Fat and curves are NOT the same thing

Options
shorty35565
shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
This is something I see often. Women don't want to get too low because they're afraid they'll lose their 'curves' If their curves are indeed fat, then yes they will b lost. But truly curvy women will keep their curves. Curves are dependent on ur bone structure, not ur fat or weight. My waist is 8.5in smaller than my hips and it will always be smaller. I know this because I can see my hip bones & in their placement, my waist is gonna always be defined no matter how small I get.
So for all the women who think this, don't. Because it's simply not true.

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    so will women get bulky from lifting too much weight?
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's all in the way a person is built. I am not curvy at all, I am petite and have a very boyish figure. I have friend's that are quite curvy and they are not fat by any means. They are very fit.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    so will women get bulky from lifting too much weight?

LMAO why do I feel like ur a troll?
    No, they wont :P
  • shorty35565
    Options
    I agree. It's all in the way a person is built. I am not curvy at all, I am petite and have a very boyish figure. I have friend's that are quite curvy and they are not fat by any means. They are very fit.

Exactly! Idk why sum ppl are like 'i will never b thin, i'm too curvy' :| What an excuse. Or 'Why would I wanna b that small? I would lose all my curves.' Please. If u have real curves, no u will not.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    It's an excuse.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    It's an excuse.

Agreed~!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Some women are funny. If you call them curvy, they interpret that is being fat. Silliness.

I believe there are two specific layers that constitutes one's curves: bone structure and then fat/muscle. The bone formation defines a person's default shape whereas the amount of fat mass and muscle mass adds additional curvature.

As you mentioned, women with wide hip-to-waist ratios can sleep safely knowing as they reduce body fat - even to very low levels - they will maintain their distinct curvature.

As for as women with narrower hips, I know a few who added a significant degree of muscle mass to their legs and butt to give the illusion they had a wider hip-to-waist ratio. My verdict - it certainly makes a difference.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    So inform me of this:

How does this immediately impact your life? Are you not able to make it to work because of this revelation? Are you going to write a book?
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    But maybe their curves are because of their body fat % and they want to retain the curves that they have.

So?
  • shorty35565
    Options
    Some women are funny. If you call them curvy, they interpret that is being fat. Silliness.

I believe there are two specific layers that constitutes one's curves: bone structure and then fat/muscle. The bone formation defines a person's default shape whereas the amount of fat mass and muscle mass adds additional curvature.

As you mentioned, women with wide hip-to-waist ratios can sleep safely knowing as they reduce body fat - even to very low levels - they will maintain their distinct curvature.

As for as women with narrower hips, I know a few who added a significant degree of muscle mass to their legs and butt to give the illusion they had a wider hip-to-waist ratio. My verdict - it certainly makes a difference.

U always have something good to add!
    I def wouldnt stay at a higher weight or bf% just to keep my 'curves'. But thts just my opinion. I'd rather b fit thn anything.
  • shorty35565
    Options
    So inform me of this:

How does this immediately impact your life? Are you not able to make it to work because of this revelation? Are you going to write a book?

Lol mayb I will write a book ab it.
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    ok...thanks??
  • shorty35565
    Options
    But maybe their curves are because of their body fat % and they want to retain the curves that they have.

So?

If that's the case, then it it, like u said, fat & not natural curves. They can retain it, but thts a silly reason to stop one from being fit. Unless they don't wanna b fit, thn ooook
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    some of us fatties are also curvy :laugh:

i'm finding that the more weight i lose, the more curvalicious i look. it's possible that there will be a size that i'd "lose" my curves, but i'm thinking that's maybe like size 0 or something.

and i sorta agree with the OP, i've heard it used as an excuse many many times.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    she would have to learn how to type / spell / punctuate properly first :bigsmile:
    So inform me of this:

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I'm glad we cleared this up once and for all. It's a revelation.
  • a_mandolin_
    a_mandolin_ Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have backwards curves. ( ) Not ) (

Actually, more of a sideways m for a few rolls.
  • Dame_Venus
    Options
    I agree with this to some degree. When I told people my goal weight they said "What? You'll lose your curves!" but I don't think I will.

However, I don't think it is an excuse for women not to get thin. Some women are content with being more plump as long as they are healthy. I suppose it all depends on the woman and what her goals are.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, curves ARE related to fat, not bones.. there is no waist bone....curves are based on where your body places fat stores.

i mean have you ever seen a curvy skeleton?? :laugh:
  • Carlyannabelle
    Carlyannabelle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    In all honestly I have become more curvy with my weight loss and I love it! I am finding myself wanting to wear tighter clothes around my waist to show them off!