You Eat WHAT?!

Options

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    i eat pickled ginger (kind you get with sushi to cleanse palate). straight out of the jar. i try to keep it to a tablespoon but sometimes...it's just so good!
  • MonicaLee92
    Options
    I never thought it was weird until someone told me so. I slice apples and cheese and eat them ontop of each other. It's delicous and i've done it my whole life.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I love celery and carrots with spicy mustard! I also eat grapefruit, by peeling and sectioning it like an orange!!

There is absolutely nothing unusual about these food combos/choices. Curious as to why you would think there was?
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Where to begin?

PB & J on Kalamata Olive Bread
    Horseradish Cream on Potato Chips
    Cottage Cheese on French Toast
    Pinto beans straight from the can

I could go on and on and on.
  • gddrdld
    Options
    I like to snack Sauerkraut while watching tv. ;-)

I do that too! Excellent source of probiotics!
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I will take a couple tablespoons of peanut butter and mix it into a couple cups of hot rice, and then add Annie's Go Chu Jang sauce. Mix well. It's vaguely like super cheap pad thai. Or people think I'm odd for just dumping Frank's on hot rice with butter.... or Frank's on cheesy rice.... or salsa in cheesy rice.....

Yeah I love rice. And Frank's.
  • gddrdld
    Options
    I am a high school teacher and my students constantly tell me my breakfast is "nasty" ... chunky peanut butter mixed in vanilla Greek yogurt.

i love peanut butter mixed in Greek yogurt! Very common combo where I'm from. Great to dip apples in too!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I eat cottage cheese in oatmeal.

I do this as well.

One time I posted a status about eating cottage cheese mixed with peanut butter and banana. People said I was crazy, but it seems like a pretty logical combination to me.

Sounds good to me! I may have to try that...
    I've had that too, it's delicious!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    the "grossest" one is meat pudding (pan pudding) cooked with Hominy. Favorite breakfast ever.

for snacks it's gotta be Lebanon Bologna with cream cheese on it rolled up
  • gddrdld
    Options
    Some people think it strange that I put chopped onions and ketchup on pinto beans but my brother in law puts chopped onions and mayonnaise on pinto beans and I think that is just plain weird!

Sometimes I put gravy on a pancake instead of syrup and butter!

You must be a Southerner! haha... I live in AL and I see people do this.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    loooove limes with salt!!! i eat the whole thing too exclude the skin
    lays plainpotato chips dipped in ketchup
    polish turkey kielbasa cold
    cottage cheese and pickels
    ramen noodles w/o the seasoning add any meat with oyster sauce and soy sauce
    fries with icecream
    ehhh i can keep going id feel bad if i ever get prego! lmao
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    PB and turkey sandwich? I don't know if its weird but I've gotten looks for it.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Kimchi on veggie burgers. I missed Japanese kimchi burgers so now I make them at home :D
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like a breaded chicken patty on bread with mayo, cheese and honey. It's really good.
  • KellyMirth
    Options
    I never thought it was weird until someone told me so. I slice apples and cheese and eat them ontop of each other. It's delicous and i've done it my whole life.

That's not weird, it's a northeast thing. Cheddar cheese on top of apple pie, mmmmmm!
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I will take a couple tablespoons of peanut butter and mix it into a couple cups of hot rice, and then add Annie's Go Chu Jang sauce. Mix well. It's vaguely like super cheap pad thai. Or people think I'm odd for just dumping Frank's on hot rice with butter.... or Frank's on cheesy rice.... or salsa in cheesy rice.....

Yeah I love rice. And Frank's.

I'll see your Frank's and raise you a Melinda's!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and pickles isn't weird! In Australia you buy cottage cheese at the supermarket with it already chopped and mixed in.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options

My former in-laws melted cheese on the top of their hot apple pie.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    For me...peanut butter and bologna (fat free of course) on whole wheat bread. NO ONE in my family likes it but me!!!
  • gddrdld
    Options

Fruit and cheese, specifically apples and cheese is a classic and VERY common combination. The person who told you it was weird must have been raised in a cave...