LOL @ Planet Fitness

Options

Replies

• Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love Planet fitness-I paid $99 and Im covered for the year + they are open 24/7. it works perfect with my work schedule.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    watch it, he does deadlifts

mmhmmm

mmhmmm
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are bashing PF. It OBVIOUSLY serves a market. And they do it very well. You may not agree with their policies or you may think a,b,c,d about those who go there, but the truth is, they are happy there.

The one by my house is not bad at all actually. I used to go there and I have to say that most people were in decent shape. They had enough weights to get pretty huge. I don't think a hardcore bodybuilder should even think about PF though.
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    WTH :laugh: LMBO at all these responses too
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Its called a marketing strategy. Do you know what that is?

It is actually a very effective and successful strategy for PF.

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

Oh trust me, I would still make fun of them... They may be rich, but they are worthless.

To you maybe, but to a lot of people PF is perfect...

perfect for me to...

Triumph-the-Insult-Comic-Dog.jpg
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    If they really wanted to remove meatheads from a gym, outlaw bench pressing.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    if i saw that sign at my gym one day i would cancel membership immediately.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    wat-dog.jpg

THIS! LOL.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Next they will ban my Star Wars T - Shirts!!!!

do they say "These aren't the deltoids you're looking for"

:laugh:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I go to PF. There is no rule against deadlifting at my gym. Also never seen bagels or pizza but maybe I missed it. They have plenty of free weights at my gym. It also does seem to be detering the more built gentlemen from coming to the gym (thank you eyecandy lol) they even have 2 rows of elipticals over by all the free weights. I swear its so the lifters can look and visa versa.
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    this thread is about pizza and star wars
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Planet Fatness

That's a good one. I call mine planet Phatness. #theyjigglingbaby
  • BeyondApril
    BeyondApril Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I go back and forth between 2 PF's, never seen that sign. I happen to love PF, the price is right, so I can go once or twice a week and feel like I am getting a lot of bang for my buck. If I miss a week, big deal. I don't really like classes, so it works for me.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

mmhmmm

mmhmmm

dont ever stop :heart:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

mmhmmm

mmhmmm

dont ever stop :heart:

This
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I want to go just to drop weights and set off their alarm
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    This makes me so glad I changed to Gold's. Yes, more meatheads, but it's because they have the proper equipment for them!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Their NO GRUNTING policy kills me. Makes me want to sign up just to go in their and make a scene.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Its called a marketing strategy. Do you know what that is?

It is actually a very effective and successful strategy for PF.

I work very closely with PF and I can tell you this, you wouldn't make fun of PF if you saw their financials.

Oh trust me, I would still make fun of them... They may be rich, but they are worthless.

To you maybe, but to a lot of people PF is perfect...

ETA: For me PF is perfect.

I have a membership because I want to be able to afford doing intro strength stuff - the only other gyms in the area are WOW and YMCA, and Golds Gym. Golds is a tiny gym, and the manager made me feel very unwelcome. YMCA starts at $70 a month and have a miniscule strength circuit compared to PF. I can't afford that *kitten*. I don't understand the hate aimed at PF, they have a target audience. I happen to be one of that crowd they are targeting. I don't mind seeing fit or fat ppl at the gym, and I dont expect anyone else does (or should.) As far as their food on Monday and Tuesday, who cares? If free food intimidates you, then exercise your free will and don't eat it - how hard is that? Personally I keep missing out on the free pizza night :sad:
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Based on their business model would it be ok to open a health food chain and not let fat people eat/shop there because it would make the fit people uncomfortable?

It'd be the fit people you couldn't let in surely? Wouldn't want those unaccustomed to eating healthy being intimidated!

If I went to a gym where nobody was working hard/sweating/grunting then I would find somewhere else that took exercise more seriously!