbage. Congratulations, you look great, I'm sure PF has something to do with it. I can dislike a company, it doesn't mean I am judging YOU. Holy damn you are defensive. How do you ever get through the day.

I wasn't being defensive and I never thought you were judging me in the least (I was in fact responding to the post that said "planet fatness") it's just that every time anyone posts anything that has the word "Planet Fitness" in the title everyone comes out of the wood work and says how horrible it is, how much they hate it, how they throw slices of pizza at you as you're running on the treadmill (joke, obviously) and how anyone who goes there is an idiot because it's not a 'real' gym and if you're really 'serious' about your fitness then you'll go to Golds or some other big gym.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Planet Fatness

no judgements
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason I hate planet fitness. God forbid someone go to their gym that actually knows how to workout properly or lift heavy.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    it's just that every time anyone posts anything that has the word "Planet Fitness" in the title everyone comes out of the wood work and says how horrible it is

If this upsets you so much, I can understand how hard it was for you to resist reading a thread entitled "LOL @ Planet Fitness"
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    DE837133-0772-431D-AD87-F6D2B9B8F66A-1530-000003BC5CFF9803.jpg
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    DE837133-0772-431D-AD87-F6D2B9B8F66A-1530-000003BC5CFF9803.jpg

<-- Did 70lb deads last night. On a step. No putting the barbell down between reps. *pounds chest*
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I wish my gym gave out Pizza- I'd not have to pay for dinner on gym nights. :wink:

I wouldn't join a PF at this point because I've gotten more serious about my lifting. But, I can't lie- if there was a PF near me when I was looking at gyms at the beginning of the journey, i'd have joined it without regrets. Better a PF than sitting on my @ss.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

If you don't like PF, then don't go
    If you do like PF, and it's working for you, then keep going

I agree.

It's no different than Luicelle Roberts being an all female gym. Do I complain? No. I just know it's a gym that doesn't cater to me, so I just move on to the next option.

I have a PF membership, and use them for the treadmill on rainy days when I can't run outside, and I use the circut training machines the 3 weekedays that I don't have my fitness boot camp class.

I don't bother anyone, and no one bothers me.

If you don't like their policies, find a gym better suited for your needs. They were the cheapest option for what I was looking to get out of a gym, so they get my $10 a month.

Once I decide to bulk up, I'll look into a gym with more freeweights.

It's similar to people that complain about "offensive" shows on TV. Don't like them? Turn the channel. Gym doesn't cater to your needs? Go to a different gym.

Simple as that.

You know it is possible for people to simply discuss something without expecting that discussion to make a change to anything.

Just like if Pizza Hut suddenly decided they were only going to serve pasta. I might discuss it with someone and say how I think it is funny. Doesn't mean I am getting all upset about it...

God damn people who, when someone complains about something, reply with "What do you think posting it on a message board is going to do...". Nothing...I don't think it will do anything. I am just saying stuff cos it entertains me and potentially others. Get the **** over yourselves.
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Member at PF.......never saw this sign. For the money, room, equipment, I don't think you can beat it. I never have to weight or deal with those who are there just to BS. By the way, when is pizza night? Have never seen it at my PF???
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

I agree.

It's no different than Luicelle Roberts being an all female gym. Do I complain? No. I just know it's a gym that doesn't cater to me, so I just move on to the next option.

I have a PF membership, and use them for the treadmill on rainy days when I can't run outside, and I use the circut training machines the 3 weekedays that I don't have my fitness boot camp class.

If you don't like their policies, find a gym better suited for your needs. They were the cheapest option for what I was looking to get out of a gym, so they get my $10 a month.

It's similar to people that complain about "offensive" shows on TV. Don't like them? Turn the channel. Gym doesn't cater to your needs? Go to a different gym.

Simple as that.

You know it is possible for people to simply discuss something without expecting that discussion to make a change to anything.

Just like if Pizza Hut suddenly decided they were only going to serve pasta. I might discuss it with someone and say how I think it is funny. Doesn't mean I am getting all upset about it...

God damn people who, when someone complains about something, reply with "What do you think posting it on a message board is going to do...". Nothing...I don't think it will do anything. I am just saying stuff cos it entertains me and potentially others. Get the **** over yourselves.

Angry much?
    :tongue:
  • ATclassof2021
    ATclassof2021 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is the exact reason I hate planet fitness. God forbid someone go to their gym that actually knows how to workout properly or lift heavy.

Really.........guess I need to join another gym to get smarter.....will probably have to stop trng/helping others since I am a member at PF.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I don't get it.

I agree.

Simple as that.

Angry much?
    :tongue:

watch it, he does deadlifts
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I will never understand people complaining about the rules of an organization that they voluntarily sign up for. They could ban all Nike and new balance shoes and still be in the right.

I didnt know I couldnt progress with their equipment until I tried working out somewhere else without their restrictions. There's a difference between signing up for a gym and learning as you spend more time with fitness that its not meeting your needs. Its not like anyone signed up and said this place doesnt have what I need- I will sign a contract and then ***** everyday

:tongue: :drinker:
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just like you should not wear white after Labor Day you should not do dead lifts after Labor Day!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    watch it, he does deadlifts

mmhmmm
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I was a member of planet fitness for a week. I didn't look closely and see that they didn't have any olympic lifting setups so I bought myself out of my contract and switched to Gold's. Much happier, even if it does cost a little more.