First Round P90X-ers

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
I just started my first round of P90X on Wednesday. I am doing the Lean version. I know there is a long-running P90X thread already, but thought those of us just starting could connect here to talk about our experiences just starting out.

I am so sore after 2 days, just like I wanted to be. I have been working out at the gym and such for several years and felt like I just wasn't making any progress. I loved the idea of P90X because there is no guess-work. I am so confident that this program is going to get me where I have wanted to be for so long.

So, please join me here if you are new to P90X,to share your experience, progress, setbacks, pains, gains, etc...

:heart:

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :ohwell:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    :cry:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

I'm really surprised no has joined you. It seemed there was a lot of p90x talk lately.

I started a year ago, stuck with it and I am on round 5. I love it. (except Kenpo)
  • veggievet
    veggievet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    HI there,

My husband and I are also trying P90X lean. They are great workouts, but I am having a hard time fitting in one hour of exercise (I commute 2 hours a day and work over 10 hours a day). I am trying to get back on board (I've only done one video this week). LEt me know how it goes for you!

Meredith
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options

I'm really surprised no has joined you. It seemed there was a lot of p90x talk lately.

I started a year ago, stuck with it and I am on round 5. I love it. (except Kenpo)

That's what I was thinking - Lots of P90X talk lately. The other thread seems to go really great, but most of them have been hanging out there for months! I asked some questions and they kinda got lost in the mix.

I dislike Kenpo too. I havent done the Kenpo DVD but there was some of it in the CardioX I did last night and I just couldnt get the hang of it because I have zero coordination. I used to do a lot of Tae-Bo and was okay at it so maybe I just need some practice.

Thanks for responding, though!
  • BdaGolfer
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 7 of my first round, so a bit ahead of you in the schedule. I tend to come here to log my calories (in and out) but keep the P90X stuff to the BeachBody site. I am a member of a group over there. If you can't get something going here check out the BB site, there's always new groups starting up.

Alan
  • RL83
    RL83 Posts: 15
    Options
    i'm on week 2, i'll join :)
  • MegKat
    MegKat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did p90x before but it was awhile back, so I'm feeling it! I love being sore because I know I pushed myself, but man it is frustrating especially when I have to work.

Any good suggestions for getting enough protein in the AM? I eat omelets quite a bit but i would like something else to mix in there.
  • lynsien
    lynsien Posts: 11
    Options
    I'll join!! :happy: Me and my boyfriend are starting our first round ever on Tuesday. I'm soo excited but a little scared too. Just did my fit test yesterday and feel sad that I woke up a little achy in my arms... haha. :laugh: But I'm for the challenge!!
  • MegKat
    Options
    Welcome! Well that soreness is just the beginning! But you have a partner so thats great help! You can do it!
  • carpediem13
    carpediem13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll def keep checking in with this. I haven't received my P90X yet and won't be able to start for a week but I too was looking for a new board where people were just starting. Even though I'll be a week or so behind I'd love to keep up with how people are doing and look for advice when I start!
  • Kinipela
    Options
    Hey guys, Im so glad this thread is starting. My boyfriend and I are officially starting P90x tomorrow. We both are on total opposite ends of the spectrum, he is tall and lean, me, short and .... well not so lean. LOL. He wants to gain muscle so he is doing the classic and I am going for weight loss so I will be starting the lean version. We both are really excited! Did our fitness test on friday, and we both can say that we woke up sore too! But I am pumped up to get started, my biggest challenge will be the nutrition plan. Many people who've done the workout have said that following it gives better results. I've started eating better since last week, so far so good, so hopefully I can keep it up when the workouts start!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Woo-hoo! I'm glad to see some people have showed up! My computer at home is crashed so I couldn't get on all weekend. Today will be day 6 for me. Kenpo - boo. I think I will really struggle with this due to my complete lack of coordination. :ohwell: I'll do it tonight, but am wondering if I could substitute Kenpo with Plyo next week... I'm doing the Lean version, and don't do any Plyo yet.

I was really looking forward to Yoga on Saturday... until I realized that this wasn't like the Yoga class I took at the Y before... This was a serious workout. I hate to say that I only made it through 1/2 hour of it. :frown: I don't feel too bad though because my body felt really good after the half hour. That was some serious yoga, though. :noway: wow.

Yesterday was Legs & Back, and ARX, so it was the first time I had to attempt a pullup. It's gonna be a long road before I can do anything that resembles a pullup. It was a good workout though and my legs and butt are a huge (so to speak lol) trouble area for me.

As far as diet goes - I am a complete slacker on the weekends, I'm not gonna lie. I follow the 50-30-20 protein carbs fat ratio all week, ate well Saturday morning and lunch, not so good for Saturday dinner, french toast for breakfast Sunday, veggies and dip and a gathering Sunday afternoon, and came home and DH had made smoked ribs, baked potato, saurkraut and a nice salad.

Good luck everyone, keep us posted!! :flowerforyou:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I'll def keep checking in with this. I haven't received my P90X yet and won't be able to start for a week but I too was looking for a new board where people were just starting. Even though I'll be a week or so behind I'd love to keep up with how people are doing and look for advice when I start!

Ok, I'll be lookin for ya!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I'm in! I did p90x before but it was awhile back, so I'm feeling it! I love being sore because I know I pushed myself, but man it is frustrating especially when I have to work.

Any good suggestions for getting enough protein in the AM? I eat omelets quite a bit but i would like something else to mix in there.

I just bought some "CarbMaster" yogurt from Kroger. 4 carbs, 12 g protein. You could try a protein shake too! Cottage Cheese, etc...

I know what you mean about enjoying being sore. That's what I wasn't getting from the gym. I am SOOO sore this week.
  • liz4885
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!! I had started p90x last yr and quit half way through.....got my my now bf into it when he was finishing up in the army and now that we are settled in a diff state and got everything organized we are starting p90x again together lol we are both doing the reg version and we started this morning. It's going to be a lot easier doing it with him there next to me. We would talk about it and encourage each other but we were in diff states so this is def going to be better lol
    I didn't follow the nutrition part last time and still saw results, don't really need to lose any weight just want to tone everything up. I am going to try to follow it at least a little bit this time as i want the most out of this.
    good luck everyone!!!!!!
  • sherrysilver
    Options
    My husband and I started the P90X series together but separate (I get up early to do it and he does it after work). I love it but I am feeling a little frustrated as he has lost 2 lbs already (after week 2) and I gained a pound! It's just not fair!! I don't want to give up, so any encouragement would be appreciated!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started the P90X series together but separate (I get up early to do it and he does it after work). I love it but I am feeling a little frustrated as he has lost 2 lbs already (after week 2) and I gained a pound! It's just not fair!! I don't want to give up, so any encouragement would be appreciated!

I know I have posted this all over the place, but I will tell you on my first round of p90x (last summer, I'm on round 2 now) my husband had lost 12 lbs or so in the 1st 30 days. His day1 & day 30 pics showed a big difference. I did not see one thing happen until day 47....& then the changes really picked up for me fast. On many boards over at Beachbody, sooooo many people say that lots of people give up at or before that 30 day mark yet after day 30 is when the changes really start to happen. HANG IN THERE. If you follow the nutrition guide (that contributes more to success than the workouts) & push play everyday...you will be amazed on day 90! :flowerforyou:
  • dgauthier
    dgauthier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started P90X a few days ago. I agree with most posts. Only made it through 1/2 hour of yoga. I love cardio would like to substitute Plyo for yoga or kempo. I'm not coordinated. How many calories can we claim for excercise? I just re-joined this today to help keep me accountable.
  • MegKat
    Options
    YES! If you aren't seeing results, just wait, I wasn't loosing any weight and then all of a sudden I needed to go shopping and everyone was telling me how skinny I was, so be patient. This is the only work out I have ever had HUGE success with.

I really am not a fan of Kenpo, so I too am substituting Plyo, I get way more out of it and thats what matters.

I also bought some protein powder this weekend so we'll see how that helps.