LOL @ Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Its called a marketing strategy. Do you know what that is?

It is actually a very effective and successful strategy for PF.

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

Oh trust me, I would still make fun of them... They may be rich, but they are worthless.

As are the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan.
    ^^ GOOD ONE! ^^ :laugh:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The people they're marketing to probably don't even know what a dead lift is. Planet Fitness stories are always good for the lulz but if it's making them money then more power to them. It's not like you have to go there, unless your wife is making you go.

i-said-can-we-train-together-he-said-i-dont-train-at-planet-fitness.png
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

Oh trust me, I would still make fun of them... They may be rich, but they are worthless.

And thats what the shirtless guy said for not being served because he had no shirt or shoes on.

Its not about being rich, I mentioned the financials as a proof that what they are doing is working great for them. It might not work for you, but you dont have to go there.
    A smart business idea, is a smart idea. If it doesnt work for you, it doesnt make it any less smarter.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    easy way to promote being a cardio bunny!!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

You take that back!
    :wink:
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options

good one
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I pick things up and put them down...
  • ashleygx26
    Options
    Planet Fatness

You, my friend, are an *kitten*!!! I am the least bit fat, I am actually technically under weight for my height and BMI and I love planet fitness. If most of you looked at the clientele, instead of being judgmental, you'd see a lot of college students and elders attend PF due to the fact it is relatively cheap. The one in my area is fantastic and if you don't like the rules don't join. Bottom line. So instead of bashing PF and insulting those of us who enjoy going, get over it and don't go there.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    KOXR5.gif
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Ha! I don't even know what a dead lift is. :noway:
    1. lunge db at somebody. 2 lift them up off the floor.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Planet Fatness

You, my friend, are an *kitten*!!! I am the least bit fat, I am actually technically under weight for my height and BMI and I love planet fitness. If most of you looked at the clientele, instead of being judgmental, you'd see a lot of college students and elders attend PF due to the fact it is relatively cheap. The one in my area is fantastic and if you don't like the rules don't join. Bottom line. So instead of bashing PF and insulting those of us who enjoy going, get over it and don't go there.

If I am an *kitten* then why are we friends

I'm not bashing you

PF is trying to keep you fat by feeding you pizza and bagels.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    can I download this picture and print it bring with me when I cancel my membership? They're gonna ask why.
    Aren't they like $10 a month? I'm guessing they probably aren't going to care why...and will have 3 new memberships to take your place by the end of the day!:ohwell:

oh you burned me, i'll never recover! /dramatic
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    <
    That is MY back, taken this August by my husband. I go to Planet Fitness. Do I look fat? Do I look like I do "half hearted wimpy workouts?" Didn't think so.

Planet Fatness

:heart:

Same here.

I like PF. Do I wish it had more equipment then they do? Sure but I adjust and it suits my needs. Not only that but my husband has the black card which means I get to go every day. For FREE. The other gym he went to which had a lot more equipment was more expensive and on the off chance that I went with him when I worked from home or had a day off -- which amounted to maybe 4-5 times a month (I worked out at the small fitness center at my company) I had to pay the $12 day pass. For the amount of time I went and the fact that I never went there more than once in that day it wasn't worth it. Oh, and a LOT of people that went to this gym now go to PF because of the price. My PF has some pretty buff dudes there who seem to be pretty content with the selection of weights that they have. I haven't seen that sign on the door of my PF and I really don't care if it's there because I'll still dead lift. The workers there rarely sound that stupid alarm.

And as for the free pizza, bagels and coffee day they're not twisting your arm and forcing you to participate. I have been there on pizza day and never partook in it and I get the coffee on bagel day. The choice is YOURS as to whether or not you want to stuff your face on the free food. I choose not to. I see no difference between the pizza, bagels and coffee and those fancy HIGH CALORIE protein shakes that they offer at some gyms. Pizza isn't a bad food and neither is the occasional bagel. Get off your high horses and stop judging the people who go to a different gym than the one you do. So you don't like PF. Big deal. It doesn't mean that everyone who goes there is a fatty who stuffs their face with crap and junk because it's free. People go there because it's affordable and they like it.

Sheesh.
  • bigblu89
    bigblu89 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    If I am an *kitten* then why are we friends

I'm not bashing you

PF is trying to keep you fat by feeding you pizza and bagels.

Not if you don't eat it.

It's not like you have to eat a slice of pizza or a bagel in order to workout there.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    can I download this picture and print it bring with me when I cancel my membership? They're gonna ask why.
    Aren't they like $10 a month? I'm guessing they probably aren't going to care why...and will have 3 new memberships to take your place by the end of the day!:ohwell:

oh you burned me, i'll never recover! /dramatic
    :laugh: it wasn't a personal dig...just sayin' its unlikely they care much about who is coming through the door at a place like that. I used to belong to Bally's with a super cheap membership and it was the same way (except they didn't have silly rules like PF).
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    So you don't like PF. Big deal. It doesn't mean that everyone who goes there is a fatty who stuffs their face with crap and junk because it's free. People go there because it's affordable and they like it.

Sheesh.

I didn't say everyone who goes there is a fatty. I was a member for a year and that's where I lost 40lbs. The trainers at my particular PF were garbage and if they really, truly wanted you to be in shape, they wouldn't be feeding you garbage. Congratulations, you look great, I'm sure PF has something to do with it. I can dislike a company, it doesn't mean I am judging YOU. Holy damn you are defensive. How do you ever get through the day.
  • bdotshaw
    bdotshaw Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As usual, what started off as a lighthearted, fun thread has turned all ~serious business~. SMH. Some of you need to relax. No one is "bashing" you or your choice in gyms. It's not that serious, for f**ks sake.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Next they will ban my Star Wars T - Shirts!!!!

do they say "These aren't the deltoids you're looking for"

I totally snortlaughed
  • BeSophisticate
    Options
    <
    That is MY back, taken this August by my husband. I go to Planet Fitness. Do I look fat? Do I look like I do "half hearted wimpy workouts?" Didn't think so.

Planet Fatness

:heart:

Same here.

I like PF. Do I wish it had more equipment then they do? Sure but I adjust and it suits my needs. Not only that but my husband has the black card which means I get to go every day. For FREE. The other gym he went to which had a lot more equipment was more expensive and on the off chance that I went with him when I worked from home or had a day off -- which amounted to maybe 4-5 times a month (I worked out at the small fitness center at my company) I had to pay the $12 day pass. For the amount of time I went and the fact that I never went there more than once in that day it wasn't worth it. Oh, and a LOT of people that went to this gym now go to PF because of the price. My PF has some pretty buff dudes there who seem to be pretty content with the selection of weights that they have. I haven't seen that sign on the door of my PF and I really don't care if it's there because I'll still dead lift. The workers there rarely sound that stupid alarm.

And as for the free pizza, bagels and coffee day they're not twisting your arm and forcing you to participate. I have been there on pizza day and never partook in it and I get the coffee on bagel day. The choice is YOURS as to whether or not you want to stuff your face on the free food. I choose not to. I see no difference between the pizza, bagels and coffee and those fancy HIGH CALORIE protein shakes that they offer at some gyms. Pizza isn't a bad food and neither is the occasional bagel. Get off your high horses and stop judging the people who go to a different gym than the one you do. So you don't like PF. Big deal. It doesn't mean that everyone who goes there is a fatty who stuffs their face with crap and junk because it's free. People go there because it's affordable and they like it.

Sheesh.

Agree. I love my PF. I do my strength training at home, anyway. This way, I get to use all the equipment that's actually expensive (unlike weights, which are cheap in comparison and have a much longer lifespan) without spending a fortune every month to do it.

Plus, the staff at my PF is awesome. I love walking in the door and being greeted with a friendly welcome rather than a grunt from behind the counter.

Besides, it's not really different than women only gyms, which cater to women who want to be able to workout without being creeped on by creepy creepers. Nobody ever said all gyms had to be for all people. There was a niche that needed a gym and PF filled the need, period.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I will never understand people complaining about the rules of an organization that they voluntarily sign up for. They could ban all Nike and new balance shoes and still be in the right.